Underwhelming content for premium users?

• 165 results
pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pandorasbox

Is anybody else feeling a bit underwhelmed with the content being produced for premium users(or even in general) as of the last month or two? I don't mean to bitch, since giantbomb is clearly worth my money and they have been very busy with e3/a new office..but i am a bit disappointed. I used to be able to rely on GB videos to fill my down time at work, and i simply can't do it now due to lack of content.

Seems to me that now would be the perfect time for an endurance run.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

Endurance runs aren't premium content.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pandorasbox

I know.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zeushbien

Yeah, it has been slow, but I guess they still might not have all the equipment for stuff like random pc game. Hoping for a glorious return soon.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I'm rather overwhelmed with the regular content as a premium subscriber. Any upcoming premium content just races in front of the GB backlog queue.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Dagbiker

I have been thinking the same thing for the last few weeks or so. there was a time where every Friday they were doing something. weather it was a LoLS or RPCG it was awesome, i would race home to see what was happening. Then they moved, and it all stopped.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Freshbandito

yeah it's been lean pickings, just some random pc game would vids would keep me funneling cash moneys but right now it's just not paying off. Here's hoping for a big return to form soon.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Death_Burnout

All I want to know is where is my Breaking Brad Doom II part 2? I'm effectively asking for self harm here.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By UitDeToekomst

the amount of content, premium or not, has certainly seemed to dip a bit since the move. that is unfortunate, but i still consider my premium membership to be money well spent. the recent video posts that seem to indicate a whole new area of the building being devoted to GB production is very promising. the move to a new owner and building, as well as the marriages and new parenthood of several staff members, have had a greater effect on the amount of quality content then i expected, but i am still hopeful that we will see all the stuff we love return soon.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Drebin_893

@Death_Burnout said:

All I want to know is where is my Breaking Brad Doom II part 2? I'm effectively asking for self harm here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

It's GB still getting set up in their new offices, plus they also had the break for E3. I'd imagine more stuff coming in the following weeks.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

A bit, yeah. My sub expires in December and if things don't pick up before then I'm not too sure I'm going to renew it.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By warxsnake

Serious lack of random PC stuff. Before they moved there was something like that every week. That was my favorite feature. But hey I guess E3 and new offices dont help

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShaggE

It'll pick up. As for now, dip into those archives. Surely there's some stuff that you've missed/passed over.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By laserbolts

Indeed and i'm thinking Dave being busy on the redesign stuff has left him little time to do random pc game videos or anything like that. Once the redesign is done and content isn't so slim I will definitly consider resubbing.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Barrock

I just miss Vinny. :(

plasticstars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By plasticstars

Yep. Which is why when my premium membership ran out in April I didn't bother renewing it. If/when content picks up again I'll resubscribe but at the moment it just isn't worth it, sadly.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeF

While it's understandable that they just barely got their tricaster the week before E3 and they had to "steal" a PC from somewhere else for Diablo, I think at least a few Load Our Last Saves or maybe some "hey let's play the older entries for franchises coming back these year" like Hitman or Pikmin or something like that would've been doable.

But then again, I feel like an ass for complaining since I could barely keep up with their, what, 15 hours of E3 couch-podcasting last week? Still, I hope things go back to "normal" soon in terms of equipment and ideas for video things to do. I could live without quick looks of games neither of the two sitting in cares about (Inversion) but would prefer them doing something fun instead. Even a video of them building their new live set would've been cool (though maybe they shot one and are editing it?)

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheHumanDove

Yeah theres basically nothing. But that can be cool if you think of nothing as some sort of crazy mystery, bro! It's all in your minddd! You control your destiny!

