Video Games in the North North East

john9man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By john9man

Hey all, I'm a grad student at UVM in Burlington, VT. This means it's really hard for me to connect to other gamers at large/medium events and damn near impossible to come to a Giantbomb meetup. I play Super Smash with my fellow students, but that's about it. Any advice or ideas about how to better get involved/network/have a GFT (good fucking time) with video game enthusiasts and said cons despite my geographical isolation. (BTW Vermont is bomb in most other stuff. Anyone who's had Heady Topper get at me)

john9man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man... no one? I could seriously use some help here.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ah, Vermont. Lovely Vermont. So boring that if you mention Vermont to anyone in New England that doesn't live in Vermont, they enter a comatose state and you have to snap them out with smelling salts. I didnt even know you guys had video games in Vermont. I just assumed that all your hobbys had to do with trees. Like looking at trees, standing near trees, talking about trees, leaning up against trees, and sitting on the ground in the vicinity of a tree or multiple trees. I once drove thru Vermont and when I woke up, I was on the border to New York with 30 speeding tickets on my window and trunk full of maple syrup. Anyways, good luck man. Hope you find some cool dudes to game with!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

@71ranchero said:

Ah, Vermont. Lovely Vermont. So boring that if you mention Vermont to anyone in New England that doesn't live in Vermont, they enter a comatose state and you have to snap them out with smelling salts. I didnt even know you guys had video games in Vermont. I just assumed that all your hobbys had to do with trees. Like looking at trees, standing near trees, talking about trees, leaning up against trees, and sitting on the ground in the vicinity of a tree or multiple trees. I once drove thru Vermont and when I woke up, I was on the border to New York with 30 speeding tickets on my window and trunk full of maple syrup. Anyways, good luck man. Hope you find some cool dudes to game with!

This seems somewhat offensive and is also pretty hilarious.

I honestly don't know what to tell anybody searching for social gatherings about video games.

john9man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@71ranchero: hahaha, as right on as you are about the trees I wanna hang out with some people that like video game trees!

Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Well it is after midnight in Vermont right now. Had you maybe posted this at more of a prime time hour you might have gotten a better response from people in your area.

But in terms of better getting involved go into the GB boards of the games you want to play multiplayer, and find a group. There is almost always a guild or a thread with usernames of people who want to play. The key is to just be proactive in putting yourself out there. If you don't have real life friends to play you need to seek them out for yourself online; no one online is going to come around asking you to play a game with them if you never put yourself out there. And if there isn't a guild or group or thread for the game you want to play make one and it is almost guaranteed that someone will find it and people will join up.

Avatar image for physicalscience
physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i live in Northern New York about three hours west of vermont, I feel your pain. I would also remind you that a quick trip to plattsburgh, NY and a 3-4 hour train ride means NYC so all is not lost.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, it's always freaky seeing someone who lives so close to where I live.