Two things GiantBomb is doing _right_

pirandello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By pirandello

So now that I have made myself truly unpopular here in the GB community, it is time for me to make amends.

Here's two things GB is doing right.

Great video content, like the long, detailed, entertaining, critical video reviews. Because reading is overrated. And Endurance Runs. I hope they do plenty more of them.

Excellent layout and sitedesign.

Hurray!

I'm home for two weeks with nothing to do except doing nothing. Now that I have humbly showered you with praise, GB community, will you recommend me a game that (1.) isn't a shooter, or if it is; has a slow and tactical pace (i played call of duty online once and after 15 minutes had 2 kills and 1 million deaths), (2.) can be finnished in 2 weeks with no more than a couple of hours a day of playtime, (3.) can be played on either a 5 year old computer or a playstation 3, (4.)  isn't repetative in its gameplay (tetris, I'm looking at you) and (5.) is generally fun and engageing?

pirandello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By pirandello

So now that I have made myself truly unpopular here in the GB community, it is time for me to make amends.

Here's two things GB is doing right.

Great video content, like the long, detailed, entertaining, critical video reviews. Because reading is overrated. And Endurance Runs. I hope they do plenty more of them.

Excellent layout and sitedesign.

Hurray!

I'm home for two weeks with nothing to do except doing nothing. Now that I have humbly showered you with praise, GB community, will you recommend me a game that (1.) isn't a shooter, or if it is; has a slow and tactical pace (i played call of duty online once and after 15 minutes had 2 kills and 1 million deaths), (2.) can be finnished in 2 weeks with no more than a couple of hours a day of playtime, (3.) can be played on either a 5 year old computer or a playstation 3, (4.)  isn't repetative in its gameplay (tetris, I'm looking at you) and (5.) is generally fun and engageing?

Peter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Peter

Number of things Giantbomb is doing right. 1) Everything

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

I'm not familiar with your work, so you're okay with me. You're obviously not as notorious as some of the other people here.

Carlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Carlos

Oh look its LordAndrew! *waves* sup dude :D

Also I don't know any games D:
pirandello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pirandello

I didn't mean to imply that I am famous. If you didn't read my previous post, please disregard the first scentance.

Ruffas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ruffas

Well the site is kind of a cluster fuck.  I liked the old lay out better.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rowr

civilization for the ps3

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By freezerr

How about some slower-paced RTS games?

Sins of a Solar Empire
 - no campaign, just random maps that take between 1 and 8 hours to complete (Kind of like Civ)
Rome: Total War
 - turn based campaign with real time battles

you can "beat" each of these in 20 hours, but there's a lot of depth there to come back to. They don't require as much "twitch", so it's not like CoD 4 at all (or even a fast-paced RTS).