Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NathanStack
No Caption Provided

This fucking game, man.

I was super excited by everything I saw and read about this game prior to actually playing it. I like adventure games and puzzle games. I loved the old Sierra and Lucas Arts adventure games, played all of the Myst games, etc... But when I brought L.A. Noire home and put it in my Xbox something just failed to click. The story was interesting, everything about the gameplay was technically solid, but I just found it... boring.

What about you? What are some games you were looking forward to that you ended up not liking at all?

reddwarf42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By reddwarf42

Demon's Souls

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By solidejake

I tried convincing myself that Halo 3 was amazing, but (in my opinion) it just really wasn't good at all. But it's a matter of opinion.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

L.A. Noire

That game is a joke to me.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Vanquish. It seemed that the concept would appeal to me a lot, but it turned out to be real boring and frustrating.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

I was really looking forward to Shank. It looked like it had a cool art style and the gameplay looked liked a more in depth brawler. Turned out to be one of the worst games I have ever played this generation.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By TomA

LA Noire. Boring as shit.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iDarktread
@reddwarf42 said:

Demon's Souls

Jerk.
Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tsoglani

I agree with the LA Noire one: I tried really hard to like it, but other than a few cases/missions, I just couldn't. 

Also FFXIII: I am a fan of the series, but just couldn't bring myself to enjoy it.

This will be a polarizing thread, and am just waiting for all the LA Noire fanboys to begin their crusade...

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By jmrwacko

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I started a new game 3 times and even bought Shivering Isles, and I still found myself quitting about 10 hours into the game each time. I was never satisfied with my character, the voiceovers were drab and repetitive, and the main story was boring. I even used popular PC mods and couldn't enjoy it.

Also, Bioshock. I thought the story was contrived. Most people who thought Bioshock had philosophical depth thought so because they have never read any of the material that Bioshock references (aka Ayn Rand).

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Hector

Gonna say Deus Ex: HR, the atmosphere and story are amazing but the dialogue and gameplay are a little bit iffy.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By BeachThunder

Well, I just finished Singularity; so, Singularity.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I wanted to enjoy Ninja Gaiden II, but that game is fucked... Oh, Dark Seed also comes to mind. I probably would've liked the latter if it wasn't so damn strict with its pacing/timing in regard to puzzle solving. It's a shame too, cause that game has a nice look to it.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By subject2change

METRO 2033
Final Fantasy XIII

is all of recent that i've played and couldn't finish. However I plan to go back to FFXIII soon enough and I was prettyclose to the end of Metro that I may just finish it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic

What you said. 

@jmrwacko said:

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I started a new game 3 times and even bought Shivering Isles, and I still found myself quitting about 10 hours into the game each time. I was never satisfied with my character, the voiceovers were drab and repetitive, and the main story was boring. I even used popular PC mods and couldn't enjoy it.  Also, Bioshock. I thought the story was contrived. Most people who thought Bioshock had philosophical depth thought so because they have never read any of the material that Bioshock references (aka Ayn Rand).
Oblivion is neither about voice acting, nor story, and not so much your character, so you're focusing on the wrong parts. 

Oblivion is about the world and the motherfucking endless content and quests in it. so much to do, too much!!
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently, From Dust was a staggering disappointment. Thought the game had some neat ideas, but I couldn't cope with anything concerning the design of that game. The controls, the mission structure, the camera. None of it, in terms of execution, did it for me.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikeGosot

L.A. Noire because the "Truth or Bullshit" system was disappointing and the rest of the game was just... meh. 
Also, Fallout: New Vegas(And 3) because the game is ugly and the gameplay disappointed me. The guns are a joke! DDD: 
I tried to play that game many, many times, but you just wander around with horrible guns and the characters creep me out! I really like the concept and i hope the new engine will fix these problems. 

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Crysis 2. I just don't get it, I can play any other shooter just fine but I can't even play it on easy and therefore I hate it, although I really did want to like it.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreatGuero

LA Noire, Far Cry 2, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Limbo, Super Mario Galaxy, Gears of War, and Halo: Reach come to mind.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By project343

This may be a random entry. But Zeno Clash.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By tourgen

The Halo series. I love sci-fi and tech games. Halo felt so very bland tho and it made me sad.

Bioshock. Nothing against the game really. It's just about the point I realized I don't like linear hallway shooters no matter how awesome the look & sound, or how good the story is.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tuggah
Fable 2. I was bored. Combat went from dumb easy hit 2 buttons to die in two hits to this guy. The interactions with people did not live up to my expectations.  

Gears of War 2. Really enjoyed the single player, but the multi-player got old so fast.
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis.