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Benny

Expect things to pick up when they get their new studio sorted out.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SomeJerk

Yeah hasn't been much lately and I see people complain about it everywhere. It's like they lost a lot of manpower and equipment and moved to a new company and had three of their top men busy for good reasons and had their new equipment arrive real late or something, I don't know :(

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Turambar

They lack cameras and capture equipment in general to set up anything fancy.  Jeff has stated that pretty clearly.

ascholzk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ascholzk

I love all of the write ups and stories Patrick puts up, even though they aren't subscriber content. I'm sure in the next few weeks when they settle in, more content will come.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Deusx

Seriously how much time are they going to take to "settle in the new office"?

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By DoctorWelch

Yeah, if they don't pick things up in the next 2-3 months, that's when I'll start to wonder whether I should keep paying. As of now though, everything has basically been out of there control with Drew's vacation, Vinny's kid, the move to CBS, and most recently E3. I actually can't believe that it took like 3 months for them to actually get the equipment they need though. Either that was laziness on their part, laziness on the part of CBS, or just the fact that their production dudes that know exactly what they need were out for like a month. Hopefully now that things are calming down and they have equipment they will start ramping up content and start making new, different stuff.

ShadyMarino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShadyMarino

@Death_Burnout said:

This.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By s10129107

I've been a little bummed about it for a while. I'll give it some time though.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BlackLagoon

@Death_Burnout said:

Indeed. The natives are restless. They demand a sacrifice!

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pandorasbox

@ShaggE said:

It'll pick up. As for now, dip into those archives. Surely there's some stuff that you've missed/passed over.

No, there's not. I've literally been with GB since day one, and i haven't missed a single video. It's my muse.

Also, where has vinny been this last couple of weeks? I miss him :(

theslothking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By theslothking

I just want TNTs longer than 1 and a half hours.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dagbiker

@Turambar said:

They lack cameras and capture equipment in general to set up anything fancy. Jeff has stated that pretty clearly.

Its been 3 months, and they still charge me every month for premium content. So that doesnt really fly.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Turambar
@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

They lack cameras and capture equipment in general to set up anything fancy. Jeff has stated that pretty clearly.

Its been 3 months, and they still charge me every month for premium content. So that doesnt really fly.

It was a mere two or three weeks ago that Jeff stated on a Jar Time that they still lack the cameras to do non-shaky cam I love Mondays, even if they wanted to.  And the time between then and now?  E3 and E3 prep.  It flies plenty.
wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By wjb

I'm cool for now, since E3 just happened.

I'm just very curious as to how their day goes everyday. I'm assuming preparing the new studio? It's just that most days, lately, there's been a couple (key word: couple) of news stories by Alex and Patrick, and maybe a QL if we're lucky. There isn't a ton of reviews anymore, and the few that do materialize are buried in the site days later after the release. I imagine reviewing games took a lot of their time, like back in the Gamespot days, but since Giant Bomb doesn't review everything like other sites, what do they do with their time? QLs barely take any time, because they admit at the start of most of them that they have only been playing for an hour or two. I doubt so-and-so played Inversion all day, all week.

Vinny and Drew got their hands full with production, and Patrick always seems to be busy with things... Not to be accusing. I'm not upset, just curious.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dagbiker

@Turambar said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

It was a mere two or three weeks ago that Jeff stated on a Jar Time that they still lack the cameras to do non-shaky cam I love Mondays, even if they wanted to. And the time between then and now? E3 and E3 prep. It flies plenty.

Yah, but they have had 3 months to get the equipment they need.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Turambar
@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

It was a mere two or three weeks ago that Jeff stated on a Jar Time that they still lack the cameras to do non-shaky cam I love Mondays, even if they wanted to. And the time between then and now? E3 and E3 prep. It flies plenty.

Blame iCBS for being slow to give them the OK to buy new stuff.  (Remember, they have to convince people above the money spent is worth it before they can buy anything.)
wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By wjb

@TheSlothKing said:

I just want TNTs longer than 1 and a half hours.

What are you talking 'bout, bro? 1:38:00 is totally two hours!

I forget which TNT it was, but I think one of them said they put in "a good two hours" and the video was 1:38:00. I totally didn't realize we can round up to the nearest half-hour. I can't wait to use that at work!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShaggE

@pandorasbox said:

@ShaggE said:

No, there's not. I've literally been with GB since day one, and i haven't missed a single video. It's my muse.

Sweet baby hammerpants, that's a lot o' content. My hat goes off to you, sir.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dagbiker

@Turambar said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

Blame iCBS for being slow to give them the OK to buy new stuff. (Remember, they have to convince people above the money spent is worth it before they can buy anything.)

Im not trying to blame anyone, I just want content.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hunkulese

It's always been a pretty shitty value but then again it's $5 a month. I think the only premium content I've ever watched was The Amazing Test:Bricked.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#40  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I don't expect anything for my money, because in fact I treat it as what it really is. A Donation.

The guys at Giantbomb have and always will create content that's to my liking whether they do it out of a shoe box or if they put a premium sticker on it, it's what they love doing so really I'd get it in soe form somehow eitherway. I choose to give them money to help them be more secure in what they do and maybe that can allow them to produce more of it, but really I feel more like I'm paying for the stuff they have always produced all along.

I think you need to have this sort of attitude because so much of their content is made 'on a whim' and to expect something for your dollar amount is to expect them to be a factory that manufactures content... if you actually sit down and look at the type of shit these guys make you wouldn't go around expectly them to plan out and create it on a per week basis. All you can expect is that they are prolly going to wanna do something all the time and it will be on the site whenever they do it.

Anthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Anthony

Content has been low and I understand it's due to them moving offices and E3, but I hope it picks up soon. If I didn't have the year sub I probably wouldn't re-up right now until they got the ball rolling again.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By coakroach

It's kind of a bummer that we're still feeling the aftershocks of the move to CBS in terms of how much content is being put out.

Happy to be supporting the crew anyway!

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By ThePickle

They've been in the new office for over a month. Is this seriously still an excuse? They didn't even leave the city.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#44  Edited By StarvingGamer

Considering the fustercluck of shit going down in and around the GB crew I'm surprised they haven't imploded, consuming the GameSpot offices like a neutron star.

The content will come.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By tourgen

@pandorasbox: I think just about the time Vinny, Drew, and crew got all the video gear setup at the old office and things really started rolling out, they moved. Now they have to rebuild that entire carefully coordinated set of gear, sets, space, cables, boxes, software - all that shit, from square one. I think it was a massive setback. It also had to be a little disheartening. Then he had a baby.

So I guess I'm happy we still even get quicklooks and cellphone-camera-Monday's

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SmilingPig

@Hunkulese said:

It's always been a pretty shitty value but then again it's $5 a month. I think the only premium content I've ever watched was The Amazing Test:Bricked.

Witch is now free for all to watch, as bin since the split.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By C2C

This thread reminded me of a post from a while ago. This has been a concern for members for a much longer time than the past couple of months. This new situation doesn't do a whole lot to sell me on the subscription.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SmilingPig

Its realy funny but in the GB store there is this description for the "Tip Jar":

"You know what's expensive? A penguin suit. You know what's even more expensive? HD cameras. While we enjoy the penguin suit for the sheer ridiculousness it fuels, we actually need the cameras. Now, a ton of you already keep our lights on by buying from our store and becoming paid members. We appreciate it more than you know.

Yet even on top of all this existing goodwill to us from our users, there have been several shouts from the community to create a Whiskey Media tip jar, of sorts. So here you have it! If you give or not, we appreciate ya. If nothing else, the money will help us hold off the enemy at our gates one more day."

The link for the enemy at our gatesis Gamespot LOL, gess the tip jar failled.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Deusx said:

Seriously how much time are they going to take to "settle in the new office"?

Good question.
Bubbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Bubbly

@SmilingPig: Ryan actually did that after the move to CBS. Before it went to some site with a picture of the crew wearing fake mustaches.