#1 Posted by jrob8604 (17 posts) -

I was just browsing around on some sites and just stumbled upon this article that talks about gabe and Riccochet 2, possibly codename for half-life 3. heres an excerpt

"In terms of Ricochet 2, we always have this problem that when we talk about things too far in advance," Newell said. "We end up changing our minds as we're going through and developing stuff, so as we're thinking through the giant story arc which is Ricochet 2, you might get to a point where you're saying something is surprising us in a positive way and something is surprising us in a negative way, and, you know, we'd like to be super transparent about the future of Ricochet 2."

You can read the rest of the article here. http://www.gamespot.com/news/half-life-3-wait-explained-6372687?tag=Topslot;Today039sGamingNews;Halflife3WaitExplaine

#2 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4247 posts) -

Ricochet 2 confirmed. Video games are back.

#3 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I don't get the reasoning behind how it is a code name :/

#4 Posted by DonutFever (3548 posts) -
@Still_I_Cry said:

Internet logic.
#5 Edited by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@DonutFever said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

Internet logic.

The article basically said, "Hey this is a codename for Half Life 3 because it is." Really frustrating.

The article itself sounded slightly..off too for some reason. The writing I mean, not the content, though the content is fairly vaporous.

#6 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@DonutFever said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

Internet logic.

It's the greatest of all logics!

#7 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

If Ricochet 2 is just a codename for Half-Life 3 then boo on you Gabe Newell!  
Also, I'm sorry I booed you, please don't stab me. 
Then again, I could probably outrun you, so boo on you, again! .. Unles we're going down a hill, then I am sorry, again.  Please don't pull a Katamari Damacy move on me, Gabe :(

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
#9 Posted by JasonR86 (9581 posts) -

I can't wait till this fucking game comes out.

#10 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Delayed because of story arc?

Half-Life 3: Gordan Freeman defeats combine using newly acquired portal gun! The story writes itself, so it obviously can't be about HL-3.

#11 Posted by BoG (5180 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

Ricochet 2 confirmed. Video games are back.

It's been more than a decade, but we can all enjoy our hobby once more.

#12 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Fuck Half Life 3, Ricochet 2 you say?

FUCK. YES!

#13 Edited by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 (558 posts) -

A little context: The interviewer was clearly referencing HL3 but was jokingly referring to it as Ricochet 2 and Gaben ran with it. Sorry to crush anyone's hopes and dreams. I would recommend listening to the whole interview this was taken from, as it's pretty damn informative and entertaining. There's quite a bit of insight into how Valve operates and there's Gabe's amusing attempts to not shit all over Origin.