• 166 results
#51 Edited by Ksaw (343 posts) -

No, I'm fine. E3 just happened. In the weeks leading up to that they probably spend a lot of time planning in terms of booking appointments, flights, rental cars, hotel rooms and ghetto-ass spaces to record podcasts. Then they recorded some 12-15 hours of podcasts altogether, prior to and during E3. They also shot ,edited and posted a bunch of video features, posted a good handful of write ups before, during and after the show. Also there's like 10 fucking guys on their team. You have to figure that your membership helps them do all the regular non-premium shit they do on the site as well so, yeah, I'm fine.

Also, as @DJJoeJoe said:

I don't expect anything for my money, because in fact I treat it as what it really is. A Donation.

#52 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

@MODernChris: Did not know that... shit, I just started a tread with that.

#53 Edited by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

@ThePickle said:

They've been in the new office for over a month. Is this seriously still an excuse? They didn't even leave the city.

I mean, you understand that they didn't get any of the video or production equipment when they moved to CBSi and have had to deal with getting all new equipment while determining the logistics of where and how to film things for the various shows and videos and having one video producer have a child and the other go on a two week vacation in the middle of it all? Yes, it sucks that it's taking so long, but it's not like this is some "snap your fingers and it's solved" problem.

I mean, for god's sake forget premium content, they barely had the ability to put on TNT until this week except to borrow Gamespot's equipment when they weren't using it.

#54 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

There still catching their breath after the move and E3, both of these things happened quite close together, now that both of them are done hopefully things can get back to normal. Honestly though there is enough backlog of premium content to keep me happy, oh and HD video rocks.

#55 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

It's GB still getting set up in their new offices, plus they also had the break for E3. I'd imagine more stuff coming in the following weeks.

#56 Posted by wjb (1662 posts) -

I totally believe the situation and I'm not blaming anyone personally, except maybe CBSi, and maybe I'm just ignorant, but what company buys a popular website and doesn't already have provisions available for said website? Or at least get the ball rolling as soon as possible?

"Fuck! Are you serious, guys?! You all are so needy! Tri-caster? PCs? Cameras? A studio? We thought you would make money for us without all those. Can't you like, do webcam shows in your bedrooms every night? Or 12-hour podcasts every week?"

#57 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I think they should send us all a nude cast calender that gives 50% proceeds to a charity amirite?

#58 Posted by MrRedwine (430 posts) -

If you were a member before the change and got a free Gamespot membership, you might check some of their content out. It is generally pretty good quality and there is a TON of it. They have stage shows from all three days of E3 including some great interviews from the bonus stage.

I know it's not the same thing, but it is certainly something. You could also go and play some video games, that's an option.

#59 Posted by ThePickle (4184 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@ThePickle said:

They've been in the new office for over a month. Is this seriously still an excuse? They didn't even leave the city.

I mean, you understand that they didn't get any of the video or production equipment when they moved to CBSi and have had to deal with getting all new equipment while determining the logistics of where and how to film things for the various shows and videos and having one video producer have a child and the other go on a two week vacation in the middle of it all? Yes, it sucks that it's taking so long, but it's not like this is some "snap your fingers and it's solved" problem.

I mean, for god's sake forget premium content, they barely had the ability to put on TNT until this week except to borrow Gamespot's equipment when they weren't using it.

One month isn't "snap your fingers" speed at all.

#60 Posted by joshth (505 posts) -

@SmilingPig said:

Its realy funny but in the GB store there is this description for the "Tip Jar":

"You know what's expensive? A penguin suit. You know what's even more expensive? HD cameras. While we enjoy the penguin suit for the sheer ridiculousness it fuels, we actually need the cameras. Now, a ton of you already keep our lights on by buying from our store and becoming paid members. We appreciate it more than you know.

Yet even on top of all this existing goodwill to us from our users, there have been several shouts from the community to create a Whiskey Media tip jar, of sorts. So here you have it! If you give or not, we appreciate ya. If nothing else, the money will help us hold off the enemy at our gates one more day."

The link for the enemy at our gatesis Gamespot LOL, gess the tip jar failled.

Well the link to "the enemy at our gates" is the rivalvideogamewebiste joke that they had going for a while. Since the move they redirected it to Gamespot as a joke. So no, the tip jar was not meant to keep them away from Gamespot or whatever you were implying.

