#1 Posted by BombKareshi (996 posts) -
#2 Posted by BombKareshi (996 posts) -

Just got a call from my girlfriend asking whether to buy Uncharted or Heavenly Sword. I told her Uncharted, because I'd heard good things about it, and since we gave Heavenly Sword a rental and the two hours we spent trying it out didn't really wow me. So this might come a little late, but given the same choice, which game would you have picked?

#3 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I would've picked Uncharted. Heavenly sword was only ever really known because of the tech it used at the time. The gameplay was sort of weak. Uncharted is the way to go

#4 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Uncharted. All I remember from Heavenly Sword is hair and the half-nekkid lady.

#5 Posted by Heltom92 (704 posts) -

Uncharted, buy Uncharted 2 as well.

#6 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

Uncharted. Never played Heavenly Sword, but Uncharted is great.

#7 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

@Yanngc33 said:

I would've picked Uncharted. Heavenly sword was only ever really known because of the tech it used at the time. The gameplay was sort of weak. Uncharted is the way to go

I haven't played Heavenly Sword, but I kind of feel this way about Uncharted.

#8 Posted by Anund (876 posts) -

I loved Uncharted.

#9 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

Uncharted is a better game but I loved Heavenly Sword

#10 Posted by Castiel (2531 posts) -

Uncharted. It's actually still a fun and playable game.

#11 Posted by ESREVER (2671 posts) -

Uncharted is the better choice for sure. Although the characters and their animation (especailly during the cutscenes) were pretty amazing in HS. HS also had Kai.... TWING TWANG~!

#12 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

Heavenly Sword's gameplay wasn't that bad; I enjoyed my time with it. That said, I still prefer Uncharted.

#13 Posted by BombKareshi (996 posts) -

Uncharted is way in the lead. I'm somewhat relieved. It seems by suggestion was not ill-advised.

#14 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2211 posts) -

Uncharted is too obvious an answer to even give it a second thought. Now if the choice was between Uncharted and Killzone 2 that could be trickier. Heavenly Sword didn't feel right to me, I guess my expectations for it back then were too high as I was hoping it would be the (back then) next generation God of War.

#15 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I kinda like both, but then again I know that launch titles aren't perfect.

#16 Posted by shootermcclay (219 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles

#17 Posted by Roddykat (237 posts) -

As much as I like Heavenly Sword, think it's worth a play, and wish for a sequel, I'd say Uncharted.

#18 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

@shootermcclay said:

Valkyria Chronicles

This lol.

But yeah, both are fantastic games. Heavenly Sword should not be discounted, it was fun.

#19 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

I liked Heavenly Sword but Uncharted was definitely better.

#20 Posted by K0dos (1 posts) -

Uncharted is better but still has issues. Uncharted 2 is massively better and much of the foundation of it comes from the first game. Heavenly Sword has more issues but it's still worth playing.