• 166 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Posted by pandorasbox (303 posts) -

Is anybody else feeling a bit underwhelmed with the content being produced for premium users(or even in general) as of the last month or two? I don't mean to bitch, since giantbomb is clearly worth my money and they have been very busy with e3/a new office..but i am a bit disappointed. I used to be able to rely on GB videos to fill my down time at work, and i simply can't do it now due to lack of content.

Seems to me that now would be the perfect time for an endurance run.

#2 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Endurance runs aren't premium content.

#3 Posted by pandorasbox (303 posts) -

I know.

#4 Posted by Twinsun (495 posts) -

Yeah, it has been slow, but I guess they still might not have all the equipment for stuff like random pc game. Hoping for a glorious return soon.

#5 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

I'm rather overwhelmed with the regular content as a premium subscriber. Any upcoming premium content just races in front of the GB backlog queue.

#6 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I have been thinking the same thing for the last few weeks or so. there was a time where every Friday they were doing something. weather it was a LoLS or RPCG it was awesome, i would race home to see what was happening. Then they moved, and it all stopped.

#7 Posted by Freshbandito (689 posts) -

yeah it's been lean pickings, just some random pc game would vids would keep me funneling cash moneys but right now it's just not paying off. Here's hoping for a big return to form soon.

#8 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -

All I want to know is where is my Breaking Brad Doom II part 2? I'm effectively asking for self harm here.

#9 Posted by UitDeToekomst (750 posts) -

the amount of content, premium or not, has certainly seemed to dip a bit since the move. that is unfortunate, but i still consider my premium membership to be money well spent. the recent video posts that seem to indicate a whole new area of the building being devoted to GB production is very promising. the move to a new owner and building, as well as the marriages and new parenthood of several staff members, have had a greater effect on the amount of quality content then i expected, but i am still hopeful that we will see all the stuff we love return soon.

#10 Posted by Drebin_893 (2933 posts) -

@Death_Burnout said:

All I want to know is where is my Breaking Brad Doom II part 2? I'm effectively asking for self harm here.

Online
#11 Posted by Irvandus (2891 posts) -

It's GB still getting set up in their new offices, plus they also had the break for E3. I'd imagine more stuff coming in the following weeks.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

A bit, yeah. My sub expires in December and if things don't pick up before then I'm not too sure I'm going to renew it.

#13 Edited by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

Serious lack of random PC stuff. Before they moved there was something like that every week. That was my favorite feature. But hey I guess E3 and new offices dont help

#14 Posted by ShaggE (6717 posts) -

It'll pick up. As for now, dip into those archives. Surely there's some stuff that you've missed/passed over.

Online
#15 Posted by laserbolts (5369 posts) -

Indeed and i'm thinking Dave being busy on the redesign stuff has left him little time to do random pc game videos or anything like that. Once the redesign is done and content isn't so slim I will definitly consider resubbing.

#16 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

I just miss Vinny. :(

#17 Posted by Plasticstars (171 posts) -

Yep. Which is why when my premium membership ran out in April I didn't bother renewing it. If/when content picks up again I'll resubscribe but at the moment it just isn't worth it, sadly.

#18 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

While it's understandable that they just barely got their tricaster the week before E3 and they had to "steal" a PC from somewhere else for Diablo, I think at least a few Load Our Last Saves or maybe some "hey let's play the older entries for franchises coming back these year" like Hitman or Pikmin or something like that would've been doable.

But then again, I feel like an ass for complaining since I could barely keep up with their, what, 15 hours of E3 couch-podcasting last week? Still, I hope things go back to "normal" soon in terms of equipment and ideas for video things to do. I could live without quick looks of games neither of the two sitting in cares about (Inversion) but would prefer them doing something fun instead. Even a video of them building their new live set would've been cool (though maybe they shot one and are editing it?)

#19 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Yeah theres basically nothing. But that can be cool if you think of nothing as some sort of crazy mystery, bro! It's all in your minddd! You control your destiny!

#20 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

Expect things to pick up when they get their new studio sorted out.

#21 Posted by SomeJerk (3396 posts) -

Yeah hasn't been much lately and I see people complain about it everywhere. It's like they lost a lot of manpower and equipment and moved to a new company and had three of their top men busy for good reasons and had their new equipment arrive real late or something, I don't know :(

#22 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -

They lack cameras and capture equipment in general to set up anything fancy.  Jeff has stated that pretty clearly.

#23 Posted by ascholzk (261 posts) -

I love all of the write ups and stories Patrick puts up, even though they aren't subscriber content. I'm sure in the next few weeks when they settle in, more content will come.

