• 170 results
#1 Edited by icybankz (52 posts) -

Well, i just thought of this while looking up some games i used to play and was like "hey, i would like to play a sequel to this game.". Then i thought i would check what people think about this.

Anyways, i would really like to play a Chrono break(Chrono trigger 3 or Chrono cross 2), The world ends with you 2, or a Metroid Prime 4. I think i missed some but will remember in time...

So, what sequels are you waiting for to be announced?

#2 Posted by Slag (4735 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma 2

#3 Posted by crithon (3441 posts) -

zone of the enders 3, boktai 5 and streets of rage 4

#4 Edited by Humanity (9867 posts) -

@slag said:

Dragon's Dogma 2

I really loved Dragons Dogma and would love even more to play a sequel with better graphics, solid framerate and of course new classes and all that.

I would also love the 1998 RPG of the year Fallout 2 to get another great followup. Maybe one day.

EDIT: @crithon man both you and slag have some fine taste. ZOE2 was another game I really loved. When you got Zero Shift at the end? Gamechanger! NG+ cuts that game down to like under 3 hours when using Zero Shift. Man.. and that vortex cannon or whatever? That game was so cool.

#5 Posted by icybankz (52 posts) -
@slag said:

Dragon's Dogma 2

Would like to see this with a better stamina recovery system and a better getting system. Plus multiplayer.

#6 Edited by HatKing (6062 posts) -

I applied for a job at Volition because of how much I fucking respect that crew. So, whatever they're working on (sequel or not), I want to play. Wish me luck?

The whole THQ thing was kind of a bummer for me. Volition got nabbed by a fiscally secure studio, but there's plenty of IPs that have somewhat hazy futures. I loved Darksiders and Darksiders 2, and I really hope that series doesn't fade into the abyss (I think Abyss was an enemy in that game, and I promise I'm not trying to make a pun).

Aside from that, a Burnout sequel would be great. I realize that's probably not going to happen, but one can hope. While we're on the subject of racing games, a Forza Horizon sequel would be great too.

If a proper TimeSplitters sequel happens, I'll be there day one. I'm already pretty excited about the fan "HD remake" project that's happening.

#7 Posted by csl316 (9255 posts) -

A new Legacy of Kain. Anytime Nosgoth comes up, the comments section is full of people clamoring for a new one in the main series. I had given up hope years ago, but the fact that I've heard decent things about Nosgoth is getting me excited/inevitably disappointed.

And a new Zone of Enders.

#8 Edited by me3639 (1837 posts) -

Easily Freedom Fighters. Especially with Russia and the U.S. situation becoming tense, no better time than to drop an under appreciated gem.

#9 Edited by icybankz (52 posts) -

@me3639 said:

Easily Freedom Fighters. Especially with Russia and the U.S. situation becoming tense, no better time than to drop an under appreciated gem.

What... on... Earth...

#10 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (539 posts) -

Suikoden VI. One can dream...

#11 Edited by PenguinDust (12603 posts) -

Would have really loved to see what might have come from a Kingdoms of Amalur 2. The first one had its problems, but it set down a good foundation for something better.

#12 Posted by Seedofpower (3947 posts) -

Dawn of War 3 and Fallout 4 pretty much. At some point those games are going to be made but I wanted them now.

#13 Posted by SgtSphynx (1537 posts) -

Vagrant Story 2

The Elder Scrolls VI: Tamriel (Hey, one can dream, right?)

#14 Edited by thatdutchguy (1273 posts) -

The only one i want to play is Shenmue 3 but it's never gonna happen .... just a forklift simulator for assholes eh, Jeff ? It is the only thing that could safe the whole goddamn gaming industry imo.

I sometimes feel like i'm being pushed out of this gaming thing.

#15 Posted by ZolRoyce (777 posts) -

Realistic Sequels: Fallout 4, Tomb Raider 2 (I hope they do more raiding of the tombs in the next one.) And what the hell, whatever the next Silent Hill has to throw at us.

Unrealistic Sequels: Syphon Filter, Disaster Report/Raw Danger, Clive Barkers Jericho (god damn cliff hanger ending bastard), Warlords Battle Cry, Vampire Masquerades Bloodline, and just for the hell of it, OverBlood, OB2 was so drastically different then 1 I would love to see a 3rd just to see how insane it would be compared to 2, etc.