#61 Posted by Zleunamme (666 posts) -

Keep pestering them about another Endurance Run, they just stop doing it. Endurance run is not a premium feature. I think they only reason they did the last one so people would stop bellyaching for one. They have only been at their new office for two months. Vinny was on leave for his kid. Drew went on vacation and they are working on the site redesign since the move. The E3 bombcasts weren't enough? That was fifteen hours in one week. They have to deal with CBS bureaucracy on getting the equipment they need. That CBS money is not coming in as fast as people thought it would.

I'm surprised that GB hasn't been trying to hawk more premium subscription since the move. There was a time around late last year where they were pushing the premium stuff hard. My subscriptions doesn't run out until November, I willing to cut them slack. If things remains the same as it is right now until then. I stick with the site but not renew to a premium subscription.

#62 Posted by csl316 (8696 posts) -

It's been disappointing but hopefully temporary. Granted, all year they've been saying they're busy and doesn't seem like it's slowing down. Though it was all legitimate because Drew was in North Korea, Vinny was on leave, there was a move, there's E3, etc.

If they can't handle it themselves, maybe it's time for another new member.

#63 Posted by Hugh_Jazz (353 posts) -

If I remember correctly, most of the Friday premium content we used to see was with Vinny and Dave. Vinny is now a parent, which I will assume is all manner of messed up with regards to his workload. Dave is hard at work on the re-engineering of the site's CMS and wiki and all that, which is also of an interest to CBSi as a whole, as I seem to remember him saying something about using that back-end stuff for more than just Giantbomb. At least those fellas don't have the time, I'd say.

GB still does great content, and I don't mind paying a bit every month if it means I get to support their future endeavours.

#64 Posted by Trilogy (2655 posts) -

Well, they have all of their equipment and there isn't shit coming out anytime soon as far as major releases. There isn't any excuse now to hit on the premium content gas pedal.

#65 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

they've had fuck all equipment man....and no space to do anything in either, they were doing QL's in what looked like a linen closet......

#66 Posted by Daiphyer (1337 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

A bit, yeah. My sub expires in December and if things don't pick up before then I'm not too sure I'm going to renew it.

Speaking of which, how do you turn off monthly auto-renewal? I am kind of in a middle of a move and I need to turn off all subscriptions.

#67 Posted by Foxtrot0245 (319 posts) -

I'd settle for any halfway decent piece of content without Patrick all up in it.

Anyway, I agree with you. If I hadn't canceled my subscription after the CBS announcement (really just my super late, final straw reaction to Patrick's never-ending crusade to ruin things I love), I would definitely be doing it soon if things don't pick up.

#68 Edited by M_Shini (551 posts) -

Where's all that flight club contents! I have no idea if anyone is away and obviously e3 stopped any content they could have been doing, but since they got TNT up seem's they're all set up again?

i don;t know its probably not as simple as i'm thinking it to be.

#69 Posted by Bubbly (254 posts) -
#70 Posted by DeF (4894 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

@Death_Burnout said:

All I want to know is where is my Breaking Brad Doom II part 2? I'm effectively asking for self harm here.

Indeed. The natives are restless. They demand a sacrifice!

That's a pretty great way to put it, actually :D

#71 Posted by Akeldama (4248 posts) -

@ShaggE: SHRIIIIIM

#72 Posted by Excast (936 posts) -

It has been kind of a hectic few months and the content has been a roller coaster ride.  You have the highs of 12 hours of E3 podcasts and several hours more of quality video coupled with the low periods when there might only be a few Quick Looks a week and a review every one or two weeks.

It did seem weird that Giantbomb was purchased by CBS in March, yet was still struggling mightily with equipment more than 2 months later.  I can understand that transitions are difficult, but you would think that at least getting back to the equipment level they had at Whiskey Media wouldn't have taken quite so long.  I was encouraged by the new TNT set and hope that we might start seeing bigger and better content now that they seem to be settling in.

#73 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Well it sure sucks that I have to watch an ad before a video now, even with ad block.

#74 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

@Foxtrot0245 said:

I'd settle for any halfway decent piece of content without Patrick all up in it. Anyway, I agree with you. If I hadn't canceled my subscription after the CBS announcement (really just my super late, final straw reaction to Patrick's never-ending crusade to ruin things I love), I would definitely be doing it soon if things don't pick up.

