#1 Posted by dudeglove (7758 posts) -

You've heard all the talk about homemade mayonnaise medigel on the bombcasts, you've seen the thread for the VinnCo. Mark III Maglift System shirt design, by now it's blatantly clear that the direction the GOTY vids should go should just be, like, a series of dodgy infomercials starring Bootleg Vinny flogging his latest contraptions, right?

Look, I know they sort of did something similar in tone with two previous videos you might have seen...

...but that was, like, four years ago, and they've come a long way since. Plus they kind of complained about how how long it took them to write the CBS parodies last year, so I'm (un)officially submitting my totally-unasked-for fan suggestion.

Listen: Vinny's already spent several hours drawing us into his imaginary world of Vinn Co. Innovations. It's time to fully realize that dream.

Either that or just an endless David Lynch fever dream of a topless Johnny V. twerking on a duct-tape-over-the-mouth-Brad-strapped-to-a-chair. I'd buy it.

#2 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

Genius! I like it. Vinnco needs to get some more publicity in the larger market.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

agreed!

#4 Edited by dudeglove (7758 posts) -

In light of the recent Bridge Builder Simulator vid and the Loads Our Last Souls you're goddamn right I'm resurrecting this thread.

#5 Posted by Humanity (9054 posts) -

I only buy VinnCo products for my househould. I've had several, near life threatening, encounters with my new VinnCo toaster, but I say hey! At least I'm living life to the limit!

#6 Posted by Hassun (1069 posts) -

Still the greatest duders in the history of the internet.

#7 Edited by planetfunksquad (416 posts) -

Don't believe the hype. I bought a washing machine from VinnCo and it did not, I repeat DID NOT pull me into an alternate dimension where the laws of physics do not apply and everyone has sweet black tees. I want my goddamn money back.

#8 Posted by RonGalaxy (3124 posts) -

Oh my god, that iphone app commercial video was the most beautiful thing Ive ever seen.

#9 Posted by Dezinus (264 posts) -

Looking forward to the VinnCo™ Innovator of the Year Award category, at least.

#10 Edited by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

My dream is for VInnCo to over throw google and become the next skynet, and we will then all welcome our new overlord Vinny!

#11 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

fuck your first offer, this sounds more appealing!

endless David Lynch fever dream of a topless Johnny V. twerking on a duct-tape-over-the-mouth-Brad-strapped-to-a-chair

#12 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4339 posts) -

+1

#13 Posted by Nightriff (4991 posts) -

Is VinnCo. hiring? I think I could create crazy, physic breaking machines of the future.

#14 Posted by afabs515 (1019 posts) -

Anyone on this site who starts a business should name it VinnCo and get Vinny as the mascot. I'd throw my money at that business.

#15 Posted by aceofspudz (937 posts) -
#16 Posted by BaconGames (3371 posts) -

I thought it was VinCo. These are the kinds of details we need to figure out before show time.

#17 Edited by bassguy (85 posts) -

@aceofspudz: I can register for a live webinar demo of this ambiguous "synergy" thing, though.

#18 Posted by fisk0 (4033 posts) -

www.vinnco.com is so inscrutable I thought it was a high-concept parody:

http://www.vinnco.com/vinncostory.html

3. How does it work?

vinnco is a deals site with a difference. Our model is designed so that every time a deal is purchased we reward:

1. The merchant (business) providing the deal;

2. The vinnco member who introduced the merchant to vinnco;

3. The vinnco member who actually buys the deal; and

4. The wider community

Sounds like some kind of multi-level marketing scheme. Kinda appropriate, I guess.

#19 Posted by EXTomar (4687 posts) -

I'd totally buy a VinnCo themed game.

#20 Posted by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

VinnCo marketing video GOTY sounds like a great idea.

#21 Posted by Tajasaurus (843 posts) -

I think this is an important idea. Having the crew be scientists, manufacturers, the business dudes behind it all and also the customers are all things I would love to see.

#22 Posted by FlipperDesert (2083 posts) -

@humanity said:

I only buy VinnCo products for my househould. I've had several, near life threatening, encounters with my new VinnCo toaster, but I say hey! At least I'm living life to the limit!

I've been using the VinnCo VR headset (the premium one with the electrical tape strap) and it's great! People were worried about it causing memory loss but I'm a happy customer!

And it's great! People were worried about it causing memory loss but I haven't noticed anything wrong with it.

#23 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

Sounds like a plan!

#24 Edited by TehBuLL (607 posts) -

I just moved my refrigerator (straight through the roof...but still the magnets worked!) thanks to VinnCo! Huge fan! (Also could VinnCo. get on a blueprint for a HUGE fan?)

#25 Edited by dudeglove (7758 posts) -

@bassguy said:

@aceofspudz: I can register for a live webinar demo of this ambiguous "synergy" thing, though.

Can I watch it on my "phablet"?

#26 Posted by Badger_Commander (2 posts) -

I felt the urge to make this, I thought you guys might appreciate it :)

#27 Posted by dudeglove (7758 posts) -
#28 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4601 posts) -

www.vinnco.com is so inscrutable I thought it was a high-concept parody:

http://www.vinnco.com/vinncostory.html

Oh god that just gave me flashbacks to my old job where I had to look at like, a million different venture capitalists' websites. Those people are the weirdest

#29 Posted by BaneFireLord (2925 posts) -
#31 Edited by Badger_Commander (2 posts) -
#32 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

I saved OVER 15% by switching to Vinn Co.

#33 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -

Vinny is my Game Of The Year.

#34 Posted by EXTomar (4687 posts) -

Lets do a little jamming: What would the theme for VinnCo the game be? Would it be more like The Incredible Machine physics based puzzle thing? Or is it more like an adventure game?

#35 Posted by BaneFireLord (2925 posts) -

@extomar: Nah, it'd be a cheap TF2 knockoff. The only character model is a cartoon Vinny wearing different hats.

#36 Edited by adoggz (2064 posts) -

I fully support BradINC, not this vinco crp.

#37 Posted by Splodge (1284 posts) -

If I invest two grand in Vinnco, what milestone is reached? Which capitol ships do i actually get to own?

#38 Posted by dudeglove (7758 posts) -

@splodge said:

If I invest two grand in Vinnco, what milestone is reached? Which capitol ships do i actually get to own?

Presumably only the Mexican knockoffs, like the El Bomba Grande, or the S.S. Vincenzo.

#39 Posted by Cogzwell (238 posts) -

My thoughts were either nature documentary or hostage situation....

But i really like this idea too!!