• 181 results
#101 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@laserbolts:

I don't recall a game that made me cry, but I've been very touched by games like Terranigma, Eternal Sonata and Nier.

#102 Posted by RedCream (705 posts) -

Persona 4 and To The Moon comes to mind.

#103 Posted by lithiumproject (32 posts) -

This piece of music and the Kafei sidequest...

#104 Posted by mrvilla (9 posts) -

Can not think of any game that has really made me care that much abt any one really .

#105 Posted by MoseSSesoM (235 posts) -

MGS3

Persona 3

Journey

Probably more.

#106 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

Half Life 2 Episode 2 had me tearing up at the ending... If you have played it you know what I mean. :'(

#107 Posted by Capum15 (4899 posts) -

Two deaths in ME3 got me - not to tears, but really close. One was just sad, the other was sad too, but got worse as I had time to think about it afterward.

Oddly, I didn't feel sad as Ashley stayed on Virmire in ME1...not quite sure why. She was a good character, but...eh.

Also, there was one specific, incredibly quick and shocking death in Halo: Reach for me. It just...happened. Instantly. Out of no-where, and just left me speechless for a good minute or two. The rest is just a blur of murder, hatred, vengeance, and murder.

#108 Posted by Slag (4348 posts) -

Nothing in video games has ever made me come close to crying. Kind of odd now that I think about it since I like them so much.

I will say what happens to a certain character in Deadly Premonition I found to be really upsetting like no game has ever made me feel.

#109 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@FilipHolm said:

Journey.... can't think of any other game. Maybe mgs4 on the first playthrough?

Holy shit dude, Journey made me shed tears like nothing before. Even movies have never made me cry the same way that movie or game did.

MGS4 ALMOST did after the credits when a CERTIAN someone is there awaiting you at the end...

Actually thats a lie, I started balling up at the end of that one too. lol.

#110 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

the .hack series were pretty emotional, especially the G.U ones.

#111 Posted by kogasu (148 posts) -

@mandude said:

Aeris' theme is a moving piece. I don't think it would have had the impact without that song.

This...

I can get teary just hearing that damn song. It's one of my most favorites!

#112 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

Never cried over a game. Films and TV however, different story.

#113 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

I tend to rage more than cry.

Though ICO got me, as did Journey and a few others.

#114 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1020 posts) -

almost for deadly premonition

#115 Posted by bryanrmccormick (1 posts) -

i cry at mario kart credits flashback every time the first time i beat them... fuck you

#116 Posted by Marcsman (3195 posts) -

Only my 4th YLOD ALMOST made me cry. A game never......................

#117 Posted by gtg12 (67 posts) -

Ending of MGS3 made me come the closest to crying.

#118 Posted by JaredA (824 posts) -

When Kelly Chambers died in Mass Effect 2. Many, many tears were shed.

#119 Edited by Darkstorn (465 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4 brought me to tears. Beautiful game in every respect. I think I teared up a little bit during the ending cinematic in Starcraft: Brood War when the admiral shoots himself in the head after that brilliant speech, although that was nearly 15 years ago...

Red Dead Redemption's ending was close as well.

EDIT: Deadly Premonition had a very upsetting plot point, even though I only watched the GB playthrough :/

#120 Posted by Dethfish (3658 posts) -

Lost Odyssey got me pretty good at a few points in that game. I was definitely not expecting that when I first started playing it.

The Nanako storyline in P4 made me really sad as well.

#121 Posted by Danteveli (1184 posts) -

Never cried because of game but I have shed tears during Rocky IV.

#122 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

Agree ME3 alomst did it for me. WREX being all "this is MY planet!" I'm like yeah get 'em dog. These reapers aint shit, but why am I getting emotional? BTW I killed that overgrown SOB in my second playthru. I aint no bitch. Wow "aint" twice in one post. I should probably go cry about that.

#123 Edited by Niall1800 (10 posts) -

The ending of Halo 3 and Halo 4 made me cry a lot. I got teary eye'd at several moments in Mass Effect 3.

#124 Edited by DrDarkStryfe (1115 posts) -

Elite Beat Agents, that damn winter level halfway through the game.

#125 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Look sometimes my eyes get watery and can't be stopped easily. That's "technically" NOT crying, ok. Shit just happens.

#126 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

The ending of The Walking Dead made me cry, as did Mother 3.

I haven't felt as sad as when I finished Persona 3 though. I didn't cry, but I did feel pretty fucking depressed for the next couple of days. No other game/movie/book/etc. has ever made me feel that way either.

#127 Edited by MegaLombax (390 posts) -

Call me weird, but Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 really made me tear up. Some story parts I felt were told more effectively in the game compared to the anime/manga.

#128 Posted by CarltonBanks (32 posts) -

To the Moon... probably the only game that I bought solely based on a trailer. The carnival scene, the montage after the hallway sequence, and the ending montage kill me every time.

#129 Edited by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 and Crisis Core. I also got pretty close with Bioshock Infinite.

#130 Posted by MeganeAgain (123 posts) -
#131 Posted by Caustic_Fox (112 posts) -

Who cries at video games... Shhaa not me... :p

But more seriously, would video game intros count? I almost cried at the intro of Descent 3. I have yet to see anything beat it.

I was also on the verge of the sniffles when playing one part in Beyond Good & Evil. Besides that, video games rarely affect me that much.

