Posted by bennym6 (414 posts) -

Ok I will probably do this every UFC event, Getting that out of the way let's get down to business!!!!!

OK!!! First fight of the night is Melvin "The Young Assassin" Guillard vs. Joe Lauzon. I see this fight going to Guillard on this one. He as usual trained at Greg Jackson's but he went over at imperial to train with the likes of "Suga" Rashad and Anthony "Rumble". Melvin is a lethal striker at 155 and he performs as well as he did in his last fight he should be knocking on the door for the belt and the KO Bonus at the end of the night.

Now we have the rematch fans have been waiting for for a while Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia II. You probably heard about the controversial decision last december and if not you must have been hiding under a rock. Phan won the first fight in everyones eyes........except for the judges. The controversy will end saturday and I have Phan winning this one by decision.

Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann is interesting for one main reason (besides the fact that Sonnen is arguably the funniest man on the planet) is how much improved is Stann's takedown defense since the Phil Davis fight if it has improved immensely it STILL may not be enough to stop Sonnen's takedowns. Yes he is that good at them. I imagine Sonnen winning by decision but do not count Brian Stann out he is a war veteran and he will not be afraid of Chael Sonnen.

Ok guys I am literally just writing this after the weigh ins. I am no expert on how a fighter "looks" on weigh in day but Florian seemed more confident this time around stepping on that scale but I still think Aldo will pull this one off. He is Currently #2 P4P fighter in the world IMO and it would take someone like Gilbert Melendez or Frankie Edgar to beat this guy. I still think if "KenFlo" can take him down and stay on top of him it could be very interesting.

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard II was AWESOME!!!. This time around it may not live up to the awesomeness that the second fight was I don't know that. I am lucky to be Irish because I do not have to pay for PPV because the show them live on ESPN uk but even if I had to pay I would have payed money for UFC 125 the card was stacked. Everyone was saying that Edgar vs Maynard II would be a snooze fest but not me. I knew that usually when you have two awesome wrestlers fighting each other that the stand and bang but I do understand peoples worries seeing how the first fight planned out but now this is a new card UFC 136. Lets just hope to see fireworks from these guys I will have to pick the champ for this one because of better boxing skills and head movement.

My Picks: Guillard, Phan, Sonnen, Aldo and Edgar!!!

#1 Edited by bennym6 (414 posts) -

Ok I will probably do this every UFC event, Getting that out of the way let's get down to business!!!!!

OK!!! First fight of the night is Melvin "The Young Assassin" Guillard vs. Joe Lauzon. I see this fight going to Guillard on this one. He as usual trained at Greg Jackson's but he went over at imperial to train with the likes of "Suga" Rashad and Anthony "Rumble". Melvin is a lethal striker at 155 and he performs as well as he did in his last fight he should be knocking on the door for the belt and the KO Bonus at the end of the night.

Now we have the rematch fans have been waiting for for a while Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia II. You probably heard about the controversial decision last december and if not you must have been hiding under a rock. Phan won the first fight in everyones eyes........except for the judges. The controversy will end saturday and I have Phan winning this one by decision.

Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann is interesting for one main reason (besides the fact that Sonnen is arguably the funniest man on the planet) is how much improved is Stann's takedown defense since the Phil Davis fight if it has improved immensely it STILL may not be enough to stop Sonnen's takedowns. Yes he is that good at them. I imagine Sonnen winning by decision but do not count Brian Stann out he is a war veteran and he will not be afraid of Chael Sonnen.

Ok guys I am literally just writing this after the weigh ins. I am no expert on how a fighter "looks" on weigh in day but Florian seemed more confident this time around stepping on that scale but I still think Aldo will pull this one off. He is Currently #2 P4P fighter in the world IMO and it would take someone like Gilbert Melendez or Frankie Edgar to beat this guy. I still think if "KenFlo" can take him down and stay on top of him it could be very interesting.

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard II was AWESOME!!!. This time around it may not live up to the awesomeness that the second fight was I don't know that. I am lucky to be Irish because I do not have to pay for PPV because the show them live on ESPN uk but even if I had to pay I would have payed money for UFC 125 the card was stacked. Everyone was saying that Edgar vs Maynard II would be a snooze fest but not me. I knew that usually when you have two awesome wrestlers fighting each other that the stand and bang but I do understand peoples worries seeing how the first fight planned out but now this is a new card UFC 136. Lets just hope to see fireworks from these guys I will have to pick the champ for this one because of better boxing skills and head movement.

My Picks: Guillard, Phan, Sonnen, Aldo and Edgar!!!

#2 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

Some cunt with tattoos and a shaved head.

#3 Posted by Doctorchimp (4067 posts) -

the guy with the tapout t-shirt is going to beat the shit out of that dude that walked in with an affliction t-shirt.

#4 Posted by bennym6 (414 posts) -

Great to know that there is people who know a lot about mma thanks @doctorchimpand @w0lfbl1tzers

#5 Posted by GigaMunch (98 posts) -

The first fight I could see going either way honestly but I'll pick Guillard cause that dude gots a nickname and Lauzon don't :p. For Phan Garx

#6 Posted by GigaMunch (98 posts) -

I hate my phone. anyway Phan is going to get the victory he deserves. Sonnen by ground close ground war. Ken flo must die nuff said. And Frankie by 4th round Rocky style knockout.

#7 Posted by bennym6 (414 posts) -

@GigaMunch: Why do you want kenny to die?

#8 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

the UFC ppv was boring i thought. i'm surprised at frankie edger fight though. i thought he was going to lose because of him getting rocked the first round. the second round he got that uppercut and the combos and he was done.

#9 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

i cant believe guillard lost like that..... and edgar knocked maynard out?! really?!

#10 Posted by Mu5hy (124 posts) -

@GigaMunch said:

I hate my phone. anyway Phan is going to get the victory he deserves. Sonnen by ground close ground war. Ken flo must die nuff said. And Frankie by 4th round Rocky style knockout.

Good call.

Phan wins by decision in the fight of the night, Sonnen takes Stann to the ground and taps him, Florian couldn't beat Aldo, and Frankie got his ass handed to him in the first, only to come back like Rocky and win by TKO in the 4th.

hope you had money on your picks.

#11 Posted by bennym6 (414 posts) -

I was 4/5 I had a feeling about Guillard being too cocky but I couldn't bet against him not after the Evan Dunham fight. Clearly @iam3green: Didn't watch all the prelims and the only slightly boring fight was the Aldo fight. How could you say it was boring if there was a fight of the year candidate three finishes and one kinda boring fight. You probably didn't even see the PPV SON!