Twitch Streamers and YouTube Channels

MrCathal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have been searching online for unique Twitch streamers and YouTube channels, can anyone recommended any?

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcathal: can you give a little info about what, specifically, you're looking for? Most good channels/streamers tend to specialize in certain areas or games.

reverendk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcathal said:

Have been searching online for unique Twitch streamers and YouTube channels, can anyone recommended any?

I'd encourage any and everybody to do a deep dive on the Forgotten Weapons youtube channel.

There is a group of three guys that stream on Uknighted that only play the Metal Gear games on European Extreme over and over again so you can get your fix for high level Metal Gear play with all the story bits and eastereggs.

Loading Video...

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recommend Game Sack as a good Youtube channel if you're into retro games. Their episodes on old systems are particularly good. It's a different "thing" from Giant Bomb; a lot more production and less focus on personality, with shorter bits about each game, but it's interesting and entertaining.

xerseslives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xerseslives

I like Game Sack, but jesus, they are the most awkward dudes.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

• Geek & Sundry for TableTop and Co-Optitude (Felicia+Ryon Day's longplays on their respective channels are also quite fun).
  • Day9TV for Mostly Walking (which can be absolutely infuriating to watch at times, so be warned).
  • Cinemassacre for the movie reviews and James&Mike Mondays. (AVGN has kinda run it's course.)

That's the only channels I follow, don't have any interest/time for more.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Tom_omb

When I run out of stuff on Giant Bomb to watch I go to Game Informer or Double Fine's youtube channels.

GI is the closest thing to GB out there that I have found. Funny, yet mature games media guys doing long form videos that aren't obnoxious like most let's play personalities. Super Replays offer plenty of content if you'd like to watch complete playthroughs of classics. Plus, older content has Dan and newer content has stories about Dan.

I've been watching the Double Fine Adventure documentary on their youtube channel. They also have let's plays with developers like Doom with John Romero or a how to mod a Legend of Zelda NES cart with a double fine programmer.

supercubedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@reverendk: Didn't expect to find another Forgotten Weapons fan in this thread, high five. That guy has such a weirdly magnetic way of talking about guns, even terrible ones.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Fallen189

Game Grumps

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda sick of their schtick. I've fallen down a deep, dark rabbit hole and wound up watching a load of Lobos Jr Dark Souls challenge runs.

reverendk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By reverendk

@supercubedude: It's a great way to kill your financial solvency. If anyone ever suggests that it would be a good idea to own a Sauer 1913, spit in their face and then thank them for their advice.

Anyway

cat_herder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Two Best Friends Play (the Sw1tcher) youtube channel is pretty good, I've been following it for the last three years or so. Their machinima stuff is pretty short and a decent way to figure out if you enjoy their style of commentary. I recommend their Persona 4 and Man vs Wild shorts in particular.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheRealGiantBomb