...virtual dog killing...

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiot

Are you offended by shooting animals in video games? No? What is wrong with you?!

Why are you grinning after reading that sentence? Do you believe that being offended by such actions is...well...ridiculous? Asinine? Unbelievable? How about if it actually made headlines? Insane?

Well guess what....

[From Joystiq]

Following a Massachusetts high school petition protesting the treatment of dogs in Call of Duty: World at War, the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is now joining the protest as well. Upon seeing news of the protest, PETA sent publisher Activision Blizzard an invitation to take one of its "Developing Empathy for Animals" seminars for free. The organization has also sent the company a package of Nintendogs for the DS, which it deems "dog-friendly." PETA hopes the puppy sim will help influence Activision's treatment of animals in future games, with the organization's blog noting

"perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them."

That quote is REAL!!!!

Well...uhm...thoughts?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!

PETA needs to shove a turkey leg up their ass!
Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Edgar

Shouldn't it, um, be more offensive to shoot virtual people? I-I just can't understand how someone can be outraged over shooting a dog in a video game but have no qualms over shooting a person.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By StarFoxA

I thought that Joystiq had just made up that quote. Then I clicked on the source.

/facepalm

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

Rofl, sure -you dont have a character progression class system anymore, in fact, it isn't even modern warfare 2 anymore!

basically every soldier has a dog kennel and a dog within that kennel, and you fight in wars in order to unlock more toyz for your dog to play with - TOYZ!!!!

The loading screens are replaced with petting simulatiors designed to take advantage of the sixaxis and wii mote, the better your stroking ability, the mroe likely your dog is to come and revive you inbttle, upon which you the then bestow it a adog biscuit and send it scarparing back to safety -whilst you battle for more precious resources.

Also the lobby system is completely random, your dog plays 'fetch' with peopels online profiles, and when its gathered 12 of them into one area the game starts,
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb

I'm not offended by it, but it makes me feel bad. I was playing a thief-character in Oblivion, and I broke into a lady's Imperial City mansion to see if I could find any valuables. When I rounded the corner into her master bedroom, the dog woke up from its sleep, on its tiny little doggy bed, and lunged at me. Instinctually, I fought back...and I killed it. I felt SOOOO ridiculously bad that I almost ended up deleting that character.

I know that sounds weird (because it is,) but I have this kind of hyper-sensitivity to violence on dogs. I don't know exactly what it is. I could see an entire family die in an epic, cinematic blaze, and shrug. But if I even hear about a dog getting hurt, I cringe.

Go figure.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By RedSox8933

PETA is annoying and they never win anything.

I'm just waiting for them to complain about Resident Evil 5.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Endogene
BiggerBomb said:
"I'm not offended by it, but it makes me feel bad. I was playing a thief-character in Oblivion, and I broke into a lady's Imperial City mansion to see if I could find any valuables. When I rounded the corner into her master bedroom, the dog woke up from its sleep, on its tiny little doggy bed, and lunged at me. Instinctually, I fought back...and I killed it. I felt SOOOO ridiculously bad that I almost ended up deleting that character.I know that sounds weird (because it is,) but I have this kind of hyper-sensitivity to violence on dogs. I don't know exactly what it is. I could see an entire family die in an epic, cinematic blaze, and shrug. But if I even hear about a dog getting hurt, I cringe.Go figure."
Same here but also in movies.
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Coltonio7

Signed for the lulz

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By RedSox8933
BiggerBomb said:
"I'm not offended by it, but it makes me feel bad. I was playing a thief-character in Oblivion, and I broke into a lady's Imperial City mansion to see if I could find any valuables. When I rounded the corner into her master bedroom, the dog woke up from its sleep, on its tiny little doggy bed, and lunged at me. Instinctually, I fought back...and I killed it. I felt SOOOO ridiculously bad that I almost ended up deleting that character.I know that sounds weird (because it is,) but I have this kind of hyper-sensitivity to violence on dogs. I don't know exactly what it is. I could see an entire family die in an epic, cinematic blaze, and shrug. But if I even hear about a dog getting hurt, I cringe.Go figure."
Actually, I feel the same way.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By FrankCanada97

There are way more important things people should be concerned with in the world right now.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
FrankCanada97 said:
"There are way more important things people should be concerned with in the world right now."

Quoted for truth.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13  Edited By natetodamax

Fucking stupid. Apparently killing virtual humans isn't offensive. Stupid dickheads.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PureRok

I have no problem with shooting an animal whether it's in a game or in real life. Same with a person.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude

PETA gave Fable 2 a thumbs up for allowing a vegetarian diet, but I guess they forgot you can kick chickens. I say kill'em all and let the virtual god sort them out.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16  Edited By natetodamax
Claude said:
"PETA gave Fable 2 a thumbs up for allowing a vegetarian diet, but I guess they forgot you can kick chickens. I say kill'em all and let the virtual god sort them out. "
Let's all gather outside their headquaters and eat crunchy chicks in front of them!
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By toowalrus

Ugh, I love me some dog-stabbin' in WaW, and some dog shootin' in RE5. If you haven't seen Penn & Teller's Bullshit show on PETA, youtube it.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Pazy

I know there being idiotic but id love a perk to pet dogs sent after me in WaW. It would be the ultimate middle finger to the dude who sent them after you, teeth gnashing, to pet them and start playing frisbee.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Diamond

I go out of my way to kill virtual dogs.  Love turning Dogmeat into a firey comet.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Milkman
BiggerBomb said:
Resident Evil 5 will change your mind on that.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

PETA seems to really like to make things seem unappealing to people. If you want to change someone's mind don't do something like call fish "seakittens" and say that you should pet rabid dogs in a fucking video game. That just makes people laugh at you... hysterically.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By toowalrus
Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"PETA seems to really like to make things seem unappealing to people. If you want to change someone's mind don't do something like call fish "seakittens" and say that you should pet rabid dogs in a fucking video game. That just makes people laugh at you... hysterically. "
I call owl's Sky Nachos.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#23  Edited By Vinchenzo

Dogs seem to fight back. Ever play Ninja Gaiden II? They have shurikens. Bastards.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lunarbunny