UFC - Online - thoughts?

deadpoool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By deadpoool

Right got UFC yesterday, played the fuck out of it, but THQ did one thing to turn this 9/10 game into a 6/10 game......they completely, and i mean fucking completely made an arse of the online portion of the game for the following reasons:

1) the game has about 50% (value) online achievements right, so you'd think they would put some effort (not much, just you know, seeing what people complain about the most and then not falling into the traps that other games have) into making the online content suitably set up for people who want to play it online......they didn't
2) you can exit to the dashboard if you don't want your loss to count....happened to me 8 times within an hour...this is my biggest problem, i mean c'mon what the fuck is that all about.......was this not like the first problem to get sorted by all games of this type, especially where ranking up and achievements were concerned.......i played one 5 round match...roughly 25 minutes, the other guy quit out when i tko'd him and now there is no record whatsoever of me playing him....absolute fucking nonsese!
3) the game is laggy as hell......need i say more?.....well i will, as a result the person with the better connection can keep doing the same move/technique over and over again!....fucking nonsense!
4) the way you rank up is completely ridiculous....makes no sense, and serves no purpose as a result.

i could go on, but i need to finish this message before i explode with anger at the shoddy game making that is THQ.......i don't actually know why i'm so dissapointed, i mean its THQ right?..........

wrong! the single player game is awesome, it could be better, but the fight mechanics are very well designed in my opinion, and graphically, the game is pretty smooth......

just don't go online with it and you'll be fine!.....if you just can't do without that 400 odd gamerscore, then, well, good luck to you! I wish I had that much patience/time to kill.

=andy=
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Hmm...:

1. Lag seems to be something that everyone is complaining about, but the Quick Look exhibited NO lag...making me wonder if it's just the connections that some people use...but I'd be playing on fiber connection...so whatever.
  2. Everyone seems to be complaining about people quitting out, but is there mic support...and can you talk to your opponent pre-match?  Just wondering, because you could always...ya know...ASK them if they are going to be pussies.  Talk enough shit to a person, they won't leave.  Something I learned from Street Fighter IV.
  3. I don't understand your argument and problem in point #1.  What do you mean that there is no effort made in making the online content suitably set up for people who want to play online?
People quitting out is basically the seventh ring of Hell (I'm pretty sure American Idol and Survivor make up the eighth ring).  Nonetheless, it's something that every gamer has to deal with...and trust me, you WILL have to come to terms with it eventually...because it's never going to stop.  So long as someone has an ego and the belief that they are good at something, they will always rage-quit whenever you prove them otherwise.  I will agree with you that shit like that, especially after 25 minutes of fighting, is a massive amount of bullshit .

I've been wanting to play this game since watching the Quick Look, and that was mainly because of the online battles.  Hopefully, I can get my hands on a copy without having to go out and buy it, but Blockbuster is being stupid and doesn't have the game in-store yet.  Bah.
deadpoool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By deadpoool
jakob187 said:
I don't understand your argument and problem in point #1.  What do you mean that there is no effort made in making the online content suitably set up for people who want to play online?
ie whats the point in tryinfg to get achievements if people are just gonna fuck you outta them?

jakob187 said: 
jakob187 said:
Hmm...:Lag seems to be something that everyone is complaining about, but the Quick Look exhibited NO lag...making me wonder if ... [more]

I disagree dude, it might always happen but the victim should not be punished ala UFC

I feel like UFC's online mode just hit me on the counter and taunted me while i was down on the ground writhing in agony!

lol, ive been playin games online for about 6 years, and UFC is the first game to truly truly drive me insane with its online shittyness!......trust me its awful man.

=andy=
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar

My problem with it is that after every online match whether I win or lose it says connection error the match i played was invalid. This is whether I win or lose so after 2 hours of trying to find the problem I just give up on getting all the achievements for this game.

Other than that, my only gripe with single player is how you can't even reverse basic stuff because your grappling skills isn't high enough but yet your opponent constantly tries to take you down and can punch and kick faster than you as well.