#1 Posted by LtSquigs (265 posts) -

Hey gang,

I was taking a look at our twitch page and noticed this:

The tiniest little link

That little link a the bottom seems like it could better, so I thought I would ask the community out there.

Anyone want to make a cool little banner to put on our twitch page? I would really appreciate it.

#2 Edited by Chaser324 (6389 posts) -

What exactly are you looking for? Background, Channel Banner, or Info Panel Images? Seems like the GB page could use a little of all of that, but I was just curious.

#3 Edited by LtSquigs (265 posts) -

Im gonna be honest, I dont know what the standard on twitch is for that kind of stuff. But basically It would be nice if we could have some sort of image below the player that links back to GiantBomb.

#4 Edited by Chaser324 (6389 posts) -

I think those info panel images scale to 320px wide. I don't think there's a limit on the height.

#5 Posted by SgtSphynx (1329 posts) -

I'd love to help, the problem is my artistic capabilities do not match up to my creative vision. Interested to see what other users come up with though.

#6 Posted by Flacracker (1638 posts) -

I made this one for another banner contest. It didn't win but I thought I would try and enter it here too.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (14710 posts) -

@flacracker: I am not worthy to be in the presence of such a masterpiece.

#8 Posted by PsychoPenguin (155 posts) -
#9 Edited by Chaser324 (6389 posts) -

Seriously though, Ian could add multiple images there if he wanted to, so keep them coming.

Also, keep in mind that it will get resized to 320px wide.

#10 Edited by falco_eagle (220 posts) -

*Removed for people seeming to dislike it* Sorry guys, I didn't think it was gonna be so bad. Saw it as more of a "gone, but not forgotten" sorta thing, but I guess I balls that up pretty well. :\

#11 Edited by TruthTellah (8712 posts) -

I don't know. Just felt right.

#12 Posted by LtSquigs (265 posts) -

I really like the Persona one, will ping rorie about it to see what he thinks about it.

#13 Posted by Flacracker (1638 posts) -

I see how it is.

#14 Edited by notdavid (835 posts) -
#15 Posted by automatontribe (196 posts) -
#16 Edited by erhard (397 posts) -
#17 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2089 posts) -

I made this one for another banner contest. It didn't win but I thought I would try and enter it here too.

Well these are reminding me of infamous BURN WITH ME and PASS GAS images.

#18 Posted by GreggD (4486 posts) -

@notdavid said:

@falco_eagle: Ghost Ryan is just a tad morbid.

Yes, but would he have laughed? That's the only barrier to entry, here. Also, am I the only one who noticed the amount of views up there?

#19 Posted by TruthTellah (8712 posts) -

@rhombus_of_terror: haha. That definitely seems like a nice theme for these banners. I hope more will make some.

@ltsquigs So are you leaning more "funny" or "official"? After flatcracker's, I figured the former. ha.

#20 Posted by YoThatLimp (1895 posts) -

@flacracker said:

@truthtellah said:

Well these are reminding me of infamous BURN WITH ME and PASS GAS images.

HEY KIDS, WANNA DIE?

#21 Posted by falco_eagle (220 posts) -

@notdavid: Yeah... it just felt a bit weird to put him there normally, but I was really at a loss at what to do. Anything probably could have been better.

#22 Edited by TruthTellah (8712 posts) -
#23 Edited by Coafi (1483 posts) -

@truthtellah: I'm trying to decipher what the second image is... help me out?

#24 Posted by SgtSphynx (1329 posts) -

@coafi: All you need to know is the words "Pass Gas"

#25 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1414 posts) -

@coafi said:

It's someone farting. Yep.

#26 Edited by TruthTellah (8712 posts) -
#27 Posted by Coafi (1483 posts) -
#28 Edited by TruthTellah (8712 posts) -

@coafi said:

@truthtellah said:

@coafi said:

Understandable question. You can find the answer within:

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/thursday-night-throwdown-06-27-13/2300-7650/

Ahh, why you do this to me?! I ain't a subscriber. D:

Oh, sorry. ha. I didn't notice that. You should become a subscriber if you can, even if only for a month or two. :)

Anyway, they basically played with the Wii U Miiverse a bit, and they looked through drawings on there. Some of them were... disturbing. ha. "Burn with Me!", "Pass Gas" and "Hey kids, wanna die?" are all references from that episode of TNT. Here's a Twitch archive of it(about 45min in): http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/422741925

#29 Edited by TruthTellah (8712 posts) -

@chaser324: Oh okay, you probably needed them resized to 320px wide. Got it. Thanks, Chaser!

#30 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

I kinda threw this together pretty quickly, I could improve some details on it if you want me too. A little more serious then the one before.

D:

#31 Posted by GaspoweR (2934 posts) -

@zero_ said:

@falco_eagle said:

I kinda threw this together pretty quickly, I could improve some details on it if you want me too. A little more serious then the one before.

D:

Faded out Ryan kinda made me ;_; a bit

#32 Posted by LtSquigs (265 posts) -

@falco_eagle: Were actually using that on the twitch page now, liked it enough and rorie liked it http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/

#33 Posted by falco_eagle (220 posts) -

@ltsquigs: Glad you two liked it, I got a little worried after seeing some of the responses.

#34 Posted by Bollard (5386 posts) -

@ltsquigs: You don't need the text there under it still, you can just have the image. It's hyperlinked anyway.

You should probably look into getting someone to make an image for this too: http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/profile

It has a silly size requirement though. (Recommended size 900x480)

Additionally additionally, you can add a background image to the channel page, but it is not necessary.

#35 Posted by Chaser324 (6389 posts) -

@ltsquigs: You don't need the text there under it still, you can just have the image. It's hyperlinked anyway.

You can also remove the header text. You can just have the hyperlinked image in there and nothing else.