User Lists: 5

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thiago

I still need to buy the first Uncharted, but whenever I had the money something else would happen and I would end up not buying it. Now I am going to get Infamous, so it will have to wait a little more.

SolidestChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By SolidestChimp

I hope the second uncharted is good, because the first 1 i thought was a bit to easy. And i also hated how you spend 40min opening a door by solveing a puzzle only for the bad guys to be there to great you ( am like how the fuck did you get there i just opened the dam door >_> )

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

wow...that...was just amazing. U1 is still one of my fav game on the ps3. looks like U2 will be also.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Red

I adored the first Uncharted, and UC 2 looks slicker, faster, and wreaks even more of the wonderful stench of Hollywood.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

It does look very, very good. Even if it only ends up as good as the original it's certainly a contender. But even from those 5 minutes it looks like it goes way beyond the original.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Kazona

There is something slightly off about the animations, but other than that the game looks absolutely fantastic. Breathtaking even. PS3 owners can count themselves lucky.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By get2sammyb
Kazona said:
There is something slightly off about the animations, but other than that the game looks absolutely fantastic. Breathtaking even. PS3 ... [more]
I think the animations look amazing. What do you think looks slightly off?
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

PS3 games look like crap compared to the 360.  This is why sales of PS3 SUX!!!!!

MGS4 FOR 360 CONFIRMED FOR E33333333333!

In all seriousness, it looks amazing.  I'll be picking it up day one and I hope Drake is still as funny...judging from the first word he says in the demo video...you can sure as hell bet it is.  :D

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thiago
get2sammyb said:
Kazona said: There is something slightly off about the animations, but other than that the game looks absolutely fantastic. Breathtaking ... [more]

I agree, the animations are very fluid. The game looks beautiful, it seems that the reign of Killzone 2 as the "best looking PS3 game" will last only a few months.

ghettobond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By ghettobond

I don't know if it's just me, but it definitely seems like it takes fewer shots to kill enemies in Uncharted 2.  This is definitely a positive in my opinion, because the only thing I disliked about the original was how the enemies took several shots to kill.

Also, I'm pretty hyped about the new animations.  Watching Nathan throw a baddie off of a roof while he's on a ladder was pretty awesome.  I'm really looking forward to this game.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I don't get it.  Why would it be GOTY?  It looks like what you'd want from a fairly straight forward Uncharted sequel.  Why would this be GOTY material?  It looks too similar to the first.  It reminds me of Gears 2.

I dunno, but these sequels to great games that just aren't taking things to another level but more so like new levels don't do much for me.  I'll buy them, it's just it's not that exciting imo

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By get2sammyb
SmugDarkLoser said:
I don't get it.  Why would it be GOTY?  It looks like what you'd want from a fairly straight forward ... [more]
You're right. Naughty Dog should totally set the game in Victorian, England and change the genre to puzzle instead of improving and perfecting the previous entry in the series.

I can see it now - they could change the protagonist to an English peasant type character voiced by Bill Oddie, in which you complete Tetris style puzzles in order to pick the pockets of the rich and ultimately become a smug git living in a castle. It would be called: Uncharted 2: Among Victorian Thieves.

*sigh Smug*

Have you played the original? It's clearly taking things to another level, I can tell you that just from watching this (unfinished) 5 minute demo. There are new gameplay techniques (note the stealth), the environment lends itself to much more platforming, the platforming and combat are integrated, the animation is a step up from the previous game, the hand-to-hand combat is better, and the presentation looks to have an even more cinematic presence than the original. Those are just the things I happened to notice.

I don't want to come across like I'm part of the Uncharted Defence Force but come on -- don't be silly. Although - I do think it's a little stupid calling "Game Of The Year" before we've all had a chance to play it/the other games that come out this year.

