• 108 results
Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) 7 months, 28 days ago

Poll: Unannounced, yet certain to release games. What are you most excited for? (337 votes)

Rockstar's next Red Dead game 17%
Bethsoft's next Fallout game 53%
Blizzard's next MMO 7%
None of the above excite me. (What does?) 23%

The three games listed above are certain to happen. Which of these games are you most excited for? If you are not excited for any of these examples, what *unannounced, yet certain to release game* does get your blood flowing?

#1 Edited by Yummylee (21615 posts) -

I would think a new Bully game would come out before a new Red Dead. I'm excited for the possibility of either anywhoo.

#2 Edited by Humanity (9212 posts) -

What makes you think another Red Dead is certain to happen? Considering they didn't even bother porting it to the PC.

EDIT: Not saying the reason it won't happen is because there was no PC port. Simply pointing out that it's weird how despite critical acclaim they chose not to port it, which makes me wonder why it would be so certain there will be another one?

#3 Posted by Flappy (2240 posts) -

I'm more interested in why you think there's gonna be a new Red Dead.

#4 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4798 posts) -

@humanity said:

What makes you think another Red Dead is certain to happen? Considering they didn't even bother porting it to the PC.

Still bitter about that, are we?

#5 Posted by mercutio123 (471 posts) -

Not even close to be certain. Far faaarrrr from it. But I will be pumped for the next Burnout until the day I die. Unfortunately looking at the way things have gone for criterion, it'll be a hell of a long shot to get a sequel in the foreseeable future.

#6 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@flappy: @humanity:

It's critically acclaimed. It sold like hotcakes. Rockstar/Take 2 stated *Red Dead is here to stay*. And PC sales for Rockstar games like GTA make up for less than 5% of total sales, while piracy is quite rampant. In their minds, they might be losing money with a PC port.

#7 Posted by AlexGBRO (296 posts) -

@humanity: yeah but still sold so well on consoles

#8 Edited by LackingSaint (1811 posts) -

I'm so ready for a new Bully. New Fallout would interest me, but I think Obsidian has a far better idea of what Fallout should be than Bethesda, and Obsidian almost certainly won't be working on the game.

Also genuinely looking forward to whatever sequel Naughty Dog makes for The Last of Us, just crossing my fingers that it's not a Joel and Ellie story. I wish I could say Beyond Good & Evil 2 here, but I cna't see that game coming out at this point.

#9 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Personally, I want Blizzard to distill all the magic that has happend and is happening in gaming in a 10 years timeframe (from 2005 to 2015), and create a new sweet sweet MMO poison to take my life away. For a year or two or however much of playtime the quintessence of gaming goodness is intoxicating to me, before I build up a resistance.

#10 Posted by AlexW00d (6274 posts) -

@seppli said:

@flappy: @humanity:

It's critically acclaimed. It sold like hotcakes. Rockstar stated *Red Dead is here to stay*. And PC sales for Rockstar games like GTA make up for less than 5% of total sales, while piracy is quite rampant. In their minds, they might be losing money with a PC port.

Retail PC sales you mean. They never actually include digital sales.

#11 Posted by Humanity (9212 posts) -

@humanity said:

First of, thats a pretty stupid thing to say to someone when you have no idea about what their experience might have been with the game.

Second, I thoroughly enjoyed Red Dead Redemption on the 360 at the time of release and honestly couldn't care less if they released it on PC or not.

I was simply curious what makes him/her so certain there is a new one coming, when Rockstar didn't port it unlike most of it's other games, which to me kind of shows that they were done with it. Also I'm not quite sure how a sequel would work. Redemption was kind of a spiritual successor to Red Dead Revolver and it spanned the most interesting timeline of the Wild West. Rockstar doesn't usually revisit the same ideas in terms of location and timeframe unless it's a whole hardware generation apart.

So no not bitter, just curious.

#12 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4487 posts) -

Blizzard's next MMO is definitely high up on my list. Despite the amount of shit they get, they're still one of my favorite developers. I don't think WoW's success was some sort of weird accident or they just got lucky. Sure, the time of it's release played a role, but it's still the most popular MMO in the west by a wide margin and I don't think "luck" last this long. That takes talent and considering Blizzard is still packed full of talent, I expect great things.

Capcom's Next Fighter. I want to believe it's a new Darkstalkers, but it's Capcom so who the fuck knows what it is. As long as it's not Street Fighter 5, I'll be fine. It'll probably be Street Fighter 5.

#13 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma 2. Also whatever the next main Monster Hunter game will be.

#14 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4798 posts) -

@humanity said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@humanity said:

First of, thats a pretty stupid thing to say to someone when you have no idea about what their experience might have been with the game.

Second, I thoroughly enjoyed Red Dead Redemption on the 360 at the time of release and honestly couldn't care less if they released it on PC or not.

I was simply curious what makes him/her so certain there is a new one coming, when Rockstar didn't port it unlike most of it's other games, which to me kind of shows that they were done with it. Also I'm not quite sure how a sequel would work. Redemption was kind of a spiritual successor to Red Dead Revolver and it spanned the most interesting timeline of the Wild West. Rockstar doesn't usually revisit the same ideas in terms of location and timeframe unless it's a whole hardware generation apart.