Patrick hate is still a thing, I see.

#75 Edited by Monkeyman04 (1139 posts) -

Shit takes time. Just look at Tested, they are finally moving into a new office. So I'm going to wait a little bit longer until I bitch and moan about what GB is doing.

#76 Posted by i8246i (119 posts) -
@ThePickle

@iAmJohn said:

@ThePickle said:

Yes it is. Stop your whining and grow up.

Real life problems, moving companies, moving into new offices, sickness, new baby, e3 coverage....

So sorry these guys aren't pandering to your specific demands...

Assholes
#77 Posted by ThePickle (4184 posts) -

@i8246i said:

@ThePickle

@iAmJohn said:

@ThePickle said:

Yes it is. Stop your whining and grow up. Real life problems, moving companies, moving into new offices, sickness, new baby, e3 coverage.... So sorry these guys aren't pandering to your specific demands... Assholes

Thanks for being so mature about your response. As always, the Giant Bomb Defense Force keeps it classy.

#78 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

@Foxtrot0245 said:

I'd settle for any halfway decent piece of content without Patrick all up in it.

I Agree.

#79 Posted by i8246i (119 posts) -
@ThePickle

@i8246i said:

@ThePickle

@iAmJohn said:

@ThePickle said:

Yes it is. Stop your whining and grow up. Real life problems, moving companies, moving into new offices, sickness, new baby, e3 coverage.... So sorry these guys aren't pandering to your specific demands... Assholes

Thanks for being so mature about your response. As always, the Giant Bomb Defense Force keeps it classy.

You're welcome!
#80 Posted by Carryboy (681 posts) -

@i8246i: I think you need to respect other peoples opinions especially on services they have paid money for before you disregard there opinion because it clashes with your own. This thread isn't a personal attack against the crew but instead voicing concern and therefore i don't think you should be calling any one assholes.

Also in response to your comments real life problems while understandable isn't a legitimate excuse for such a long time in my opinion. I'm sure the premium content will pick up around September time or whenever it is and the majority of yearly subscribers are up for renewal.

#81 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@i8246i said:

@ThePickle

@iAmJohn said:

@ThePickle said:

I read this while imagining you with a cartoon scowl on your face!

#82 Posted by i8246i (119 posts) -
@Carryboy And I think until you try to manage a multimedia-heavy website while also juggling family life, company acquisitions, giant gaming conferences, and illness...

You really have no right to complain about not getting exactly what you want, when you want it!

You're all assholes, and the community would be better off without you.
#83 Posted by Carryboy (681 posts) -

@i8246i: I cant figure out if your a troll or if you are a potential leader for the Giant bomb defence force, i think you pretty much lost the argument when you said you have no right to complain.

I assume you dont work because if you did you would know that for the most part it doesn't matter what personal issues you are going under you are still expected to work i couldnt take 2 months of work because of family issues. Company acquisition was there choice and if they are unable to produce the content they want to after 3 months then it may have been an incorrect decision. Finally giant gaming conferences, yeh your right how would a gaming website possibly prepare for such an event.

#84 Posted by Bobstar (312 posts) -

@Barrock said:

I just miss Vinny. :(

This so much.

#85 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

Holy shit, i8246i is kind of a douche.

#86 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

What do you expect? You're paying for things on the internet. You're doing it wrong in the first place, glad you're disappointed.

#87 Posted by vikingdeath1 (972 posts) -

I satiate myself by watching old ER's and old quicklook's and all that great Whiskey Media content, But I think i'm getting to a point where I've re-watched everything like 4 or 5 times......... They're about to fight Lavos you guys, and that Wipeout QL is Hilarious.

Re-live some memories!

#88 Posted by Rekt_Hed (848 posts) -

@Death_Burnout said:

All I want to know is where is my Breaking Brad Doom II part 2? I'm effectively asking for self harm here.

YES!

#89 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Do the people on this site not fucking pay any attention? They JUST premiered a semi-proper studio, and they just got back from E3, and they just moved to a new office. Takes a while to get back on track. If you want new content, check out that E3 coverage, especially the crazy amount of podcast video.