#16 Edited by BigJeffrey (5145 posts) -

Alan Wake 2

#17 Posted by Sterling (2605 posts) -
    • Risen 3
    • Fallout 4
    • Dark Souls 3
    • Demon's Souls 2
    • Kingdoms of Amalur 2
    • Dirt 4
    • Skate 4
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
    • Blur 2
    • Split/Second 2
    • Dishonored 2
    • Sleeping Dogs 2
    • Dragons Dogma 2
    • Mafia 3
    • Forza Horizon 2
#18 Posted by Rebel_Scum (758 posts) -

A sequel to Landstalker would be nice. But will never happen...

#19 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4742 posts) -

Darkstalkers 4.

I believe.

#20 Posted by axlvandamme (102 posts) -

No One Lives Forever 3.

#21 Posted by bananaz (259 posts) -

Alan Wake 2. When Quantum Break was announced, I was aghast and disappointed.

Forza Horizon 2. I still don't have a new-gen console, but Forza Horizon 2 might make me get an XBone if it makes the right improvements.

I still hope for Drakan 3. Which doesn't even make sense. The developers, Surreal Software, moved on to make The Suffering series, and then disappeared.

Arcanum 2 should really happen.

Rage 2

Left 4 Dead 3

Rollcage: Stage 3

Receiver 2: Receive Harder

Luckily, I've mostly been getting the sequels I want.

#22 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

Bully 2 is at the top of my list for unannounced sequels.

#23 Posted by Moth_Pope (457 posts) -

Skate 4

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5

WWF No Mercy 2

Red Dead Redemption 2

TimeSplitters 4

That'd do me.

#24 Edited by NTM (7519 posts) -

No One Lives Forever 3

Republic Commando 2

Freedom Fighters 2

There are other ones, but those are the ones I have a feeling won't come, but would be awesome if they did. A long time ago, I would have said Advent Rising as well, though I guess a sequel could still exist and be great. Oh, and though I thought about it little, it'd be awesome to have another Red Faction in the same spirit of the first, like Half Life.

#25 Edited by NTM (7519 posts) -

@me3639 said:

That's a very good point. A little messed up of a mention, but it's true.

#26 Edited by Turambar (6849 posts) -

Final Fantasy XV-3

#27 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (787 posts) -

Fat Princess 2. What could they do with a sequel? I don't know, but I want more Fat Princess.

#28 Posted by SMTDante89 (2613 posts) -

I'd love to see where they take the story from Mortal Kombat (2011) in the inevitable sequel.

#29 Posted by i8Donuts (96 posts) -

Conker's Bad Fur Day 2. A boy can dream, can't he?

#30 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Fallout 4.

The next elder scrolls.

I'm a sucker for big open world RPGs.

#31 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1806 posts) -

For games I know actually exist or will exist at one point, Fallout 4 and Borderlands 3. I want to play the next Fallout so fucking bad, it hurts. Maybe I have too wild of expectations for it, but if it can give a properly updated experience that 3 and NV gave me, I'm all in. For BL3, I really hope they plan on what they teased at the end of 2. I'm not super interested in The Pre-Sequel, but a real se-sequel has me pretty excited. Left 4 Dead 3 will almost certainly be made, though my ideal vision of that game is a big open maps with multiple randomized objectives. Oh, and Half-Life 3, but I won't even talk about that.

As for games that have little to no chance of being made, TimeSplitters 4, Jak 4, Condemned 3, No One Lives Forever 3, Parasite Eve 3, Darksiders 3, Red Faction 5, and probably a bunch of others. The video game industry is a cruel mistress.

#32 Posted by Brendan (8025 posts) -

Realistic: Elder Scrolls 6

Unrealistic: Another Jedi Knight game.

#33 Posted by Slaps2 (304 posts) -

FALLOUT 4!

If that shit really does take place in my home town, I'd be SOOOOOOOOOOO psyched!

#34 Edited by zombie2011 (5036 posts) -

Vinnys talk of Advent Rising brought back some fond memories of that game, i wouldn't mind playing a sequal.

#35 Edited by Xanadu (413 posts) -

Vice City 2080.

#36 Posted by Pr1mus (3959 posts) -

SimCity 5.

#37 Edited by Corevi (4426 posts) -

@csl316: @crithon: ZOE3 was announced and is currently in pre-production, though won't start to really get moving until MGS5 is out.

Anyways, I will have to go with Alan Wake 2 and The World Ends With You Too.

#38 Edited by TheAcidSkull (672 posts) -

Darksiders III- The way thing self off in darksiders II really left me wanting for more, and as much as I love death I was hoping I could play with all horsemen at least once. Such potential, to bad we'll never see the game be made.

