• 85 results
#1 Posted by Excast (1040 posts) -

So it looks like we are in for some new Premium Content with Unprofessional Fridays: Chicago Edition. What are you hoping to see out of this show? Maximus Temkin? Dave Lang drunk in the early afternoon? Patrick donning his social justice warrior badge?

Maybe even some games?

#2 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1649 posts) -

(Fear internally)

#3 Edited by Scratch (628 posts) -

If it's indeed Chicago edition, I think it'll be streamed out of the CAH office with Max Temkin and other GB colleagues. Maybe a showcase of indie games/developers? It's scheduled to start 4hrs before the usual UPF, so I presume we'll still have that after Chicago is done?

EDIT: Or maybe it's a joint UPF, with Chicago guests.

#4 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

@scratch:

Could take place in Iron Galaxy's studio thing. Patrick did say recently that he and Dave Lang were talking about doing something, I believe. Seems like we now know what.

#5 Posted by Excast (1040 posts) -

@scratch said:

If it's indeed Chicago edition, I think it'll be streamed out of the CAH office with Max Temkin and other GB colleagues. Maybe a showcase of indie games/developers? It's scheduled to start 4hrs before the usual UPF, so I presume we'll still have that after Chicago is done?

EDIT: Or maybe it's a joint UPF, with Chicago guests.

Yeah, Patrick said it is it's own thing and is not replacing the normal show.

#6 Posted by chilibean_3 (1694 posts) -

Dave Lang is pretty great.

#7 Edited by hsghsghsg (27 posts) -

This is exciting!

#8 Posted by csl316 (9443 posts) -

I assume it'll involve Iron Galaxy's high tech studio being used in the stupidest ways.

#9 Edited by Bobbyr (80 posts) -

Too bad I'll miss it live but that's the great thing about archives

#10 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2337 posts) -

More deep looks into the dark cavernous soul of Dave Lang

#11 Posted by James_Hayward (480 posts) -

great idea!

#12 Posted by weegieanawrench (1943 posts) -

This is the year Giant Bomb goes global you guys. I can't wait to see what nonsense they get up to in the Lang Zone.

#13 Edited by code3xbl (33 posts) -

Can't wait for this!

But.....it's time to treat UPF as a real CBS show and add spinoffs.Unprofessional Fridays: New York

A whole day of unprofessionalism through the time zones.

#14 Edited by iragequit (334 posts) -

I'm just pleased to see Patrick back in some form of UPF. It's been a bummer since Alex moved, Patrick moved, and Ryan passed. Plus, Dave Lang will probably appear in some form (hopefully his drunken form).

Go wild, Patrick, we got yo back son.

#15 Posted by BeachThunder (12412 posts) -

I'm sure it will be like that Spelunky show.

#16 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11395 posts) -

Dave Lang better be involved.

#17 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1649 posts) -

Max Tempkin is a looker.

#18 Posted by forteexe21 (492 posts) -

So tempted to get premium just for the sheer stupidity.

#19 Posted by flasaltine (1703 posts) -

What happened to regular UPF?

#20 Posted by Capum15 (4996 posts) -

Didn't realize it was a different UPF on the coming up section. Might have missed it if not for this thread. Whelp, got something else to look forward to tomorrow now.

#21 Posted by Zelyre (1275 posts) -

A hot dog eating competition. Followed up by italian beef eating competition. Followed by italian sausages. With nothing but Portillo's chocolate cake shakes to wash down that food.

#22 Edited by teaoverlord (297 posts) -

What happened to regular UPF?

It's still on, it just got pushed out of the "coming soon" box by the earlier show.

#23 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

how exactly can they do something unprofessional in Chicago if chitown hasn't ever been professional in the first place?

#24 Edited by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

Oh wow, if there's to be a weekly show featuring Dave Lang on here, I may resubscribe. Well, weekly does seem like that'd be asking too much given I'm sure Lang's incredibly busy a lot of the time... but still, the potential for more Lang has me excited.

#25 Edited by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -

Not entirely sure how I feel about this if a) it becomes a weekly feature and b) features game developers as regulars on the show. As long as they (game developers) a) don't try to pimp the shit they are working on constantly and b) giant bomb doesn't review their shit, then I guess its cool. It's definitely weird seeing opposite sides of the equation working together on content I pay for.

#26 Posted by DiamondDog (63 posts) -

Great, more Patrick content.... because that's what we needed. No offense to the guy, but I feel like for better or worse, he's the main contributor to the site these days. I'd really prefer to see more stuff coming out of the SF office but that's just me.

#27 Posted by MEATBALL (3477 posts) -

More premium content to not watch. Huh.

Maybe Dave Lang will make it awesome, but I don't have much interest in watching Patrick and whatever people he brings in.

#28 Edited by rmanthorp (4055 posts) -

Team GFB reporting in.

#29 Posted by Sykdom (71 posts) -

Hopefully we get to see that bat tech

#30 Posted by Jesus_Phish (1152 posts) -

@weegieanawrench: I always though of the Lang Zone of being in another dimension, not just another part of this world.

@excast: It's a sash sir. Not a badge. A sash. Like the hall monitors and prom queens get.

#31 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3504 posts) -

Cool, this is exciting.

#32 Posted by isomeri (1415 posts) -

So is this cancelled, or?

#33 Posted by Ben_H (3431 posts) -

It is odd that chat isn't up or anything.

#34 Posted by thekitkatshuffler (66 posts) -

@meatball said:

More premium content to not watch. Huh.

Maybe Dave Lang will make it awesome, but I don't have much interest in watching Patrick and whatever people he brings in.

Thrilling.

#35 Posted by hustlerlt (335 posts) -

So what's the deal? I got all excited for nothing?

#36 Posted by iragequit (334 posts) -

@isomeri: I think the 11:30 pacific start time was a mistake. I would have assumed the two UPF shows would be back to back. We'll find out soon enough.

#37 Edited by Ben_H (3431 posts) -

April Fools!!!!!

Hopefully it just technical difficulties.

#38 Posted by BlackLagoon (1460 posts) -

Unprofessional Fridays: Chicago is of to a great start so far.

#39 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5991 posts) -

@excast said:

What are you hoping to see out of this show?

Absolute chaos.

#40 Posted by Damodar (1501 posts) -

WELL IT'S SEVEN MINUTES LATE. HOW UNPROFE... hm...

#41 Posted by Icemo (659 posts) -

Well it would be pretty professional if they decided to do the show, so...

#42 Posted by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -

Its gone from the coming up section

#43 Posted by Rolkien (107 posts) -

:(

#44 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11395 posts) -

I tried asking Patrick on Twitter, but he hasn't replied yet.

UPDATE: He said on Twitter that they're starting late.

#45 Posted by MajorZiggy (47 posts) -

@narujoe93: I think they get automatically removed when they're supposed to go live.

#46 Posted by KindOfBlue (42 posts) -

As a European person I like this because it's only 9.30 PM... Now only if it would start...

#47 Posted by Scratch (628 posts) -

@narujoe93: That happens automatically when we're past the event time.

#48 Edited by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

Its gone from the coming up section

When the designated time comes and goes stuff gets dropped from the coming up section, so that doesn't really mean anything other than they're late and didn't update the time.

#49 Posted by isomeri (1415 posts) -

It's been ages, but I decided to fire up the Bombshelter while we wait for news.

#50 Posted by Hassun (1832 posts) -

Patrick tweeted they are starting late.