#1 Posted by andandroos (4 posts) -

#2 Posted by Maginnovision (484 posts) -

Half life 1 is still my favorite valve game. 2 was great, and so were the portal games though.

#3 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

im gonna say half-life 2. i still havent played episode 2. but wouldnt half-life 2 and all its episodes count as one game?

#4 Posted by ElixirBronze (417 posts) -

Portal 2? Nah son, don't be crazy.

Day of Defeat clearly takes it.

#5 Posted by Maginnovision (484 posts) -

@Clonedzero: I would say the quality differential, non free nature, and release date differences would make them different choices

#6 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

I would say Portal with Half-Life 2 coming in at a close second.

I bought Portal without knowing almost anything about the game and was just blown away by it. While Portal 2 might be a better game, the impact the first one had on me was amazing.

#7 Posted by CJduke (782 posts) -

Half life 2 episode 2, for sure. Best mix of story and gameplay they have done

#8 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Best game? Half Life 2. Personal favourite? L4D 1 & 2.

#9 Posted by theveej (812 posts) -

I take the Half life 2 games as a whole, so its pretty easy decision. Personally I think playing Portal 2 is one of the greatest experiences I have ever had and is probably the first game I will recommend anyone who talks shit about video games, but find it hard to qualify it as one of the greatest games ever (I found both protal games incredibly easy). I think Half Life 2 is a way better game. Half life 1 is very close to Half life 2, but I think the face animation and story of the second + gameplay and the cool stuff you do in Episode 2 makes it better than the original.

Also Dota 2 is fantastic, its like Dota but with modern UI and Valve's charm (the little humor with the character speeches and animations are fantastic)

#10 Posted by Kidavenger (3509 posts) -

Steamsale

#11 Posted by Kompile (2 posts) -

Where's Ricochet?

#12 Posted by Psycosis (389 posts) -

Ricochet

#13 Posted by AndrewB (7490 posts) -

Episode 2, no question. I'm not saying that Half-Life didn't have a deeper impact on me because it had a seemingly astounding scope for its time, and Half-Life 2 was an equally amazing step forward, but Episode 2 is a culmination of the evolving game design philosophy at Valve. It's a showcase for what they've learned, and an example of their best work.

#14 Posted by gaminghooligan (1407 posts) -

had to go with portal here. it was just so odd and original when it came around, and had such a strong impact

#15 Posted by Brodehouse (9585 posts) -

Where the fuck is Ricochet?

#16 Posted by EricFine (19 posts) -

I hit TF2 when I meant Potal 2. I love me some Half Life but Portal 2 had some of the best story telling ever in a video game. it blew me away.

#17 Posted by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

Team Fortress 2 followed by L4D 1/2 as a close second.

#18 Edited by NTM (7264 posts) -

I choose the Orange Box, then Portal 2, then Half-Life.

#19 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Depends, most popular? Counter Strike/Team Fortress 2. Most highly praised, Half Life/Half Life 2. Revolutionary, Half Life. Take your pick, they've made their share of amazing video games.

#20 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

im probably alone in thinking TF2 isn't that great. like its not a bad game, it just feels dumb. ya know? i've loved everything else valve has done. i could never play a match or two of TF2 before thinking "meh, this is dumb, im going to do something else". i just find people who play it for hours and obsess over the hats and stuff to be crazyyy

#21 Posted by Flacracker (1596 posts) -

You cant put all the Half Life Episodes as separate choices.

#22 Posted by Spoonman671 (4556 posts) -

@Flacracker said:

You cant put all the Half Life Episodes as separate choices.

I think he totally did.