Video Game Music

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ch3burashka

I'm starting a suggestion thread. What video game music do you enjoy? What do you think everyone should have or should be listening to?  I'm look for old soundtracks (Mega Man 2, Ocarina of Time) and new renditions (Video Games Live, Hyrule Symphony). I've become sort of a junkie recently.

Personally, enjoy the above mentioned enough to listen to them on a regular basis. However, the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus soundtracks top of my list - they are both epic, both in their own separate way (can't wait for Last Guardian!). I also enjoy the addicting "Still Alive" theme from Mirror's Edge (you thought it would be Portal, didn'tcha). 

And to finish off, I'll just list off everything else I enjoy, without explanation:
Metroid OST
Persona 3&4 OST
Metal Gear Solid 2 OST
Mega Man 9 OST
Wind Waker OST
Palette-Swap Ninja (not technically ST, but good music  http://paletteswapninja.com/)
'Now You're a Hero' By Reachground (for those who don't know  http://www.kongregate.com/games/Mazapan/you-have-to-burn-the-rope).

Please contribute - I, among others, would very much like to add to my collection.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

pretty much everything on your list. 

I really love all the music in the Silent Hill series 

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By buzz_clik

The Wipeout soundtracks (especially 3 and Fusion) are great, and the Rez music is all ace. Apart from that, I also listen to a lotta C64 SID tunes.

Oh, and Shadow of the Colossus and both Still Alive songs are regular faves on my iPod, too.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Crixaliz

I loved the Prototype soundtrack, but sadly I believe they didn't release it on cd or anything.

But I sometimes listen to:
Unreal Tournament OSTs
Halo (1,2,3 and Halo wars aren't that different to be honest)
Need for Speed 2 SE (linked above)
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By PowerSerj

I suggest  FFX-2's OST along with the Piano Collection. A plethora of entries on the former and a nice complement of extended and altered OST tracks on the latter. At least be sure to check out Eternity: Memory of Lightwaves from both collections.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xyzygy

Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey both have amazing music. As I've said many times, LO has one of the best battle themes I've ever heard. Too Human has some pretty decent tunes, too.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By buzz_clik
@xyzygy: Oooh, yep. Mass Effect fer sure.
blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By blair

Viva Pinata!

As well as the Chrono games... superb music.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Blackout62

The inFamous soundtrack, it is great exercise music.
And this game, I don't really know why.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Haha! I enjoy Rockband 2 music because you can add more to the soundtrack so your not racing on a track and saying this music I just a few minutes ago. HAHA Rockband 2 is soo much better than the other games other games you can'y get new music. (Don't mind me I am just acting stupid.)

efeMera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By efeMera

hi, i was in a game store today, and some beautiful music was playing. it was the kind of music that was dreamy, but very soaring, flying powerful....video game version of beethoven...if beethoven did vid music. lot's of emotion, and rich with depth and kindof symphonic....there was only a few cheesy john teshy elements to it that reminds me of "Pure Moods' don't know if anyone knows of that......a commercial that frequented latenight tv...that included music from the X Files, Enigma, and something that was kind of tribal-indian-chanty.  I asked the clerk what he was listening to and he said it was AOL music streaming video game music....and in a modest but knowitall fashion, he said, the i'm sure what was just playing was.....something that sounded like tennis shoe LOL. so i thought, maybe it's japanese anime.....and i've googled tenchi, tenchou, based on your list here at this site of 'every video game ever made' hoping that something like that would jump out at me...and many of those did...so i looked for them at grooveshark and listened to some samples and i'm not hearing anything like what i heard in the store. :-(  i don't know if the guy even knew what he was talking about, so it wouldn't do me much good to go back for clarification. so does anyone know what this music came from? i gotta have it.......it was awesome, whatever it was!

drewm135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By drewm135

Ohhhh yeah, I absolutely love the soundtrack to Civ IV. I also really love Chris Tilton's score to Mercs 2 (Game is broken however). Hey and for another few on your list there's Uncharted 2, Secret Weapons Over Normandy, and I personally love the soundtrack to Shatter

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Disengage

Earthbound and Toejam & Earl.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers