Unprofessional Fridays: Chicago

• 85 results
Scratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Delay would be much more acceptable if we had the chat open or even some update on whether this is happening at all.

IndeedBeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By IndeedBeni

Welp, at least it's coming.

Rolkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Rolkien

@hassun said:

Patrick tweeted they are starting late.

oh thank god i thought it was cancelled

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By RonGalaxy

Giant Bomb being Giant Bomb. I repeat. Giant Bomb Being Giant Bomb. Expect a 15-30 minute delay followed by Dave Lang yelling into a camera for an hour and a half about being a CEO and how he's on top of his game and how fuck the internet and how dive kick isn't a flash game.

I wouldn't have it any other way

Scratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Open up chat, so I can do something other than just refresh that page over and over again?

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just sitting here playing magical diary waiting for chicago to get unprofessional. what am i doing with my life.

Avatar image for thekitkatshuffler
thekitkatshuffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scratch said:

Open up chat, so I can do something other than just refresh that page over and over again?

Yep, coz getting the chat working is Giant Bomb's strong suit.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

How bad is it that this song is the first thing that popped into my head when 2:30 was past and the chat hadn't even started?

Loading Video...

Avatar image for the_dude_abides
The_Dude_Abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Is the guy with the beard a prop?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo much content! Please invite Phil Fish and Zoe Quinn on so I can listen to them talk about VR more. That was amazing!

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By alwaysbebombing

I'm all aboard the Max train.

#MAXMAX

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That was a proper trainwreck.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By thatdutchguy

CHI CITY ! Fuck you Max, cats are awesome/

Rolkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAN THAT SHOW WAS LIVE.

(using Dave Lang's vocabulary)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#65  Edited By Humanity

No offense to Rorie, but dogs are the worst. The only worse thing than dogs, are clueless dog owners that don't realize not everyone likes random animals running up to them, barking and jumping up and down - believe it or not, some people that might not be familiar with the animal might find that disconcerting.

Cat's on the other hand, cats are pretty chill. They just sit there and mind their own business.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Haven't seen the show yet, but if Max seriously thinks that dogs are better than cats then he can go fuck right of! Cats mind their own business, and I can respect that, and I have met way too many dogs that starts jumping up on strangers or starts barking like crazy. I guess the real issue is the dog owners who can't control their dogs.

Cats will always be the better animal. Always.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ottoman673

Did that shit literally just kinda blow up when they were going to play Samurai Gunn or did I see an incomplete "archive" in the GS player that was on the front page an hour or so ago?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Show was alright. The best thing to happen was whoever it was that messed up and removed the banner and the audio at the same time. Unlike the real UPF there wasn't much banter between the guys outside of whatever smack talk they were shouting during games.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick needs some compressors for this and his own shows ASAP.

Everytime someone yells it destroys my ears, good lord.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

How professional was this stream?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

How professional was this stream?

Extremely. Unprofessional.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ryleknuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ryleknuckles

Can we expect a video tonight? I missed it!

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#74  Edited By Seikenfreak

Need video.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Did this air? When is the archive going up?

tommytoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themasterds:

It was aired but cut short, seems like they had plenty of problems. Looks like regular UPF is not up aswell, perhaps something is broken.

ckeenan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seen something up a few hours ago, but now it's gone. Hmmm...

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#78  Edited By Trilogy

@humanity:

@castiel said:

Haven't seen the show yet, but if Max seriously thinks that dogs are better than cats then he can go fuck right of! Cats mind their own business, and I can respect that, and I have met way too many dogs that starts jumping up on strangers or starts barking like crazy. I guess the real issue is the dog owners who can't control their dogs.

Cats will always be the better animal. Always.

Disagree. Cats are assholes who really don't give a shit about you. Most of their behavior is attributed to them being jerks, but most people don't realize it and attribute it to cuteness. It's like having a roommate who constantly berates you in another language. I'll always be a dog person. They may not be perfect...but like you said, their imperfections lie within the imperfections of humans. You can't train a cat to not be a jackass. It's always in it's nature. Dog/Cat arguments aside, I actually love all animals. I just have a strong preference towards dogs.

Homelessbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trilogy: I've always thought about it this way: people that like cats more need something to love, people that like dogs more need something to love them.

Also, if you think "cats are assholes," you haven't spent a lot of time around cats. Most of them just like to do things on their own terms, which means if they aren't in the mood to be petted, you're not petting them right then. That doesn't mean they're not affectionate, but they have to want to be affectionate. The experience of living with a cat is much more akin to having another peer in the house that happens to be very small and lack opposable thumbs.

Anyway, to post at least something on topic: Patrick just tweeted about half an hour ago that the upload of UPF: Chicago will be done soon. I imagine the Vanilla UPF is being re-uploaded, since the version that was up earlier this morning had serious audio sync issues, it was ~450ms off.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Trilogy

@homelessbird said:

@trilogy: I've always thought about it this way: people that like cats more need something to love, people that like dogs more need something to love them.

Also, if you think "cats are assholes," you haven't spent a lot of time around cats. Most of them just like to do things on their own terms, which means if they aren't in the mood to be petted, you're not petting them right then. That doesn't mean they're not affectionate, but they have to want to be affectionate. The experience of living with a cat is much more akin to having another peer in the house that happens to be very small and lack opposable thumbs.

Anyway, to post at least something on topic: Patrick just tweeted about half an hour ago that the upload of UPF: Chicago will be done soon. I imagine the Vanilla UPF is being re-uploaded, since the version that was up earlier this morning had serious audio sync issues, it was ~450ms off.

That first line sounds about right.

I've never owned a cat, but I used to volunteer at a small no-kill animal shelter which had about 50 cats. Everything I've read about cat behavior makes them sound like jerks. Now, perhaps the things I've read aren't accurate, but here's an example. When they nudge their head on you, they aren't showing affection. They're rubbing their scent on you to claim you. Every cat I've interact with loves to nudge their head on me while I pet them. I can't help but think about what I've read about them when they do it. It makes it hard for me to love a cat (I still like them though). I've done some pretty heavy research and hands on training with dogs, on the other hand, so I'm definitely more experienced with them.

Dogs require a lot of effort and training. You have to be their leader, or they're going to take over. In the wild, there has to be a pack leader. If there isn't, the pack's chances at survival diminish greatly. So when people complain about dogs jumping on people, it's because they don't have the proper leadership to know not to do it. The problem is that most people do ZERO research before they get a dog. They just expect it to be perfectly behaved with no effort. Domestication isn't a perfect process. They still have wild instincts from their ancestors, but most people won't acknowledge it.

Most dog owners infuriate me, believe it or not.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Dogs are best. This is not up for debate.

Homelessbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trilogy: I can totally understand your point of view. But I think of it this way: that's the way some cats show affection. I mean, you wouldn't want to mark something that you didn't like as yours, would you?

I have two cats myself, and one of them is much like you described, but the other cat runs up to me as soon as I get home, meows piteously until I make a lap available, and then jumps into it and purrs loudly for somewhere between 5-10 minutes. I've met other cats that are similar - I think it's all kind of up to their personality, and their relationship to you and humans in general.

I also agree with you about dogs, and that's one of many reasons I wouldn't want to own one. I would be a TERRIBLE dog owner. Cats are much more autonomous. I certainly pay plenty of extra attention to mine, but they also are fine with doing their own thing for extended periods.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#83  Edited By Tom_omb

What happened to the Unprofessional Fridays archive? It was up last night, but I was waiting to watch the the Chicago show's archive first. Now San Francisco show is nowhere to be found.

And on dogs and cats... pet owners in general are the worst.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By VannaDwight

@tom_omb: Sound was way off, so they must have pulled it down to fix it.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homelessbird: I'll admit I can't resist the siren's call of a purring cat in my lap. It's pretty adorable.