Video Reviews?

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Osaladin

The last video review on GB was RE:5. What's up with the scarcity of video reviews? I understand that it has been a pretty dry couple of months for games, but still, I get sad every time I click on a new review link and don't find a video. Now the staff might just be really busy, and if so, that's cool, and of course GB comes out with lots of other videos, but please guys, don't neglect the reviews. Thanks.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Just wait for june. Or is it july?

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tylea002

Thus the invention of quick looks. They are longer, give a better view of what it's like to PLAY the game, and don't take as much time to produce.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Luke

Next month (May) has both Punch-Out!! and inFamous coming-out, which I'm pretty sure they kinda have to do Video Reviews for.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tylea002 said:
"Thus the invention of quick looks. They are longer, give a better view of what it's like to PLAY the game, and don't take as much time to produce."
This.
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Scooper

With Drew doing the P4 ER videos and most of the random developer vids and Vinny shooting, cutting ect of I love Mondays, Quick looks, Game Events and wine bar vids they are being run pretty hard. I mean they put out a couple new pieces of video every day or so.

slantedwindows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slantedwindows

yes, but it serves a completely different purpose than a video review. these guys might love what they see in a quick look and find that the next 20 hours are the same repetitive, tedious tasks done ad nauseum.

the real reason is that there haven't been big blockbuster games worth making a video review for. most of the recent reviews are XBLA and PSN games, or bland sequels. do we really need a video review of Master of Illustion?
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Osaladin

I get the quick looks, and I'm all for them. But there is something about video reviews that are special to me. I would have liked to see a Dark Athena video review. I understand they are worked very hard, and I completely appreciate that. They come out with more game videos than any other site that I frequent.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the guys are GB are a smaller crew then Gamespot they can't roll out a video review for every big game that comes out.

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By gimmysumcowbel
Tylea002 said:
"Thus the invention of quick looks. They are longer, give a better view of what it's like to PLAY the game, and don't take as much time to produce."

this
Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Rapture
addictedtopinescent said:
"Yeah the guys are GB are a smaller crew then Gamespot they can't roll out a video review for every big game that comes out."
yea thats true
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By CenturionCajun

We are now in the midst of the summer downtime. While late May and June have a decent array of big titles (Infamous, Prototype, Batman, Ghostbusters) that's going to be about it until late September when the holiday madness begins. Giant Bomb is running with four dedicated reviewers. Therefore, they arn't going to be able to write reviews for very many games let alone have the time for video reviews.