#24 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -

Seriously how much time are they going to take to "settle in the new office"?

#25 Posted by DoctorWelch (2765 posts) -

Yeah, if they don't pick things up in the next 2-3 months, that's when I'll start to wonder whether I should keep paying. As of now though, everything has basically been out of there control with Drew's vacation, Vinny's kid, the move to CBS, and most recently E3. I actually can't believe that it took like 3 months for them to actually get the equipment they need though. Either that was laziness on their part, laziness on the part of CBS, or just the fact that their production dudes that know exactly what they need were out for like a month. Hopefully now that things are calming down and they have equipment they will start ramping up content and start making new, different stuff.

#26 Posted by ShadyMarino (72 posts) -

@Death_Burnout said:

All I want to know is where is my Breaking Brad Doom II part 2? I'm effectively asking for self harm here.

This.

#27 Posted by s10129107 (1213 posts) -

I've been a little bummed about it for a while. I'll give it some time though.

#28 Posted by BlackLagoon (1460 posts) -

@Death_Burnout said:

All I want to know is where is my Breaking Brad Doom II part 2? I'm effectively asking for self harm here.

Indeed. The natives are restless. They demand a sacrifice!

#29 Posted by pandorasbox (303 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

It'll pick up. As for now, dip into those archives. Surely there's some stuff that you've missed/passed over.

No, there's not. I've literally been with GB since day one, and i haven't missed a single video. It's my muse.

Also, where has vinny been this last couple of weeks? I miss him :(

#30 Posted by TheSlothKing (331 posts) -

I just want TNTs longer than 1 and a half hours.

#31 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@Turambar said:

They lack cameras and capture equipment in general to set up anything fancy. Jeff has stated that pretty clearly.

Its been 3 months, and they still charge me every month for premium content. So that doesnt really fly.

#32 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -
@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

They lack cameras and capture equipment in general to set up anything fancy. Jeff has stated that pretty clearly.

Its been 3 months, and they still charge me every month for premium content. So that doesnt really fly.

It was a mere two or three weeks ago that Jeff stated on a Jar Time that they still lack the cameras to do non-shaky cam I love Mondays, even if they wanted to.  And the time between then and now?  E3 and E3 prep.  It flies plenty.
#33 Posted by wjb (1697 posts) -

I'm cool for now, since E3 just happened.

I'm just very curious as to how their day goes everyday. I'm assuming preparing the new studio? It's just that most days, lately, there's been a couple (key word: couple) of news stories by Alex and Patrick, and maybe a QL if we're lucky. There isn't a ton of reviews anymore, and the few that do materialize are buried in the site days later after the release. I imagine reviewing games took a lot of their time, like back in the Gamespot days, but since Giant Bomb doesn't review everything like other sites, what do they do with their time? QLs barely take any time, because they admit at the start of most of them that they have only been playing for an hour or two. I doubt so-and-so played Inversion all day, all week.

Vinny and Drew got their hands full with production, and Patrick always seems to be busy with things... Not to be accusing. I'm not upset, just curious.

#34 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@Turambar said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

They lack cameras and capture equipment in general to set up anything fancy. Jeff has stated that pretty clearly.

Its been 3 months, and they still charge me every month for premium content. So that doesnt really fly.

It was a mere two or three weeks ago that Jeff stated on a Jar Time that they still lack the cameras to do non-shaky cam I love Mondays, even if they wanted to. And the time between then and now? E3 and E3 prep. It flies plenty.

Yah, but they have had 3 months to get the equipment they need.

#35 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -
@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

They lack cameras and capture equipment in general to set up anything fancy. Jeff has stated that pretty clearly.

Its been 3 months, and they still charge me every month for premium content. So that doesnt really fly.

It was a mere two or three weeks ago that Jeff stated on a Jar Time that they still lack the cameras to do non-shaky cam I love Mondays, even if they wanted to. And the time between then and now? E3 and E3 prep. It flies plenty.

Yah, but they have had 3 months to get the equipment they need.

Blame iCBS for being slow to give them the OK to buy new stuff.  (Remember, they have to convince people above the money spent is worth it before they can buy anything.)
#36 Posted by wjb (1697 posts) -

@TheSlothKing said:

I just want TNTs longer than 1 and a half hours.

What are you talking 'bout, bro? 1:38:00 is totally two hours!

I forget which TNT it was, but I think one of them said they put in "a good two hours" and the video was 1:38:00. I totally didn't realize we can round up to the nearest half-hour. I can't wait to use that at work!

