Update won't stick

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Funzzo

My ESET smart security tells me the other day that I need to update windows.  I go to windows update and install  Security update for windows XP x64 (KB973869)  After that I ran the windows updater again to see if there are anymore updates needed.  It tells me to install update KB973869 again.  The same update I just installed. Is this a sign that I might have a virus?  I have tried rebooting after install and nothing works.  I am not having any problems with anything else so it's hard to think I have a virus.

revision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By revision

No I think it is safe to say you don't have a virus. I just started googling the same thing. I have a Windows Server 2003 X64 that this very update refuses to install on. Not only that, but this server is hosting currently 2 VMware virtual servers of Windows Server 2003 x64 and both of them refuse to make the update stick too. I just wanted to sign in and reply to let you know you aren't alone, and it isn't exclusive to XP as I'm having the same on 2003. Has to be something with x64 versions.