#132 Posted by Marokai (2962 posts) -

@dethfish said:

Lost Odyssey got me pretty good at a few points in that game. I was definitely not expecting that when I first started playing it.

LO is practically designed to make someone cry. So many tearjerker moments in that game.

#133 Edited by ChosenOne (204 posts) -

I haven't cried from sadness, but I have this weird thing where I get teary-eyed from anticipation. Mostly happens during moments in which you as a player have known something important to the story and the main character finally has the same revelation. Also can occur during major plot points like long-awaited reunions, comeuppances, and battle victories. Happens more often from books than games though.

#134 Edited by hidys (1029 posts) -

Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect 2 and 3, The Walking Dead, Metal Gear Solid 2, 3 and 4.

Also yeah that...

@drdarkstryfe said:

Elite Beat Agents, that damn winter level halfway through the game.

#135 Posted by Tarsier (1064 posts) -

i almost cried at the end of half life 2 episode 2, a few times. i cried for real at the end of journey but i think my tear duct was malfunctioning because of the amount of times i had held back the tears through the game, they just exploded at the end. mass effect 3 i almost cried at the mordin part.

i cried once while playing neverwinter nights because someone stole my sword of heavens while i was trying to transfer it behind the inn. and the admins believed that it was his because i couldnt prove it and he was older than me.

#136 Posted by madpierrot (68 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 did it for me. Just the culmination of over 100 hours of gameplay during the course of three games really helped all the situations have more weight. There were a couple speeches and conversations with characters and a couple deaths where I did shed a tear.

#137 Posted by CanadianViking (1 posts) -

Never really cried, but the games that have given me the feels lately have to be Metal of Honor, MoH: Warfighter, and InFamous 2. MoH sounds dumb but being a future soldier, loss of another soldier really hits home for me. And InFamous 2, damn, you'd know if you play the game. (Not gonna give spoilers in case no one's played them).

#138 Posted by Sgtpierceface (624 posts) -

-To The Moon. Most I've ever cried in my life at anything. Openly sobbing.

-Portal 2. I'm not even sure what emotion I was feeling, but that song that the turrets and GLaDOS sing is incredible.

-Mass Effect 3. Teary-eyed, but not really crying. That is, until the confusion started seeping in.

-Bioshock Infinite. I'll be honest, I didn't actually cry, but when you finally see how Elizabeth loses her finger... Chills man...

#139 Edited by Rorie (2888 posts) -

Cloud was pretty annoying for most of this game, but the ending, man. The ending.

Staff
#140 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1180 posts) -

Im with you Rorie, I love a good bittersweet ending. Another game that always gets me teary eyed EVERY time is the ending to Lufia 2. I replay that game every now and then and it always gets to me.

More recently...

VLR spoilers:

Luna's Ending

#141 Edited by Zaccheus (1793 posts) -

To the Moon is the only game that has made me cry for real.

#142 Edited by gaminghooligan (1443 posts) -

ME3 Mordin.

#143 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5479 posts) -

I cried at the end of The Walking Dead telltale game.

#144 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Full blown crying? no, never.

Watery eyes? yeah all the time :'(

#145 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2561 posts) -

@dethfish said:

Oh fuck you - you're right. Those memories scattered throughout the game (the ones which play as animated text with music and sound effects) were fucking AMAZING, and a couple of them certainly made me cry.

However, I came to this thread to site Mass Effect 3 - (spoilers) Thane on his death bed and Mordin dying. I totally cried at both.

@rorie said:

Cloud was pretty annoying for most of this game, but the ending, man. The ending.

psst Rorie, I think you mean Tidus. >_> (let's hope nobody notices)

#146 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

Not only did Aeris dying not make me cry, I for the life of me don't understand how ANYONE would cry at that. It was sudden, and that was surprising and a neat twist, but as far as emotion goes it was TERRIBLY handled. THe graphics are so terrible that no emotion could be conveyed. The writing was terrible, as it was through the entire game. I just honestly can't understand how anyone would find it affecting unless they just find violence in general to be upsetting.

#147 Edited by Hilbert (349 posts) -

Last game that made me cry was Ghost Recon future soldier.

#148 Posted by Orbitz (67 posts) -

I can't remember crying over a video game to be honest.. But when I beat Legend of Zelda OoT for the very first time I remember feeling an overwhelming sense of pride and wonderment, I might have had tears in my eyes.. I honestly can't remember, I was 10 and had never played a game like that before.

Hasn't happened with any game since then, That I am sure of.

#149 Posted by BisonHero (6512 posts) -

I'm keeping this spoiler-free.

The Walking Dead. Just...man. That game got to me more than any other coming of age story I've been exposed to.

To The Moon. As you finally get the complete picture of Johnny's past, it is sad (but very sweet) due to the circumstances. Then when his memories are rewritten (which you've known was coming since like 10 minutes into the game), it's sad on another level. Then when you see what his new memories are, it's sad and bittersweet on yet another level. That game has so many layers of life-affirming sadness. You have no idea.

Also, I might've shed a tear or two at the end of the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run, because as haphazard and uneven as some of the character writing is in that game, you still root for the characters, and the plot deals out some pretty rough hands near the end, and it is heartbreakingly tragic.

#150 Posted by Addeyry (1 posts) -

The ending of bioshock infintite when (SPOILER!) comstock takes Anna and she gets her finger cutoff, that made me cry floods of tears.