• 166 results
#151 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1289 posts) -

I am more than happy to simply give these guys my money for nothing in return...just keep any content coming free or otherwise

#152 Posted by rolanthas (242 posts) -

For a returning subber, yeah it seems premium content just ceased to be. TNT is not really premium since they're archived in Twitch.tv for everyone to see ( not complaining, wish more of my friends knew about this before they subbed tho ). If you're just subbing to support the folks, cool, more power to you, but don't fault peeps who wanna get more Random PC Game, Breaking Brad etc.

As a 1st time subber, I just scroll through the old premium videos. So all is cool on my selfish end.

#153 Posted by BonOrbitz (2184 posts) -

After all these months it still hurts to not get a Whiskey Media Happy Hour. I know I need to move on, but I loved watching those at breakfast every Saturday morning.

#154 Posted by wjb (1657 posts) -

I can vaguely understand disliking Patrick as a personality, but it certainly isn't his fault for being a team player and doing his job. It's a career, and the more active you are and the more you're willing to show you'll go the extra mile, the better position you'll be in, especially if you eventually go somewhere else. It's his livelihood; he's doing it for himself.

And I don't think he's preventing people from being on Quick Looks or the Bombcast. For Quick Looks, he either volunteers or is probably asked by whomever is playing the game. I look back these past couple of months, and we probably wouldn't have gotten any coverage (albeit small) of Xenoblade Chronicles, The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition, Dragon's Dogma, Yakuza: Dead Souls or Silent Hill: Downpour (to name a few) if it weren't for him. And although I'm not super into indie games, he helps scratch that itch for people that do.

I don't think it's an issue of him being everywhere, but the other editors are not stepping up as much in comparison. As much as I love Brad, I sometimes get annoyed with how tired and unmotivated he always is during every Bombcast.

#155 Edited by AndrewB (7591 posts) -

Guys, I'm a simple person with simple needs. I just need MORE RANDOM PC GAMES!

I've been idling on this 500GB hard drive filled with Giant Bomb video content for months. I can only watch Phantasmagoria so many times...

I'm whelmed. Not overly so, closer to under, but certainly whelmed in some manner.

#156 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1004 posts) -

Yeah, the lack of premium stuff and lack of Vinny has really put me in a sad mood to support them. 

#157 Posted by Grimmy616 (400 posts) -

SEE WHAT YOU DID? Breaking Brad on Friday. Madness.

#158 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

Finally more Doom II. And a mystery TNT that needs some phone calls to happen. Giant Bomb is back on track!

#159 Edited by Flip175 (47 posts) -

Especially bad timing on my part; I became a premium member last month for the first time. It's been awesome catching up on all the content I had missed out on in the past, but yeah things seemed decidedly barren in the past while, which is a bummer. As for the earlier arguments, I'm in the camp that expects content for my subscription. It's not about entitlement or pandering - you're customers paying for a service. If it was about donations I would have taken to the tip jar in the store.

That being said, I really think they should consider adopting a formal schedule for premium content. They have a number of defined 'shows' or segments as it stands now (Random PC Game, Radio Dave, TNT, Load our Last Save, Breaking Brad, etc.) it would be cool if they could commit to rotating one of these at a time into the weekly or bi-weekly mix along with their regular content and other random, more spontaneous features (Let's play Day-Z, etc.).

Just my two cents. I'm not necessarily hurting at $5 a month, and it's good to see a step in the right direction with the return of Breaking Bad.

#160 Posted by AssInAss (2621 posts) -

@Flip175 said:

Especially bad timing on my part; I became a premium member last month for the first time. It's been awesome catching up on all the content I had missed out on in the past, but yeah things seemed decidedly barren in the past while, which is a bummer. As for the earlier arguments, I'm in the camp that expects content for my subscription. It's not about entitlement or pandering - you're customers paying for a service. If it was about donations I would have taken to the tip jar in the store.

That being said, I really think they should consider adopting a formal schedule for premium content. They have a number of defined 'shows' or segments as it stands now (Random PC Game, Radio Dave, TNT, Load our Last Save, Breaking Brad, etc.) it would be cool if they could commit to rotating one of these at a time into the weekly or bi-weekly mix along with their regular content and other random, more spontaneous features (Let's play Day-Z, etc.).

Just my two cents. I'm not necessarily hurting at $5 a month, and it's good to see a step in the right direction with the return of Breaking Bad.

I agree with this. Hopefully now that E3 is over and they have all the equipment, we can get back to a regular schedule.

#161 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Good to see another Breaking Brad. They should go back to mile high club achivement but have a race between Jeff and Brad.

#162 Posted by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -

I'm chalking it up to a buyout/move right before the two-headed dragon of PAX and E3.

#163 Posted by StealthRaptor (527 posts) -

I would rather the content I pay for be available to everyone.

#164 Posted by Death_Burnout (3796 posts) -

@DeF said:

@BlackLagoon said:

@Death_Burnout said:

All I want to know is where is my Breaking Brad Doom II part 2? I'm effectively asking for self harm here.

Indeed. The natives are restless. They demand a sacrifice!

That's a pretty great way to put it, actually :D

Not long after, our prayers have been answered!

#165 Posted by Tesla (1919 posts) -

The problem is, if there is too much good premium content, the complaints pour in from non-paying members. It is a fine line they have to walk, one that is especially difficult when your company is going through a transitional period leading up to E3. Not to mention the fact that there just hasn't been much of anything released lately.

Of course I have other avenues of entertainment besides Giant Bomb, so when it's a little dry here I just do something else.

#166 Posted by DeF (4863 posts) -

@Death_Burnout said:

@DeF said:

@BlackLagoon said:

@Death_Burnout said:

All I want to know is where is my Breaking Brad Doom II part 2? I'm effectively asking for self harm here.

Indeed. The natives are restless. They demand a sacrifice!

That's a pretty great way to put it, actually :D

Not long after, our prayers have been answered!

Haha yea, I thought of your comment and laughed when I read that in the upcoming box :D

Either they really listen OR it's super-duper coinkindink :D