Besides, Modern Warfare 2 already has game of the year in the bag, simply because it's the sequel to Call Of Duty 4. It can't not win, even if it sucks.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kazona
@get2sammyb: I don't mean all the animations. Just during certain parts it looks as if the animations for Drake aren't quite finished yet. Could be just me tired as hell, though.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By get2sammyb
Kazona said:
@get2sammyb: I don't mean all the animations. Just during certain parts it looks as if the animations for Drake aren't quite ... [more]
Well yes, fair enough, you're probably right. It does have 5 months of development time left after all. And seeing as similar footage to this leaked at GDC we'd have to assume this is a build from early '09.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By End_Boss

Uncharted was a blast, and I hope this one tops it in every aspect. I also hope they don't feel that every thing has to be an urban environment... I was really fond of the first game's ancient ruins and dilapidated submarines. That being said, and this might only be because I recently went back to playing this title, but do the free running aspects and animation seem super reminiscent of Assassin's Creed to anyone else? Is anyone from the Creed team working on Uncharted 2?

One last thing: the hand-to-hand animations look great. Shooting, not so much. Also, I will withhold my GOTY '09 nomination; looks good, but not that good.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By End_Boss
JacobBrodersen said:
I gotta say, that just like Uncharted 1, it looks extremely pretty, but outside that it just seems boring! (Yes, ... [more]
Why do you have (surgical?) tape on your mouth and how do you expect me to take your opinion seriously like that?
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By End_Boss
@JacobBrodersen: I know you're lying because girlfriends don't exist.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By penguindust

This does look so sweet, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to go GOTY yet especially after seeing the footage from Mass Effect 2.  Ah, I don't know which game to love more right now. 

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kazona
get2sammyb said:
Kazona said: @get2sammyb: I don't mean all the animations. Just during certain parts it looks as if the animations for Drake ... [more]
Yep. And I do think that this is one sweet looking game. I'm really hoping I'll be able to get a PS3 before it comes out, but I doubt it.
Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Qorious

I bought Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and I've been playing it for awhile now and it's great! I love everything about it! And this footage just got me even more hyped for Uncharted 2!

haytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By haytek

Yes, this game is the only reason I still have the system!

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Otacon

I'm blown away by those visuals, I absolutely adore Uncharted, can't wait for this.

Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Warihay

I don't even own a PS3 but god damn that looks so good. PS3 still needs to get cheaper before I would ever think of picking one up but if I ever do, this will be bought first along with the first Uncharted. Can't wait to see more from E3.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pibo47

LMFAO @ GOTY 09.
 THis game does look alot better than the 1st one though. Love the drake character.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mordukai

The enemies seem to die faster, I remember I had to unload clips into them for them to die.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jayge_
Kazona said:
@get2sammyb: I don't mean all the animations. Just during certain parts it looks as if the animations for Drake aren't quite ... [more]
No, you're right. Certain transition animations and other animations have some trouble chaining together (or they look just plain strange). For the most part though, the animations are on par with games like Assassin's Creed. Simply awesome.
JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JCGamer

I loved the first one and this game is looking great.  The 2 only things I would want improved is the way enemy attacks were structured (enter an arena and several waves of dudes come), and no crazy shoot fest like towards the end of the first uncharted.  With Uncharted, inFamous, Brutal Legend, SFIV--2009 is going to be a great year.

noiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By noiz

Looks amazing. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart at the end like the first one.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By get2sammyb
Kazona said:
get2sammyb said: Kazona said: @get2sammyb: I don't mean all the animations. Just during certain parts it looks as if the animations ... [more]
Fingers crossed for a pricedrop for you.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Red
noiz said:
Looks amazing. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart at the end like the first one.
I thought that the last four chapters of Uncharted was its high. 
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By get2sammyb
Red said:
noiz said: Looks amazing. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart at the end like the first one. I thought that the ... [more]
I loved the rainy boat section. The only thing that irked me was the sci-fi element that popped up near to the end. From a narrative sense - that was kind of dumb. :(
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Red
get2sammyb said:
Red said: noiz said: Looks amazing. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart at the end like the first one. I thought ... [more]
True, but the gameplay was just totally flipped on its head.
sephiroth1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sephiroth1983

I did really enjoy the first game will have to see how the second one holds up