#37 Posted by ShaggE (6717 posts) -

@pandorasbox said:

@ShaggE said:

It'll pick up. As for now, dip into those archives. Surely there's some stuff that you've missed/passed over.

No, there's not. I've literally been with GB since day one, and i haven't missed a single video. It's my muse.

Sweet baby hammerpants, that's a lot o' content. My hat goes off to you, sir.

Online
#38 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@Turambar said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

They lack cameras and capture equipment in general to set up anything fancy. Jeff has stated that pretty clearly.

Its been 3 months, and they still charge me every month for premium content. So that doesnt really fly.

It was a mere two or three weeks ago that Jeff stated on a Jar Time that they still lack the cameras to do non-shaky cam I love Mondays, even if they wanted to. And the time between then and now? E3 and E3 prep. It flies plenty.

Yah, but they have had 3 months to get the equipment they need.

Blame iCBS for being slow to give them the OK to buy new stuff. (Remember, they have to convince people above the money spent is worth it before they can buy anything.)

Im not trying to blame anyone, I just want content.

#39 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -

It's always been a pretty shitty value but then again it's $5 a month. I think the only premium content I've ever watched was The Amazing Test:Bricked.

#40 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1335 posts) -

I don't expect anything for my money, because in fact I treat it as what it really is. A Donation.

The guys at Giantbomb have and always will create content that's to my liking whether they do it out of a shoe box or if they put a premium sticker on it, it's what they love doing so really I'd get it in soe form somehow eitherway. I choose to give them money to help them be more secure in what they do and maybe that can allow them to produce more of it, but really I feel more like I'm paying for the stuff they have always produced all along.

I think you need to have this sort of attitude because so much of their content is made 'on a whim' and to expect something for your dollar amount is to expect them to be a factory that manufactures content... if you actually sit down and look at the type of shit these guys make you wouldn't go around expectly them to plan out and create it on a per week basis. All you can expect is that they are prolly going to wanna do something all the time and it will be on the site whenever they do it.

#41 Posted by Anthony (238 posts) -

Content has been low and I understand it's due to them moving offices and E3, but I hope it picks up soon. If I didn't have the year sub I probably wouldn't re-up right now until they got the ball rolling again.

#42 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

It's kind of a bummer that we're still feeling the aftershocks of the move to CBS in terms of how much content is being put out.

Happy to be supporting the crew anyway!

#43 Posted by ThePickle (4169 posts) -

They've been in the new office for over a month. Is this seriously still an excuse? They didn't even leave the city.

#44 Posted by StarvingGamer (8559 posts) -

Considering the fustercluck of shit going down in and around the GB crew I'm surprised they haven't imploded, consuming the GameSpot offices like a neutron star.

The content will come.

#45 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

@pandorasbox: I think just about the time Vinny, Drew, and crew got all the video gear setup at the old office and things really started rolling out, they moved. Now they have to rebuild that entire carefully coordinated set of gear, sets, space, cables, boxes, software - all that shit, from square one. I think it was a massive setback. It also had to be a little disheartening. Then he had a baby.

So I guess I'm happy we still even get quicklooks and cellphone-camera-Monday's

#46 Posted by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

@Hunkulese said:

It's always been a pretty shitty value but then again it's $5 a month. I think the only premium content I've ever watched was The Amazing Test:Bricked.

Witch is now free for all to watch, as bin since the split.

#47 Posted by C2C (861 posts) -

This thread reminded me of a post from a while ago. This has been a concern for members for a much longer time than the past couple of months. This new situation doesn't do a whole lot to sell me on the subscription.

#48 Edited by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

Its realy funny but in the GB store there is this description for the "Tip Jar":

"You know what's expensive? A penguin suit. You know what's even more expensive? HD cameras. While we enjoy the penguin suit for the sheer ridiculousness it fuels, we actually need the cameras. Now, a ton of you already keep our lights on by buying from our store and becoming paid members. We appreciate it more than you know.

Yet even on top of all this existing goodwill to us from our users, there have been several shouts from the community to create a Whiskey Media tip jar, of sorts. So here you have it! If you give or not, we appreciate ya. If nothing else, the money will help us hold off the enemy at our gates one more day."

The link for the enemy at our gatesis Gamespot LOL, gess the tip jar failled.

#49 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Deusx said:

Seriously how much time are they going to take to "settle in the new office"?

Good question.
#50 Posted by Bubbly (258 posts) -

@SmilingPig: Ryan actually did that after the move to CBS. Before it went to some site with a picture of the crew wearing fake mustaches.

Online