Video Game Trivia

manurok1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By manurok1

Not trying to confuse "trivia" as in a quiz. I mean trivia as in facts that are mildly intresting. Here's a few:
-Shigeru Miyamoto is left handed.
-Resident Evil 4 went through at least 3 variations before it was released.
- The PlayStation was originally planned as a Nintendo console, with Sony to design some of the inside components. When Nintendo secretly renegaded this agreement, Sony decided to make a console anyway.
- Nintendo employees who cannot get 120 stars in Mario Galaxy receive less salary and must eat in a separate canteen labelled 'Fail'.
- If every person working inside of the video game industry were standing in a circle, the circle would easily besiege Bratislava, the capital city of Slovakia.

Do any of you know any intersting facts involving games?

NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By whyzenheimer
@manurok1 said:
" Not trying to confuse "trivia" as in a quiz. I mean trivia as in facts that are mildly intresting. Here's a few:
- The PlayStation was originally planned as a Nintendo console, with Sony to design some of the inside components. When Nintendo secretly renegaded this agreement, Sony decided to make a console anyway.
- Nintendo employees who cannot get 120 stars in Mario Galaxy receive less salary and must eat in a separate canteen labelled 'Fail'. - If every person working inside of the video game industry were standing in a circle, the circle would easily besiege Bratislava, the capital city of Slovakia.   Do any of you know any intersting facts involving games? "
It is interesting that you spelled the word "interesting" as both "intresting" and "intersting" in the same block of text.

I do want to look up the bit about workers at Nintendo and getting 120 stars though.
intoblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By intoblivion
  • The Gamecubes micro-processor was nicknamed "Gekko"
  • All Volkswagen cars used the Playstation 1's proccessor for their in-car entertainment systems.

manurok1901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By manurok1901

I found a few on the net....
 The Sega Dreamcast was the first console to implement online play over a phone line, calling the system Sega Net.

The Microsoft Xbox is the first video game system to completely support HDTV

Popular Science recognized the Sega Dreamcast as one of the most important and innovative products of 1999.

The Magnavox Odyssey, released in 1972, contained 40 transistors and no microprocessor. The new Pentium 4 microprocessor contains 42 million transistors on the chip itself!

The PlayStation 2 is the first system to have graphics capability better than that of the leading-edge personal computer at the time of its release.

The Nintendo N64 marked the first time that computer graphics workstation manufacturer Silicon Graphics Inc. (SGI) developed game hardware technology.

While the original Atari Football game was first created in 1973, it wasn't released until 1978. It was delayed because the game couldn't scroll the screen -- players couldn't move beyond the area shown on the monitor. When the game was finally released, it became the first game to utilize scrolling, a key part of many games today.

The Atari Pong video game console was the No. 1 selling item for the holiday season in 1975.

The first console to have games available in the form of add-on cartridges was the Fairchild Channel F console, introduced in August 1976.

The PlayStation 2 is the first video game system to use DVD technology.

On the original Magnavox Odyssey, players had to keep score themselves because the machine couldn't.

The Nintendo GameCube's proprietary disc can hold 1.5 gigabytes of data -- 190 times more than what an N64 game cartridge can hold.

On the market from 1991 till 2004, the SNK NeoGeo AES has tied the Atari 2600 (1977-1990) as the longest supported gaming console in history.

The Sega Genesis featured a version of the same Motorola processor that powered the original Apple Macintosh computer.

Mattel's Intellivison system, introduced in 1980, featured an add-on called "PlayCable," which delivered games by cable TV.

Nintendo's Game Boy is the most successful game system ever, with more than 100 million units sold worldwide.

The word atari comes from the ancient Japanese game of Go and means "you are about to be engulfed." Technically, it is the word used by a player to inform his opponent that he is about to lose, similar to "check" in chess.

In the 1980s, a service called Gameline allowed users to download games to the Atari 2600 over regular phone lines. It was not a success, but did form part of the foundation for America Online, the world's largest Internet service provider.

The first color portable video game system was the Atari Lynx, introduced in 1989 and priced at $149.

Introduced in 1993, the 3DO was the first video game system to be based entirely on CD technology.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King
@manurok1 said:
" Not trying to confuse "trivia" as in a quiz. I mean trivia as in facts that are mildly intresting. Here's a few:
- Nintendo employees who cannot get 120 stars in Mario Galaxy receive less salary and must eat in a separate canteen labelled 'Fail'. - If every person working inside of the video game industry were standing in a circle, the circle would easily besiege Bratislava, the capital city of Slovakia.   Do any of you know any intersting facts involving games? "
A lot of those are either common knowledge or seem to be made up. Also, how can you even measure the last one? Are there any measurements?
manurok1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By manurok1
@Video_Game_King: I just found this from various sources and since I'm a gullable fool I am convinced they are true. Apart from maybe the Nintendo stars one it sounds like utter rubbish but I think there's a possibility that it is true.