Vagrant Story - What size is the download?

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Bombs_Away

Anyone know what size Vagrant Story is off the Playstation Store? It doesn't say it and I've only got limited space.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

Not sure on the size, but did this come out today?

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bombs_Away

It came out a few weeks ago, never got to play it and thought I'd give it a go. This is the UK store mind, don't know about US.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

Hmmm, I highly recommend it. It 's been a number of years, but I had fond memories of this game.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bombs_Away
@MiamiRedHawks: I've never really got into RPG's, but I'm determined to like them. The only one I've enjoyed is Chrono Trigger, is Vagrant Story ideal for someone who isn't experienced or difficult?
MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MiamiRedHawks
@Bombs_Away: Vagrant Story isn't really a traditional Japanese RPG. You explore dungeons with the main character, kind of like Zelda.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

I don't know, I just bought the PS1 version

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bombs_Away

Anyone interested I just read on a forum on gamesfaq.com that its 93MB. Seems way too small in my opinion...

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r
@Bombs_Away said:

" Anyone interested I just read on a forum on gamesfaq.com that its 93MB. Seems way too small in my opinion... "

It only has 1 CG sequence, and no audible dialogues so that makes sense.

My PSP says it's 92MB. It's a great, unique game. An intriguing mature setting, a deep combat system (kind of like a melee and magic take on the Parasite Eve system for those who have played that, though it has some less than great sides), and really awesome atmosphere and story. Gameplay gets annoying in some ways, it's got way too many block puzzles later on for example, but it's still great overall.

It doesn't look bad on PSP. I had it on PS1 and it was hugely impressive with its cut scenes and detailed visuals, sort of like Metal Gear Fantasy in some ways (no it's not a stealth game, more of a dungeon crawler, but unique), but I figured the long gone nostalgia would make me hate the visuals. Not so. It wasn't jarring at all to play it after enjoying the Peace Walker demo. The art style still shines through making it look beautiful. I wish they'd make a sequel with a little less closed off dungeon crawling feel, and perhaps a party based system, or if not that then a fully action based system similar to Monster Hunter (but keeping the chain specials and spells) considering most of the awesome bosses were dragons and wuverns. It would be great, as long as it had the same concept artist and writer (same artist, and possibly writer as Final Fantasy Tactics)...
Enokei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Enokei

vagrant story is so good you should make space for it 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

This might convince you... Skip to 1:25 after the first bit ends, he's waiting for the idle video to show up at that point.

kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By kenjisalk

One of the most underrated and well-made/sophisticated RPGs out there, and if you like pretty darn challenging/complex RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics then you owe it to yourself to check it out. 

Warning, it's very medieval, almost Shakespearian, dark/serious, and is very non-traditional.   I've heard people call it Silent Hill the Tactical RPG, and I don't think that's very far off in terms of the sophistication of the plot. 

I am counting the days until we finally get a release date for the North American PSN release of it. T_T *sob*

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Slippy

It's pretty small, already mentioned in this thread to be under 100mb. I ripped an ISO image of my PS1 disc, to stick on my custom firmware PSP, and it was only about 177mb iirc. Obviously the Store version has some overzealous compression behind the scenes (how typical..), so I don't know what the performance is like. The game is great, some amazing artwork used. I think the small size, even when left uncompressed, could be explained by little unique dialogue and a lot of re-used assets.