• 163 results
#151 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (307 posts) -

I didn't like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare; It had an OK story but it's Multiplayer was crap. Completely disagree about LA Noire though.

#152 Posted by AjayRaz (12487 posts) -

Far Cry 2, God of War, and.. i'm sure there's much more, but those are the two that come to mind. 

#153 Posted by chrissedoff (2183 posts) -

s.t.a.l.k.e.r.: shadow of chernobyl. i like the concept, the open world and having to scavenge and survive in a harsh environment, but the shooting just plain didn't work well at all, and there were so many glitches and bugs. i might give it another go on the easiest difficulty sometime.

#154 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Guild Wars 1. After playing all the preview weekends, I thought it's gonna beat WoW to a pulp. Loved the tourney PvP and the directed story instances so much. Yet when the game released, the PvE questing in those instanced shards was awfully un-fun and just didn't fly in comparison to World of Warcraft.

Luckily ArenaNet is going to reiterate on Guild Wars and this time, ArenaNet will put Blizzard in their place. The king is dead. Long live the king. All hail Guild Wars 2!

#155 Posted by sionweeks (662 posts) -

Spore.

#156 Posted by Whitestripes09 (448 posts) -

Resistance 1, 2. I seriously do not understand the fan base for these games. The gameplay seems extremely dated and offers absolutely nothing new to the fps genre except ridiculous weapons. Not only are these games hard as hell, its not satisfying. Game developers, please do NOT add bullet sponge enemies into games anymore, they're not fun to shoot at...

#157 Posted by Swoxx (3011 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIII :/

#158 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

OP hit the nail on the head for me. I'm aching to like the game, but I've been on disc 2 for months and have no passion to continue it.

Killzone 2 is another one. I really wanted it to be a killer app for me PS3, but the combos of me hating the ISA, Sev being a midget and it controlling like dogshit really made it a chore. There's something to be said for trying to do something new with the FPS genre and I commend them for that, but none of their ideas clicked with me.

#159 Posted by Gooddoggy (416 posts) -

BioShock 1 and 2. I thought the combat was awful, and the story wasn't interesting for me. There were some cool moments, definitely, and the setting and atmosphere were great, but I thought the labyrinthine maps were tedious to explore.

#160 Posted by gorkamorkaorka (448 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Yes, it is a hiking simulator full of stuff. It's a damn RPG. All that stuff that's bad SHOULD have been good.
#161 Posted by advocatefish (366 posts) -

-Soul Caliber 4 (I even bought a stupid guide for it)
-GTA 4
-Shank
-Scott Pilgrim vs the World
-Red Dead Redemption (I got to Mexico and the campaign just dragged ass. Everything else was solid. I hate Rockstar for killing that game for me.)
- Dragon Age
-Assult on Butcher Bay (stealth mechanics felt broken)
-Uncharted 2 (I powered through the first game to get to it and stopped on the train level.)
-Limbo (Too much just stumbling onto the solution.)
-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (I found out exactly what people meant when saying Zelda is always the same game.)

Page 8 RULEZ!

#162 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

Final Fantasy X and XIII

#163 Posted by President_Barackbar (3481 posts) -

Surprised how many people really don't like LA Noire. I would have to say Deus Ex. I don't like ANYTHING about the way that game plays and really don't see why its so well regarded for anything other than the story.