Shadowbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Shadowbreak

Got the info from Kotaku website. Here

The tyranids have been announced and here are the screenshots to prove it.

Tyranids with some Space Marines
Tyranids with some Space Marines

Some tyranid dudes hanging out in the jungle
Some tyranid dudes hanging out in the jungle

And here is the latest trailer with the tyranids that had been edited out of the video before the announcement.

I for one welcome more xenos to the battlefield so that I can purge more alien ass from the Galaxy. The Greater Good will lead the way! If you want to read a preview of how they operate in the game and some in-game footage of them in action you can go to this Gamespot article. Enjoy :)
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Tyranids have been around for 13 years now? It's about time they finally made it to a video game. Looks like they want to compete with the Zerg.  Also, check your history. Tyranids aren't from our galaxy, they're from another galaxy or in the outer regions.  That said, I really need to go pick up the old Space Marines games & try them out. I haven't played a video game of WH40k since Space Hulk came out back in the early 90s.

Avatar image for captainslick911
captainslick911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By captainslick911

this is going to be great but i hope there is till some kind of base system. Dow2 for the win!!!

Shadowbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shadowbreak
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Tyranids have been around for 13 years now? It's about time they finally made it to a video game. Looks like they want to compete with the Zerg.  Also, check your history. Tyranids aren't from our galaxy, they're from another galaxy or in the outer regions.  That said, I really need to go pick up the old Space Marines games & try them out. I haven't played a video game of WH40k since Space Hulk came out back in the early 90s."
Yeah I remember playing the "new"? version of Space Hulk, even though it was nothing like DOW with its real time gameplay I actually liked it quite alot for its concept.
Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By optimusprime223

remember space hulk was pretty cool. Think i might get dawn of war 2, looks pretty rad...

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Yeah, I felt really bumed out that with all our Eldar and Dark Eldar and the Space Marines and Choas Space Marines we didn't get the Tyranids in the original DoW but it's good to see that Tyranids will be making their appearance in DoW II right from the start.

Shadowbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shadowbreak

I hope they represent the Tyranid's great numbers like how they did with the Orcs in the original DOW. From the gameplay footage, it looks quite small then what you would see on the tabletop.

krazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By krazychris

CooI thought that the ship from the trailer that they showed at E3 looked like a tryanid's ship. Good to know that they're confirmed.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By xxNBxx
Shadowbreak said:
"I hope they represent the Tyranid's great numbers like how they did with the Orcs in the original DOW. From the gameplay footage, it looks quite small then what you would see on the tabletop."
I have seen a vid where there were a lot of nids attacking "a la" zerg style   (yes i know nids came first, just an in game example)