Viewing Giantbomb.com on the PS3 web browser

irish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By irish

Anyone have an issue logging into Giantbomb.com through the PS3 web browser. It looks like the rendering engine is IE6, so I don't blame the developers at Whiskey Media for not supporting it. But it's handy to look at the videos on the site through my HDTV  when I'm logged in. I suppose it's up to Sony to upgrade their web browser. IE6 is a joke and I can't be that hard for Sony to update/change the web browser to something open source like Firefox or even IE7. Just to be able to login would be nice though. Don't really care about how it renders the web page.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ShaneDev

Its terrible for reading things but the video stuff is not to bad. I wouldn't care if Sony updated the browser or if whiskey media supported it better because i only use it when i wouldnt be assed to turn on my PC.

subrandom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By subrandom

im pretty sure the ps3 uses Netfront which is a browser mostly used by mobile devices. 

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Kiemoe

When I used to use the browser a lot I watched Giant Bomb videos on my big screen, but ever since they got the new video player I can't do anything giantbomb related on the ps3. 

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Willy105

Same with the Wii browser.

Reading text is awesome, but there's nothing to do in the site without being able to post or view videos.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By sjschmidt93

I often watch GB videos through my web browser when I just want to lay down. Works fine for me.

Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Evercaptor

The PS3 is awful at rendering GB, but the videos are servicable if you can navigate the menus. The loads are alright, and they scale nicely to my HDTV even persona ER episodes look nice. It's not that much of a hassle really. I don't think Sony has to update anything in my opinion, there's nothing i can't do on my PS3 browser that I wouldn't rather do on my laptop anyway, so no hassle. 
Why would you need to log in though? I'm certain you'd rather not complete quests using the clunky system sony made. It'd take less time to drive to an internet cafe.
btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By btman

just use your computer.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By zero_

Man, Sony really needs to update their browser on their PS3....

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Hitchenson
  • PS3
  • A good web browser

Pick one.