#1 Posted by copeland57 (32 posts) -

With the impeding release of Pokemon X and Y I was thinking of upgrading my 3ds to a 3ds XL, but Im not sure whether to keep it and purchase a Vita as I really want to get into the persona series and back into Sony exclusives as I dont have a PS3.

Might seem like a silly question.

Any Advice?

#2 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

Logically I guess Vita is the better option, that opens up a whole new platform of games and you can still play Pokemans on your regular 3DS. There's probably plenty of stuff worth playing on Vita too considering you don't own a PS3. I only own an XL and it's pretty dope, if you're dissatisfied with the original and would be playing more 3DS than vita anyway these next few months I don't think it would be silly to get a XL.

#3 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

If you upgrade, you get a bigger screen.

If you get a vita, you get a new, completely different handheld.

I'd go with the Vita. Also I believe a new version of the Vita is coming out soon, right? Might want to consider that.

#4 Posted by RecSpec (3798 posts) -

If you want one of those special Pokemon XL systems, then I'd say get the XL. If that's not an issue, go with the Vita.

#5 Posted by copeland57 (32 posts) -

Yeah, the Vita at the moment is only £100, the update has a worser screen from what I have heard.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I think Im mainly going to be playing Pokemon in the next coming months and then check out animal crossing and luigi.

But the Vita has games that have interested me for a while. Such a dilemma

#6 Edited by MonetaryDread (2007 posts) -

Get the Vita. The XL has a larger screen and better battery life but it has its drawbacks. I find the XL's screen is less lenient with its 3D viewing angle.

#7 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Weren't people saying that the XL hurt their hands when they played? I don't own either, but if I was in your position I would rather have both systems than two versions of one system.

#8 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

The XL is much nicer than the regular 3DS and there's so many great games on the thing at the moment, I'd say it's absolutely worth upgrading to.

#9 Posted by believer258 (11771 posts) -

Weren't people saying that the XL hurt their hands when they played? I don't own either, but if I was in your position I would rather have both systems than two versions of one system.

Only if you have small hands or the strength of a limp noodle? The original 3DS seems like the corners would dig into your palms. I didn't have that problem with the XL at all.

That said, I'd definitely go for the Vita if you've already got a 3DS. The XL is awesome but you could have two different devices instead of a bigger version of a device that you already have.

#10 Posted by oldenglishC (943 posts) -

That said, I'd definitely go for the Vita if you've already got a 3DS. The XL is awesome but you could have two different devices instead of a bigger version of a device that you already have.

This, including the XL being awesome part. The more choice you have of games to play, the better.

Don't wait for the new Vita, since OLED>LCD.

#11 Posted by Buneroid (428 posts) -

I would go with the Vita. I have a 3ds xl and a Vita and if I had to trade my xl for a regular 3ds just to keep both I would. The Vita is more awesome than I thought it would be when I bought it.