• 83 results
HolyHackZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HolyHackZack

Getting close to the end of the first Dead Space. Amazing atmosphere, great shooting mechanics, intriguing story, yet still it feels like a chore to finish. I think my main complaints is that the game is tense to the point that it's just uncomfortable to play and the missions all run along the line of "Isaac, go fix this thing. Isaac, go fix that thing". Bioshock 2 was another that had very competent gameplay yet just had a "Been there, done that, with a better story..." kind of feel. I've put about 3 hours into Assassins Creed: Brotherhood as well yet its been sitting on my shelf since it came out, maybe just too soon after playing the second. Am I just too hard to please?

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ketchupp

Borderlands, I don't know why but I just get burnt out so fast on that game whenever I try to play it.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By soldierg654342

If you can't get into a game, it's not undeniably good. 

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten

I wouldn't be able to tell how undeniably good a game is if I can't get into it so I don't really know any

Avatar image for videospacegames
videospacegames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By videospacegames

I tried Grand Theft Auto 4 but just didn't care so much about anything in that game.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Capum15
@Ketchupp said:

Borderlands, I don't know why but I just get burnt out so fast on that game whenever I try to play it.

I have this same problem. Now granted, I got it on the 360 since my laptop can't run anything relatively new, but still.

And while not "undeniably" good, I burnt out hard on "Dead Money" for New Vegas, and eventually willed myself to grind it out. Second time I went in though, I really enjoyed it. And Light Step made it much more tolerable. Still hate those fucking radios though.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Slaker117

Uncharted 2. I see that it's well made, but the formula of cover based shooting and platforming set pieces just doesn't hold my interest. Both parts are competent, but not best in class, so playing it just makes me think of the games that do whatever section I'm on better. While the visuals are nice, I don't feel like they are good enough to be impressive onto themselves. Similarly, the story/voice acting/cutscenes are better than most games, though not enough so to be the reason to play. Again, I recognize that overall it's a very solid package, but it just doesn't click for me.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#8  Edited By donutfever

The Ball.

Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tonyyj

Any of the Metal Gear series. I can see the production values, gameplay, and story as well-polished and well made but for some reason I just can't bring myself to finish more than a quarter of each game. I always start off super enthusiastic about it, but after maybe 2-3 days I just stop playing for good.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Dany

Halo. I have a halo reach disc from the beta awhile back but nope. I put the disc in and launched it saw the title screen and was like 'nah' nothing from that franchise interests me in the least bit.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11  Edited By JasonR86

The Street Fighter games.  I tried with 2 long ago and couldn't get into it.  I tried with 4 recently and couldn't get in to it.  I don't know what it is.  The only fighting games I like anymore are the Mortal Kombat and Virtua Fighter games.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dragon Age.

I understand the appeal, but it's just Knights of the Old Republic in a fantasy setting.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PillClinton

Something very recent and topical: Deus Ex HR. I know it's a good game, and I like it, but I'm just not compelled to play it at all.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TotalEklypse

Question hurts my brain. 

If not play.. not good? If play.. good? 

Loaded question, I fail to see how you can think a game is good and not play it. If it was good I sure as hell would play it.. 
Now a game that other people went on and on about, yet I hate.. yea I can do that 

Fuck Bayonetta.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

Bioshock, Halo, and Gears of War. All very well made, just not for me.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wickedsc3

I would have to say the halo franchise, I just can't get into the story.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Clonedzero

star craft 2.
i see why people like it and stuff.
macro base building and the repetitive nature of build orders and all that just completely turns me off on it.
i can see that its a well crafted game and all that, but its not for me.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By tourgen
@HolyHackZack: man great points about Dead Space.  I Loved that game, and hated it.  The lighting, locations, graphic design, UI, everything was simply amazing and awesome.  The type of game they chose to make bummed me out.  Shooting shit is fun and jump scares are O.K. I guess but it's just so cheap and easy.  I would have loved to see the same dedication and effort into something more uplifting and true to the roots of hard space sci-fi.  More about exploration and thinking and less about shooting and space zombies.  I s-ranked that game but I never got into it.  If that makes any sense :/  It's themes and story were just so off-putting.

Never played the sequel.  I'm done with that type of game/story.

Also Red Dead Redemption.  Meh.
Avatar image for starfishhunter9
Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Civ 5 and the total war series. The learning curve is just too steep.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By veektarius

Oh I can totally do this one. Company of Heroes. I have played the single player campaigns to so many RTSes with only minor annoyance, but something about having to juggle such intense micro with the macro in Company of Heroes frustrates me by like the fifth mission. I just get overwhelmed.

I also think that having a tent that manufactures tanks in the middle of a battlefield is a dumb way of portraying WWII.

That said, really intense game, great sound design, really interesting mechanics. I just can't play it.

JoeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JoeH

Batman Arkham Asylum, I know it's good, I like it but I just... dunno... can't get any momentum going with that game.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
@DantronLesotho said:

I tried Grand Theft Auto 4 but just didn't care so much about anything in that game.

This. 
I know the game is good and play it online alot but cannot bring myself to do the main story, I get bored straight away.
MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MakoTitan

This might be a backlash of sorts, but the legend of zelda...I just can't get into it. I've tried on multiple occasions, but its not happening.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By KarlPilkington

Borderlands. I get why people like it, I just couldn't get into it all.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By imsh_pl

Red Dead Redemption. This game is just incredibly boring. Same with LA Noire.

I've tried getting into Bioshock time and time again but the poor combat side of the game is just not for me.

The World Ends With You is one of the most boring DS titles I've ever played.

