Avatar image for theegravedigger
TheeGravedigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheeGravedigger

I'm thinking about getting a portable system, and I'm having trouble deciding which I'd actually enjoy more.

For a while, I was happy with gaming on my iphone when I was mobile, and my systems when I'm at home. I'm pretty platform agnostic, using Mac, Windows, Linux, and whatever else comes around. I've got a PS3 that I picked up a few years back that I've been gaming on less and less lately. I've got a Wii U, with a handful of games. I'm enjoying Monster Hunter 3 recently. On the PC, it's a mix of Minecraft, Secret World, and Mechwarrior Online.

I've got a DS, one of the ones from before the DS lite/DSi or whatever. And I've got a PSP, somewhere. I haven't played it in a long time.

I'm tempted to get a Vita for Persona 3 Golden, Disgaea, and a few others. Though looking at the list of PS Vita games, I'm not seeing anything awesome.

I'm tempted to get a 3DS XL, there's a few games on it that interest me. Luigi's Mansion 2, Monster Hunter 3, The Layton Games, the Zelda remake, etc. Oh, and Fire Emblem.

Looking at the list though, I'm beginning to question if there's enough games on either platform to really justify getting either, though the 3DS XL seems to be slightly in the lead.

Are there some games I'm overlooking that might shift either system into the must-buy category?

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MedalOfMode

<p>I have both. I'm used VITA last month. But i'm writing this reply from 3DS :)</p><p>If you don't like Painting, you will love with Art Academy.</p>

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By abendlaender

To be honest I don't think the Vita has a future. If I compare the games coming for 3DS and for Vita it's not even a contest. Also the 3DS has backwards compatability which is great. However the Vita has such a fantastic screen and there are a few great indie games coming + a lot of PS1 games as download. If you want a system right now I'd recommend the 3DS otherwise maybe wait until E3?

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By NoobSauceG7

To be honest I don't think the Vita has a future.

I have to agree with this statement. I have been wanting to get a vita just to play P4G, even though I have it on PS2. So spending almost $300 for one game that I have already played is kinda dumb. Get a 3DS, it actually has games.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

I've got both... The Vita doesn't really have much to offer at the moment other than Persona. The 3DS has some excellent titles, and more on the horizon, so if you're only going to buy one, go with the 3DS XL. And it's a damn shame too, because I think the Vita's hardware & design is exponentially better- they just don't have the games.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you're big into RPGs you almost have to get both. Just buy whatever one appeals to you the most now, then wait a couple years and buy the other one on the cheap to catch up on the games you missed.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

If you have PlayStation Plus, the Vita is fantastic.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@abendlaender said:

I have to agree with this statement. I have been wanting to get a vita just to play P4G, even though I have it on PS2. So spending almost $300 for one game that I have already played is kinda dumb. Get a 3DS, it actually has games.

I agree. I got a Vita for Golden and love it and the hardware but Sony doesn't seem like it's interested in supporting it with games.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@abendlaender said:

18+ new Vita game announcements this month alone, and people are still repeating the same tired old song. It's getting plenty of games, has had sales successes like Retro City Rampage and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, and will have full PS4 integration. It's not going anywhere.

@theegravedigger: I guess it's hard to know what you consider "awesome", but the Vita's true strength increasingly diverse collection of downloadable titles. I'd recommend taking a look at the Vita section of the PSN web store since most Vita games lists just focus on retail titles, and I'm keeping a list of upcoming titles on my blog.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#10 riostarwind  Moderator

Game wise Vita is getting soul sacrifice which seems to be MH like and later this year the new Ys game. Sony also seems to be pushing for a lot of indie titles on the go as well. (Limbo, hopefully Fez)

3DS game wise will have Animal Crossing: New leaf and SMT:Soul hackers coming out this year. Plus the eshop gets a random great game every now and then. (Crashmo) I expect 3DS would be the way to go if you want new games after this year unless Sony somehow gets the Vita out of the ditch it is in. (E3 might show all kinds of vita games hopefully...)

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@blacklagoon: It doesn't matter how many downloadable games or re-releases come out on Vita though because unless they can get good retail system sellers like monster hunter, pokemon, fire emblem, Super Mario, etc. nobody buys the console and no third party development efforts make their way to Vita. All the downloadable games in the world wont convince anyone to pick up a vita in a store. I don't doubt for a second that there are great games on the vita too, but I just don't see big names or big first party games that make me think ''Damn eventually I'm gonna have to buy this for all these games and the future potential of the system.''

The 3DS right now is a safe bet for the future. The bigger the console gets with the likes of monster hunter and pokemon, the better and more diverse games it will get in a year or so and that's ultimately what matters to most.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlackLagoon

@benny said:

The 3DS right now is a safe bet for the future. The bigger the console gets with the likes of monster hunter and pokemon, the better and more diverse games it will get in a year or so and that's ultimately what matters to most.

