#1 Posted by billygoebel (5 posts) -

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with Uncharted 2. Whenever I come back from a loading screen or load my game, or a cutscene, I automatically equip a grenade, and I can't unequip it until I throw it or fall off of something. Also, I'm unable to scope in on any of the long guns, my input is simply ignored. I'm assuming this is a controller issue, I could be wrong. I've owned this controller and game since 2009, so they aren't in the best shape, but they were fine a week ago. Any ideas?

#2 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with Uncharted 2. Whenever I come back from a loading screen or load my game, or a cutscene, I automatically equip a grenade, and I can't unequip it until I throw it or fall off of something. Also, I'm unable to scope in on any of the long guns, my input is simply ignored. I'm assuming this is a controller issue, I could be wrong. I've owned this controller and game since 2009, so they aren't in the best shape, but they were fine a week ago. Any ideas?

Sounds like a broken controller. Not very normal an input isn't recognized in a game. The first problem sounds like an odd bug, all I can say is to not have grenades anymore.

#3 Posted by billygoebel (5 posts) -

@lord_xp: Thanks for the reply. I tested out the controller with (surprise) UC3. The controller is fine, played for a couple hours online. I guess it is a weird bug? Hoping for the next update...

#4 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

I'll test out my copy later tonight to see if somehow the system update messed up the game though I highly doubt it. I've never had that happen in all the hours I played that game so I don't know. Could also always try deleting the game data, not the saves, and then repatching the game. Perhaps something got corrupted.

#5 Posted by billygoebel (5 posts) -

@devilzrule27: I've also had a bunch of weird issues simply because the disc was dirty, but that wasn't the case here. I'll see about repatching.

#6 Posted by billygoebel (5 posts) -

Thanks for the help, everyone. I've diagnosed it as malfunctioning L2 and R3 buttons, possibly due to some sort of water damage. Fixable? Much obliged.