I finished Limbo like 2 weeks ago and honestly can't see what all the fuss is about. The game is frustrating, has shallow gameplay and the constant threat of death makes it hard to focus on solving a puzzle.

So there.

No Caption Provided
Kermity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kermity

Half Life 2 for me, tried it about a year ago and just stopped playing partway through it.  I think it's hard to enjoy that game as much when you're this late to the party. 
Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@imsh_pl said:
Red Dead Redemption. This game is just incredibly boring. Same with LA Noire.

I've tried getting into Bioshock time and time again but the poor combat side of the game is just not for me.

The World Ends With You is one of the most boring DS titles I've ever played.

I finished Limbo like 2 weeks ago and honestly can't see what all the fuss is about. The game is frustrating, has shallow gameplay and the constant threat of death makes it hard to focus on solving a puzzle.

So there.

So in other words you don't think any of them are undeniably good. You're just listing popular games you don't like.
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By imsh_pl
@528seven: Kinda. But if a game is undeniably good then it can't really be hard to get into right? So then this thread makes little sense.

Or am I missing something here?
wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By wh1terav3n

I absolutely, positively, cannot play Zelda games. I've tried Link to the Past, Ocarina, one of the GBA ones, and a gamecube one. I absolutely did not like any of them. I understand that they are good, I just do not like them in the slightest.

FraggingRights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FraggingRights

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Every time I try and play it, I can see and feel why people love it. Yet, there is always this inner repulsion that inhibits me from enjoying/playing the game. I have yet to finish it.

gave1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By gave1

I have three very popular ones that I could not get into: Limbo, Mass Effect (1&2) and Half Life (played on 360 and maybe I got to it too late). Never finished Half Life or Limbo. Finished both Mass Effects and really don't see the dedication that people have to the franchise.

ronin00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ronin00

@Sir_Ragnarok said:

Dragon Age. I understand the appeal, but it's just Knights of the Old Republic in a fantasy setting.

I agree with you on this. The game seemed like I would love it, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gargantuan

Team Fortress 2
Counter Strike
Battlefield games

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Anund

Halo series

Metal Gear series

Grand Theft Auto series

Batman Arkham Asylum

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36  Edited By Yanngc33

Fifa and street fighter

LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LibraryDues

I've been trying to wrap up the last 10 or so missions in GTA IV for awhile now, but damn, driving literally across the entire game world just to die almost instantly, and not even know what happened, REEEEALLY saps me of that motivation.

My roommate has been trying to get my to play Bayonetta, and I've put a few hours into it, but it just feels like a chore.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By guiseppe

The Halo games. I still don't see what's so great.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@imsh_pl said:

@528seven: Kinda. But if a game is undeniably good then it can't really be hard to get into right?

Of course it can. Just depends on your preferences.

For example: I'm quite sure Civilization IV is a great game and a lot of things about it appeal to me, but the experience of playing it bores me to fucking tears. It just isn't for me. Same thing for all SRPGs.
amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By amomjc

I don't understand this mentality. What more do you want from a game, really? Every game is "Get from Point A to point B," and really, there is only so much you can do to liven that up. You can add, "Save 5 people while getting to Point B," but really your just getting to Point B with the added chore of saving 5 people. Same goes for any game, "Go hack this, go kill that, kill 10 of these," I am not sure how you can cause more uniqueness to this without just falling in yet another category of "Already did this."

Don't get me wrong, I am not going to sit here and act like I know how to make a great game, or that it's impossible to create uniqueness in a game other than it's art, it's just that I think with the amount of people playing around with games these days, you think they would have figured it out already.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#41  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Bioshock. I just couldn't deal with the clunky gameplay. None of the action felt good.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By inkerman

Mass Effect (any of them) and Borderlands. Admittedly I haven't tried to play either of them myself, but having seen others play, I just know they'd frustrate me.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By haggis
@Ketchupp said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I had the same reaction to Dead Space. I understand why a lot of people loved it. I just ... couldn't deal with it. Can't quite put my finger on it, but just couldn't get into it. Red Dead Redemption, though, I powered through the muddled middle of that game, and I'm glad I did. I was into it, then very much not into it, then into it again. GTAIV, never got into it. Halo (played ten minutes of Halo 3 before never touching it again) and Gears of War were the same way for me.
metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By metalmoog

Assassin's Creed 2. Every time I force myself to play it something about the clunky mechanics irritate me and frustrate me into shutting it off. It's definitely the game of this gen that I simply cannot get into because of the way Ezio handles and how the controls are laid out. For a game that scores so high and has such a good reputation, I find the controls to be clunky as fuck.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mercutio123

Mass effect 1 and 2. Have tried many, many times.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Meowshi
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
Dragon Age. I understand the appeal, but it's just Knights of the Old Republic in a fantasy setting.
I'm waiting for the bad part.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AhmadMetallic
  • Any undeniably good RTS game like Age of Empires, World in Conflict, Civilization (turn-based), Starcraft 2. I just can't play strategy games..
  • Undeniably good RPGs -Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 3
  • Bioshock - Too creepy, the AI is all twitchy and doesn't feel like real humans, the shooting sucks. But it's undeniably a good game 
  • L.A. Noire
PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By PerryVandell

I couldn't get into Kingdom Hearts, though I'm not sure I'd call that game "undeniably good".

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there are any undeniably good games.

ikaruga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ikaruga

Ass. Creed 2 I know it's a good game and the 5 hrs or so I played of it was pretty enjoyable but it just didn't hook me and I have absolutely no desire to continue playing it.