#90 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

Also, if my subscription auto renews yet AGAIN, especially now that my personal information is property of Gamespot and CBS Interactive, I am refusing to sell the staff anymore cocaine.

@MordeaniisChaos: Maybe you misunderstood, we're talking primo content here

#91 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

E3 and moving.

It will pick up again.

#92 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Getting a premium account here is 100% pointless.

• Ad-Block - No adds
  • YouTube HTML5 on Chrome gives me ALL Giant Bomb videos in HD AND in HTML5 for Free

So all my reasons for having a premium account is pointless.

I don't wear shirts without collars and I'm in military uniform most the time anyway so civilian clothes like that are pointless.

#93 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

This whole site has been slow and shit since they went back to gamespot. I think they dont try hard anymore cause they have a stable pay check.

#94 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

@i8246i said:

@Carryboy And I think until you try to manage a multimedia-heavy website while also juggling family life, company acquisitions, giant gaming conferences, and illness... You really have no right to complain about not getting exactly what you want, when you want it! You're all assholes, and the community would be better off without you.

Thats not really a valid Excuse, If they need to get things straight then they need to stop charging me every month. And then let me know when their back on track. Until they stop charging, I am presuming they are going to provide me with content. Like I am promised. I am not providing charity. I am trying to provide an equal exchange. Money for Content.

#95 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

How do you unsubscribe anyway?

#96 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@DJJoeJoe said:

I don't expect anything for my money, because in fact I treat it as what it really is. A Donation.

The guys at Giantbomb have and always will create content that's to my liking whether they do it out of a shoe box or if they put a premium sticker on it, it's what they love doing so really I'd get it in soe form somehow eitherway. I choose to give them money to help them be more secure in what they do and maybe that can allow them to produce more of it, but really I feel more like I'm paying for the stuff they have always produced all along.

I think you need to have this sort of attitude because so much of their content is made 'on a whim' and to expect something for your dollar amount is to expect them to be a factory that manufactures content... if you actually sit down and look at the type of shit these guys make you wouldn't go around expectly them to plan out and create it on a per week basis. All you can expect is that they are prolly going to wanna do something all the time and it will be on the site whenever they do it.

A donation so they can play video games for a living? Well aren't you kind, I actually expect content from my "donation"/

#97 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@George_Hukas said:

Also, if my subscription auto renews yet AGAIN, especially now that my personal information is property of Gamespot and CBS Interactive, I am refusing to sell the staff anymore cocaine.

@MordeaniisChaos: Maybe you misunderstood, we're talking primo content here

Most of which required more than just a 360 and a capture kit, like Dave and Vinny not being busy/away, a PC, etc. Just be patient and let them get their shit together. You try going to E3 and putting out that kind of content in the same week.

#98 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I let my subscription run out, will sign up again when they actually put something out for premium members, which hasn't happened in like a month now.

#99 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

@DJJoeJoe said:

The guys at Giantbomb have and always will create content that's to my liking whether they do it out of a shoe box or if they put a premium sticker on it, it's what they love doing so really I'd get it in soe form somehow eitherway. I choose to give them money to help them be more secure in what they do and maybe that can allow them to produce more of it, but really I feel more like I'm paying for the stuff they have always produced all along.

I think you need to have this sort of attitude because so much of their content is made 'on a whim' and to expect something for your dollar amount is to expect them to be a factory that manufactures content... if you actually sit down and look at the type of shit these guys make you wouldn't go around expectly them to plan out and create it on a per week basis. All you can expect is that they are prolly going to wanna do something all the time and it will be on the site whenever they do it.

This used to be my reason as well, donate because I liked their stuff, but now that they are picked up by CBS it's not like they are barely scraping by anymore.

I am sure as shit not going to "donate" money to CBS of all companies.

#100 Posted by DrSnaqrite (37 posts) -

@Simplexity: They put up two premium videos end of last month, immediately after which was E3. How ridiculous of them to take a week off of doing premium content (while still doing a TNT and four quick looks, along with news stories and the usual podcast) after they spent an extremely busy week at E3!

Personally I don't even subscribe for premium content, I subscribe because I like the way these guys run a website and I want to support them. Same reason I buy albums from cool local bands or regularly tip people at the coffee shop in my work: I want to be generous and support people who do good work. But, ultimately, if you don't feel you're getting enough content, then just unsubscribe and don't give them any money.