I don't mind the dated graphics, and even though it's hard I enjoy challenging games. There's just too much going on at all times, and I could never get a hold of the combat.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#24  Edited By Wemibelle

The ones I can think of are: 

- Crysis 1 and 2:  The action in these games never appealed to me for some reason.  The weight that the character has and the feel of the shooting always turned me off.   

- Vanquish:  Rocket legs!  How could I hate this?  I only played it for an hour before giving up with it. 

- Far Cry 2:  For some reason, the open ended nature of it always frustrated me.  Also, I fucking hate being chased by jeeps. 

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BionicRadd

Red Dead Redemption - I love Westerns.  Especially Clint Eastwood Westerns that so clearly inspired Red Dead's story.  However, I found all the characters, including Marsden to be absolutely insufferable.  After San Andreas, GTA IV and RDR, I've come to the conclusion that Rockstar thinks they are brilliant writers.  I think I've basically just decided that that I am done with their games.  The writing is awful.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Oblivion, how I wanted to love you. Hopefully Skyrim fills my needs.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Mr_Skeleton said:

Crysis 2. I just don't get it, I can play any other shooter just fine but I can't even play it on easy and therefore I hate it, although I really did want to like it.

i despise that let-down abomination so much I.... i.........
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Seedofpower

Kill Team.

Most recent thing that comes to mind.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By BoG

Okami. I can't tell you how much I wanted to love the game, but just found it boring and easy.
Progman9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Progman9000

Three spring to mind quickly.

Darksiders - Just couldn't get into the fiction and the world.  The controls also felt way too... Light, I guess, for the character you were playing.  Didn't really feel like he had any weight to him.  Just gave up on it after a while.

Shadow of The Colossus - Reallllly gave this game a fair go.  Really expected to love it, too.  It may be partly the technical reasons that were mentioned so often in the quicklook, but I don't think so.  I really didn't like basically going from boss battle to boss battle with no incentive to explore except for exploration's sake.  Plus I couldn't beat that snake dragon thing colossus, so I just gave up.  Nothing about it clicked with me.  Art, music, controls, nothing.

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey - This game just made me realize how much more I enjoy the anime trappings of the Persona series, and how much I dislike the combat and exploration of the Shin Megami Tensei series.  Shame, because it seemed like it could have gotten interesting.

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By herocide

Another vote for Oblivion and Fable 2.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By joshth

Dragon Age 2.
Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rattle618

The Witcher and Dawn of War 2 come to mind, Im sure there are a few others. 

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#34  Edited By pyromagnestir

Fallout New Vegas. Damn game kept crashing on me. Only thing I can't stand is crashes.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By ThePickle

Mass Effect 1 and Fable 2.

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By NateDogg

Too Human.

But most recently I would also have to say L.A. Noire.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Slaker117

LA Noire as well. Production values were great, and I love the setting, but the game part of it was almost wholly superficial. For a game where you play a detective, there is a pitiful amount of actually figuring shit out. Everything gets explained at you, leaving only the task of moving from point a to b to the player. They story structure also gets frustrating when you see passed what they want to you to, and you are forced to make decision you know are wrong.

protomessiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38  Edited By protomessiah

LA Noire as well. Also Metro 2033, Darksiders, Vanquish, Crysis 1 and 2, Cod World at War and FFXIII all spring to mind.

RagnarokRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RagnarokRed

Final Fantasy 10 and the Uncharted series off the top of my head. I look at those games and I know they're technically sound and are all well-made, but god damn whenever I play them I'd just rather watch paint dry. Something about blatant linearity in areas that you would otherwise think should be very open and explorable -- like jungles and forests and ancient ruins -- annoys the shit out of me. I'd rather have the illusion of freedom than obvious shackles.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Adamsons

Dragon Age: Origins

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#41  Edited By Video_Game_King

Romancing SaGa anything. The ideas are so solid, but the execution can never live up to them. Also, Lugaru, and probably something else, maybe.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@BionicRadd said:
 Marsden
lol
musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By musclerider

MVC 3

Pretty big fighting game buff but nothing in this game was fun for me.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Brink

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

E.Y.E.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By oraknabo

Alpha Protocol. I know Obsidian is capable of so much better than what they've been doing lately.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Morrowind. Played the Xbox and PC version. Couldn't push myself to finish.

Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#47  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

I like the Fable Series but I hated Fable 3 too much gold farming/grinding and the quests were lackluster.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By oraknabo
@Green_Incarnate: I wish I could get into any Elder Scrolls game. Fallout 3 is the only Bethesda game I like at all. Here's hoping Skyrim is worth it.
soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By soldierg654342

VVVVVV comes to mind. When it was on, it was really good, but in the end it was an overpriced flash game. 

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NTM

Crysis 2.