UK PSN User, US Account? MGS Legacy Collection

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

The UK version of the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection sold out everywhere a long time ago. Cannot find it. There are only a couple on ebay, even. There are, however, a lot of US copies around. I feel like a lot of the offering is digital but the codes will only redeem to a US PSN account. I wouldn't feel like I really own those games being off on a weird side account, but I just want to have the collection and since I cannot find a UK copy this is my only option.

How would I do this? Is it legal? Could that account, or my main account get banned? Would I have to be logged in to that account in order to play MGS 1?

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm living in Australia and have had a US PSN account ever since the PS3 was launched. No issues whatsoever. The only annoying thing about it is having to purchase those prepaid psn cards if you want to buy anything from the US store.

I don't think you need to be logged in to play it. I'm pretty sure you can install the game onto the system and have any person log in and play it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@caska said:

I'm living in Australia and have had a US PSN account ever since the PS3 was launched. No issues whatsoever. The only annoying thing about it is having to purchase those prepaid psn cards if you want to buy anything from the US store.

I don't think you need to be logged in to play it. I'm pretty sure you can install the game onto the system and have any person log in and play it.

This is correct. I have a Japanese account and I can play the one game I bought on it with my main account.

It's probably illegal in some way (you have to give a fake address) but nobody cares, least of all Sony.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By alistercat

@corruptedevil: In the case of giving an American address, what should I do? I don't want to use some random person's house in case they get weird mail or something.

@caska: Is that the case for the Vita as well?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi
@alistercat said:

@corruptedevil: In the case of giving an American address, what should I do? I don't want to use some random person's house in case they get weird mail or something.

I use restaurants. Hotels would also work.

Oh and no that's not the case for the Vita unfortunately. You can only have one PSN account tied to a single memory card so if you want to play your US games you will need a second one.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shindig

I dunno. I've recently knocked up a Hong Kong account to grab the Winning Eleven demo and the license is only available for the Hong Kong account so I can't play it on my main one. I probably didn't tick an option somewhere, though.

I always thought older games were still region-locked, though?

Also, why the Legacy edition? MGS and VR missions are like, £3 each on the UK store at the minute.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By alistercat

@shindig: It's nice having them in one package rather than piecing them together. I'm trying to get a second hand UK copy but that would require me buying MGS1 on PSN.

According to the information I could find the games in the legacy edition will work on any region.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, there's a used copy in my local Cex without the code going for £38. New would set you back £50, at best.

Compare that with PSN and you'll get everything bar the visual novel thingy and MGS4 for £20 and change. MGS4 is £5 used from Cex. I know you'd like them all in one spot but £25 for all the games seems like the smarter option. If you're dead set on spending £50, use the remaining £25 for Ground Zeroes.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: They go on ebay for about £30. There isn't a new copy available even, so £50 for new is out of the question. Plus, the packaging for the legacy collection is way better than the HD collection.

I'm waiting for the PC version of ground zeroes.