Prototype 3- they basically ruined the story in prototype 2 so I'd be nice for them to make a third once to redeem the game and the franchise. Plus it's fun as hell

Shattered Dimensions sequel- No, not something crappy like Edge of time, a REAL sequel where all spider-man interact and the story isn't a complete mess.

Mortal Kombat II- The rebooted series was, to me, one of the greatest fighting games I've ever played, it really upped the game for mortal kombat in general, and yes, while it's true that most of the crew died, we all know that no one stays dead in MK. NO ONE

Castlevania Lords of shadow 3- The first game was to me one of the best games I've ever played, and despite it's flaws, I immensely enjoyed playing castlevania lords of shadow 2, but the way things ended really left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I mean, Gabriel was supposed to die, yet he didn't. In fact, he looked into the mirror of fate, and upon seeing something, he smirked, thereby hinting that the story isn't over, I hope they don't stop with 2 and keep the story going.

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 2- One of the best superhero games to date IMO. I really enjoyed the first one, because despite some of the repetitive missions, it had awesome characterization of my favorite characters, great voice action, great story, Gameplay, and did justice to one of my favorite villains of all time. Would love if they made a sequel.

#39 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5903 posts) -

Pokemon Snap 2...someday.

#40 Posted by crithon (3441 posts) -

@corruptedevil: yes, I do know that, but it's probably a canceled production. Much like how Rising was never officially canceled and just shoved away until platinum came in.

#41 Posted by SingingMenstrual (327 posts) -

Deus EX: Human Evolution 2: Human Devolution (maybe?)

I can't fucking wait.

#42 Posted by Steadying (1423 posts) -

Deus Ex 4, Elder Scrolls VI, Final Fantasy X-3 (assuming they go back to the serious tone of X), Fallout 4, and I'm sure there's others.

#43 Edited by 71Ranchero (2796 posts) -

I want to play the third DLC release for Deadly Premonition ZERO: Origins 2 "Party Edition" The Directors Cut exclusively for Android.

#44 Posted by Glottery (1361 posts) -

Bunch of unrealistic choices;

• Bulletstorm 2
  • Grim Fandango 2 (Not a direct sequel, but set in the same world...or heck, I don't know! Something as charming and original as that in any case!)
  • MDK 3
  • No-One Lives Forever 3
  • Warhammer - Space Marine 2
  • XIII 2
#45 Posted by Corevi (4426 posts) -

@crithon: Kojima said it was still being worked on, and that it will be his last game. Too lazy to find the interview.

#46 Posted by Live2bRighteous (317 posts) -

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Kane and Lynch 3

Spec Ops: The Line 2

#47 Posted by SgtSphynx (1537 posts) -

I really want Darksiders 3, they don't even need to make a fourth game, just make Darksiders 3 a four player coop game where you play as the horsemen wrecking shit in the post-post-apocalypse. Too bad there is almost zero chance that will happen.

#48 Posted by crithon (3441 posts) -

@corruptedevil: again, they did the same thing with Rising. Koji pro is a very ambitious company, especially in Japan but they still want to save face even if their development time and money is really wearing them thin. Rising could have been made by Koji Pro, ZoE2 is proof they could made that game. So yeah, I'd love to believe that it's still in development but in reality MGS5 is top priority for them, and we are lucky to even get beautiful concept art of ZoE3. It's exactly in the same position as Rising was.

#49 Edited by SubwayD (539 posts) -
@live2brighteous said:

Kane and Lynch 3

Spec Ops: The Line 2

I'm not sure those games lend themselves to sequels. Especially not Spec Ops. That was a perfectly contained one-and-done game. I'd be hilarious and tragic if they made another game in the series that removed all the commentary and metaphor, taking it back to it's original Tom Clancy like military fiction roots.

As for K&L, the first was an adiquate test run, while the second perfected the vision. I've no idea what IO could even do to try and top the sequel.

The silly fan-boy in me wants a massive Monolith revival. NOLF 3, Blood 3, Condemned 3, Shogo 2, oh yes!

Maybe even Claw 2?! Unngh...

#50 Posted by TheAcidSkull (672 posts) -

I really want Darksiders 3, they don't even need to make a fourth game, just make Darksiders 3 a four player coop game where you play as the horsemen wrecking shit in the post-post-apocalypse. Too bad there is almost zero chance that will happen.

Yeah, pretty sad. I really enjoyed DS II, sure it had some problems but overall it was a blast.