Twin Peaks is totally incomprehensible....

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DavidSnakes

Having watched the pilot and first episode, dude, what the fuck is going on?  I knew this show was weird, but some things just don't sit well with me.  The cop dude crying, the weird interludes with Bobby and his idiot friend acting like idiots, the jumble of characters I can't keep track of.  Everything with Kyle Maclachlan is awesome, everything without him is pretty off-putting.  I might have to give it a second look down the line, but I really have no desire to keep watching.  This is coming from a guy who loves The Wire, which is supposedly the hardest show to get into.  Fuck that, Twin Peaks is it.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ProfessorEss

That sounds like Twin Peaks alright. :P

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ryanwho

I'd like to tell you everything you noticed is in fact foreshadowing for an event or revelation to be revealed later. But uh. About half the shit is just there to be weird and never comes up again and is never addressed.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

I thought the pilot was confusing me because I was pretty tired when I was watching it. Seems like I would have been confused anyways though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@DavidSnakes: The show does have a lot of characters, but because of its long run you genuinely come to know each of them well. The pilot isn't a paradigm for the whole series. There is generally a lot more of the funny than there is of the dark. Though, once the Laura Palmer murder arc is concluded you should give up. Its begins to resemble something akin to a bad daytime soap.
TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish with this thread? That's fine that you found it incomprehensible but i never had any trouble understanding what was going on. I would advise you to keep trying because it really is a great TV show, but you have to be willing to give yourself up to it and open up your mind to the weirdness. Like The Wire you've really gotta go for it and watch them either a few at a time or better yet just watch the whole first season in one go. It's great but you've gotta put the effort in.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Sssssh it's ok. Just tell everything to dear Diane.

drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By drakesfortune

Just stick with it, it's an awesome series.  Well worth your time.