I agree with you, but reading your original post framed the entire response as "why even bother if they're not going to put it on the PC?" which actually does happen around here quite a bit. I'm sorry for PC elitist-profiling you.

As far as a sequel to Redemption goes, I don't see that happening. That is to say I don't think we'd get a Redemption 2. I can totally see them carrying the "Red Dead" name over to another western, however. It doesn't even have to be set in the wild west; they could advance the time period forward, they could bring it up to modern times, or they could just let RDR be its own thing and never touch it again. I don't think it's necessarily too out there to consider that Rockstar might take another crack at westerns with a new Red Dead game. After all, Manhunt 2 does exist and the world wasn't exactly storming their doors for it.

I do have this niggling idea that Redemption was kind of the last western in much the same way Unforgiven closed the book on the genre in films. Whenever I think of RDR in that context I don't even want a sequel. Hence why I voted for Fallout 4.

#15 Edited by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

Final Fantasy XXIV

#16 Edited by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

A Tomb Raider game where she actually raids tombs now that she has got past the learning-survivor thing. Also, eventually Nintendo is going to have to make either: another Star Fox, F-Zero or Metroid game.

#17 Edited by MildMolasses (3220 posts) -

Bully 2: Eclectic Boogaloo

#18 Posted by johnbakosh (115 posts) -

me4

#19 Edited by ch3burashka (5067 posts) -

Of those, Fallout. I want to see them make a good engine.

Also, Beyond Good and Evil 2. It hasn't been officially announced, but there's been footage and Ancel has spoken of his aspirations. If he can make what he says he wants to, that'll be my game of the generation probably.

#20 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

I really don't want another Red Dead game.

Redemption was alright, but I dislike it simply because it had nothing to do with Revolver, and I love that game dearly. Even the classic character pack for Redemption was a bastardization and made it even worse.

#21 Posted by GTCknight (694 posts) -

A new Berserk game. A man can dream damn it.

Dragon's Dogma 2

#22 Posted by ZolRoyce (694 posts) -

@dixavd said:

A Tomb Raider game where she actually raids tombs now that she has got past the learning-survivor thing.

Agreed, as much as I enjoyed the new Tomb Raider, there wasn't a lot of Tomb Raidering going on, leave the fancy pants action scenes to Uncharted, I want to explore mystical and cool and challenging tombs again.

Anyways, as a lot of people have said, a new Bully would be great from rockstar but I would really love a new Warriors game, or at least a game based on some of the mechanics of Warrior, imagine an open worldish game where you bop around with your crew and take over territories and build up your gang and their rep and weapons, man it would be sweet, probably wont ever happen, but I do dream of it my friends.

And of the ones listed, Fallout, even though I don't much care for the story telling and choice making those guys do, they are damn near masters at world building and atmosphere.

#23 Edited by MB (12384 posts) -

Gone Home 2: We ran out of money and had to come home

#24 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Nothing comes to mind that I'm really excited for that hasn't been announced. I'm always interested in seeing what the new Fallout might be, but I only enjoyed New Vegas so going back to the Fall Out 3 devs has me worried as I have never enjoyed their games. I hope Bethesda can finally make a game where everyone in it doesn't look like a handicapped aborted fetuses with legs, the game doesn't crash to desktop every ten minutes, or how anytime you interact with anything in their games it almost always bugs out like in Fallout 3.

The only game I'm really excited for is Blood Bowl II. I finally figured out how to play Blood Bowl thanks to the Blood Bowl League a bunch of youtube folks did, specifically total biscuits tutorial video clued me in on a couple rules I never understood and made the game go from unintelligible to omfg I got it now in a heart beat, I'm now addicted to the game and it's become one of my all time favourites. So I'm really hoping they don't screw this game up and I'm super excited to see everything they have to show about the game.

#25 Edited by CooVee (148 posts) -

I would be most excited for a new Star Fox game. I can't really think of anything else.

#26 Posted by Abendlaender (2803 posts) -

Also, Beyond Good and Evil 2. It hasn't been officially announced, but there's been footage and Ancel has spoken of his aspirations. If he can make what he says he wants to, that'll be my game of the generation probably.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been officially announced, back in 2008

#27 Posted by Random45 (1196 posts) -

Can I put The Last Guardian here?

While I wasn't a big fan of ICO, SotC is one of the best games I've ever played, and I was really looking forward to their next game. They're supposedly still working on it, so it has to come out eventually... right?

#28 Posted by fisk0 (4101 posts) -

Of the options I chose Fallout, but I can't say I really like the direction they took with the Fallout series. Still, I'd probably vote Bethesda for whatever the next Elder Scrolls game will be.

I've kinda gotten burned out on Blizzard's and Rockstar's games in the past decade.

When it comes to unlisted options, I'd probably say a new Command & Conquer game from EA. The latest announced one was cancelled during beta last year, but I'm certain that's not the end of the C&C franchise.

#29 Posted by Flacracker (1675 posts) -

Half Life 3

#30 Edited by StarvingGamer (8229 posts) -

I thought RDR was a middling, boring game and my current lifestyle cannot support an MMO so... I guess Fallout? 3 was pretty sweet, although I never played New Vegas.

