#1 Posted by cloudnineboya (935 posts) -

Hotline Miami

coming to vita+ps3 this spring will be cross play, this a game that would be perfect on vita, i think would be more suited to a handheld device would look the business and play great too. i've not played it yet been wanting to but not got round to it but on vita will definitely get.

#2 Edited by Sooty (8195 posts) -

The thought of playing that game with analog sticks doesn't sit well with me. It's too twitchy.

I tried the 360 pad on PC and didn't like it, no idea how the Vita ones could work well, I really don't like them. Too stubby.

#3 Posted by squiDc00kiE (399 posts) -

I never played it but was always interested. maybe I'll get it now. We'll see how the controls turn out though. That will be the deciding factor.

#4 Posted by djou (895 posts) -

I played it with a controller on PC and it worked fine. Clicking in the right stick to lock-on targets and holding the shoulder button to view ahead was a bit awkward but I got used to it. Even got a bunch of A ratings.

My main concern is the stability of the game. It crashed my system at least a half a dozen times and there were numerous instances of weird loads where I would spawn into a blank world or stun locked against the environment. I hope these get fixed for the console ports and the PC version gets patched.

#5 Posted by DaMisterChief (612 posts) -

not a system seller though

#6 Posted by Sooty (8195 posts) -

not a system seller though

So that 5+ month old indie PC game isn't a system seller?

Well thank you captain obvious.

#7 Edited by JOURN3Y (243 posts) -

I'm getting it again because it's a sick game and that soundtrack is amazing

#8 Edited by Veektarius (5295 posts) -

Hotline Miami wouldn't fit on the end of your thread title?

#9 Edited by Beadoy (23 posts) -

To be honest, I'm not too wild about the Vita's thumb sticks. They've always felt a bit off to me in terms of precision control. Also after trying the gamepad controls on the PC version, I couldn't invoke the level of precision that I experienced from the mouse and keyboard controls.

If you're going to experience Hotline Miami for the first time, I'd highly recommend playing it on the PC with a keyboard and mouse rather than waiting on the Vita version.

#10 Posted by jking47 (1266 posts) -

Playing that game with analogue sticks would be pretty terrible.

#11 Edited by Ubersmake (771 posts) -

@djou said:

My main concern is the stability of the game. It crashed my system at least a half a dozen times and there were numerous instances of weird loads where I would spawn into a blank world or stun locked against the environment. I hope these get fixed for the console ports and the PC version gets patched.

At least this time, they won't have to deal with millions of possible hardware configurations. I apparently lucked out with my playthrough on the PC. Steam achievements would sometimes not work, and I had one crash-to-desktop, but that's it. Some proper QA should do the job. Right? Maybe?