UNDERSTANDING UML CLASS DIAGRAMS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KREEPYKRAWLLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KREEPYKRAWLLY
 Hi there, i am having problems trying to draw a UML class diagram in Visio for the information given below, could someone please help me out.

Consider the following information:
The Spectrum, Commodore and Amstrad were all kinds of vintage computers from the 1980s. Like
all modern computers, they possessed a central processor and memory, the ability to display
colour, and present sound. However, since this was a very active time in the evolution of home
computers, they had other features to a greater or lesser degree.

Six models of the Spectrum (more correctly called the ZX Spectrum) were available in the UK: the
original Spectrum, the Spectrum 48, the Spectrum+, the Spectrum 128, the Spectrum+2 and the
Spectrum+3. Of these, only the Spectrum+2 had an integrated cassette tape deck; only the
Spectrum+3 had an integrated floppy disk drive. None of these models was supplied with a
monitor or display screen.

The Commodore had three main models: the C64, the C128 and a special portable model (the
SX64). Of these, the SX64 was the only one with an integrated display screen and the only one
with an integrated floppy disk drive. With the exception of the SX64, all the Commodore
computers had a special separate (and essential) Commodore tape deck, or a special separate
Commodore floppy disk drive as an optional extra. The tape deck could really be considered to be
part of the computer, since it was essential, took its power from the main computer, and was
supplied with it in the retail pack. Both these drives were external to the main computer. The
special cassette drive could not be used with the SX64.

There were 3 models of Amstrad in the CPC Series: the CPC464 with an integrated cassette tape
deck (and no disk drive), the CPC664, which had an integrated 3 inch floppy disk drive (but no
tape deck), and the CPC6128, which was just like the CPC664, but had more memory. All these
Amstrad models came bundled with a special Amstrad monitor (which was the only screen these
computers could use), which had to be plugged into the main computer. This monitor could really
be considered to be part of the computer, since it was essential and took its power from the main
computer.
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By adam_grif

Rofl, UML diagrams. I just finished a "Programming with Data Structures" course which had them in it, and I still have no idea how to do those things. Well I have some idea, but I have no idea why some parts are "right" and some are "wrong". Sigh.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By thebeast

Duplicate of this.  
Please don't cross-post across forums.