Seriously though? Probably Street Fighter V but really Marvel vs Capcom 4 in a decade or so if Marvel and Capcom can figure out their licensing bullshit but yeah it's never going to happen.

#31 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

I'd rather an epic, hustling, Bully 2 before Red Dead 2. Toilet Paper gun, go kart, hustling math test cheats, etc.

#32 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Cool Spot 3

#33 Posted by csl316 (8651 posts) -

Zone of the Enders 3. I NEED it.

#34 Posted by guanophobic (305 posts) -

Blizzard's Titan is probably taking this gen+ to get finished, not sure if we're able to count that.
Other than Titan, I'm excited to see where the next Deus Ex and Sleeping dogs are going.
Aswell as a new Just Cause.

#35 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (5015 posts) -

Alan Wake 2

#36 Posted by Steadying (1191 posts) -

Elder Scrolls VI, the next Zelda, the next " real " 3D Mario game, Fallout 4, GTA VI, and SMT V.

#37 Posted by Dimi3je (322 posts) -

A Star Wars RPG

#38 Edited by awesomeusername (4183 posts) -

Of the above choices, Fallout 4.

Games I want would be Gravity Rush 2, Far Cry 4, Sly Cooper 5, Ratchet & Clank, Splinter Cell, and Zero Escape.

#39 Posted by SomberOwl (668 posts) -

Fallout 4 I suppose out of those games. I just hope it isn't what Skyrim was to Oblivion. I liked Oblivion more and really liked Fallout 3 so hopefully they don't dumb down and streamline the RPG stuff to much this time around.

#40 Posted by Humanity (9212 posts) -

@humanity said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@humanity said:

I agree with you, but reading your original post framed the entire response as "why even bother if they're not going to put it on the PC?" which actually does happen around here quite a bit. I'm sorry for PC elitist-profiling you.

As far as a sequel to Redemption goes, I don't see that happening. That is to say I don't think we'd get a Redemption 2. I can totally see them carrying the "Red Dead" name over to another western, however. It doesn't even have to be set in the wild west; they could advance the time period forward, they could bring it up to modern times, or they could just let RDR be its own thing and never touch it again. I don't think it's necessarily too out there to consider that Rockstar might take another crack at westerns with a new Red Dead game. After all, Manhunt 2 does exist and the world wasn't exactly storming their doors for it.

I do have this niggling idea that Redemption was kind of the last western in much the same way Unforgiven closed the book on the genre in films. Whenever I think of RDR in that context I don't even want a sequel. Hence why I voted for Fallout 4.

No harm done, I was just surprised by the open hostility towards a post I didn't think was baiting or controversial in any way. Ironically at the time of RDR's release I was taking a nice long break from PC gaming and only concentrating on consoles as I found that the necessity to upgrade components and constantly troubleshoot game bugs was getting in the way of simply enjoying the games themselves - so I'm far from a PC elitist and only this past year have started gaming on my computer after a long hiatus.

I agree in that it seems like Redemption might be the last big western. I'm not sure what else they could do with the formula. Redemption was already full of era-specific activities and pulled all of that off very well. Not sure what they could add, but then again I'm not as clever as game developers. If they were to advance in the timeline I just don't think it would even be a western at that point - not even sure what that time period was. You do make a valid point with Manhunt 2 though, as that game played very much identically to it's predecessor, and it's not like Manhunt was this smashing financial success like GTA or Red Dead.

#41 Edited by Kraznor (1578 posts) -

Rocksteady's next game has me interested. Origins seemed fine but I want to see the creator's of the Arkham franchise play with new hardware.

#42 Edited by xyzygy (9981 posts) -

I thought RDR was an absolute beauty of a game and so I'm really excited for what they do next. Surely it's coming because it did very well. I don't want a direct sequel obviously but something new.

#43 Edited by SmithCommaJohn (141 posts) -

Half-Life Thr...sorry, I can't even say it with a straight face

#44 Posted by jacobpv (2 posts) -

Demon's Souls 2

#45 Posted by supermonkey122 (817 posts) -

The next Mortal Kombat

#46 Posted by Willza92 (263 posts) -

Rocksteadys next actual Batman game. I would hope for an open world Gotham (that feels more alive than B:AO) and different cases that act like the dungeons from A Link Between Worlds, so you can load up your utility belt with the gadgets you'll need to beat that specific case, and do them in whatever order you chose.

Also interested in what a post The Joker world acts like in a Batman story.

#47 Posted by ch3burashka (5067 posts) -

@ch3burashka said:

Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been officially announced, back in 2008

http://www.ign.com/games/beyond-good-evil-2/pc-14256841

" The game has not yet, however, been officially announced under the title "Beyond Good & Evil 2" -- it is instead referred to simply as "Next Michel Ancel Project" "

#48 Posted by Ezekiel (447 posts) -

Hidetaka Miyazaki's lighter game.

#49 Posted by PimblyCharles (1425 posts) -

Does GTA V on PC count? Looking forward to that, still haven't played it.

#50 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5479 posts) -

I need a new fallout game.