...and the 3DS can sell as many gazillions of Pokemon and Mario as it wants, that's not going bring a more diverse catalog as long as 3rd party games keep underperforming or outright bombing in the west. Sure, it's doing well in Japan, but that's hardly an advantage when the Vita is getting as many, if not more, 3rd party localizations as the 3DS.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3DS XL has better games, Vita has nicer hardware, neither are worth the money.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By abendlaender

@blacklagoon:

3DS doesn't have a diverse catalog? Yeah, sure.....

Great 18 games got announced, why not name them for the OP? I'M sure he'd like to know about the Vita's upcoming games.

I can say one thing though, if you don't like Nintendo games you don't really need a 3DS cause the best games on the system come from Nin.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cameron

I love my Vita, but only because I have PS+. That provides me with a steady stream of free or cheap games to play. If fact, that's what convinced me to buy the Vita in the first place. I wanted to play P4G, but it was free Wipeout, Uncharted, and Gravity Rush that pushed me over the edge. Just this week Disgaea is free which is amazing.

I think it really comes down to what kind of games you want to play. If you like Nintendo games, then get the 3DS because that's always going to be its main selling point. If you like indie games and weird stuff, get a Vita. I just really wish Nintendo had put good screens and more hardware power in the 3DS. I don't care about 3D and the Vita is just so much more capable.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16  Edited By spiceninja

Just like the last handheld generation all the games that you really want are on DS. This generation is a bit different though, for instance, the Vita has no future.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rafaelfc

The vita is an awesome device, I bought the assassins creed bundle on sale, and have been playing it pretty often as stated above PS+ keeps giving you a steady stream of interesting stuff to play.

The tale that the vita has no games to play is old and dumb at this point, I've got over 10 games I haven't even touched on my system.

That said, I plan on getting a 3ds soon for Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Mario 3d land, 999 and a bunch of other games.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklagoon: Yeah, as opposed to all of those vita third party titles that are doing so well.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Are there some games I'm overlooking that might shift either system into the must-buy category?

LittleBigPlanet on Vita is really awesome. If you like fighting games, it has fantastic versions of Mortal Kombat, Ultimate Marvel 3, and Battle Royale. Sports games like FIFA and MLB are also great on the thing. It has something great from literally every genre. There are also a ton of smaller games that are great like Rocketbirds, Retro City Rampage and Dokuro. Earth Defense Force, Gravity Rush and Golden Abyss are also great games on the system. Then there is the great PSP stuff like Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins and Patapon. Monsters (Probably) Probably Stole My Princess is the best mini on PSN. There are also a crap ton of PS-One games. There is no single killer app for the Vita but what makes it amazing is the diversity of games available for it.

For the 3DS Mario Tennis is pretty good. I also think Mercenaries 3D is fun.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BlackLagoon

@abendlaender said:

Great 18 games got announced, why not name them for the OP? I'M sure he'd like to know about the Vita's upcoming games.

I posted a link to the list I have on my blog page.

@jacksmedulla said:

Yeah, as opposed to all of those vita third party titles that are doing so well.

Ubisoft was apparently happy with the performance of Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation. The Vita version of Retro City Rampage outsold the PS3, XBLA, Steam and WiiWare versions. The Vita version of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath sold more in a week than the PS3 version did in a year. All three developers have either announced, or are rumored to have, more titles coming to the Vita.

Oh, yeah, XSEED was also very happy with the sales of Ragnarok Oddysey, and have announced more titles for the Vita (Ys Celceta, Valhalla Knights 3).

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really will come down to the games you want to play.

I would not sale the vita short it has an ever growing catalog and along with games like hotline Miami, Terraria and Muramasa demon blade coming down the line, you can see the type of content that is starting to show up on the vita. Also you have the PSN's catalog of psp and ps1 games you can throw on your vita to play.

The 3DS is in a high point right now having some solid title hitting back to back of late. Fire Emblem, Luigi's mansion, Monster hunter, Etrain Odyssey IV which are all great . So really it comes down to what games you want to play. I have both and i enjoy both quite a bit. Playing Persona 4 Golden and earning trophies on the vita is pretty awesome, or playing Fire Emblem on a 3ds XL is an enjoying experience on the go or at home.

i_got_an_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my personal dilemma.

I was an early adopter of the 3DS and I really tried hard to hold on but when the joystick attachment came out and I realized how large my hands were in comparison to the handheld...I just had enough of Nintendo's handheld marketing strategy. The new and better version every two years actually infuriates me, and when I saw the Vita I thought, "This is perfectly designed on the first attempt." I jumped ship and I've had a load of great experiences with the Vita since purchasing it. Yes, we're in a dry season right now, but Soul Sacrifice is out in a month and I'm banking on some more releases down the pipeline in the near future. I've had the urge to buy the 3DS XL, but I'm just going to wait our until the definitive version of the handheld is finally released.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

While I don't have a Vita, I do have a 3DS XL and I love it.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Irishdoom

I tend to think about what happened with my PSP. Man, that system looked AWESOME when it came out. Just leagues beyond the handheld Nintendo offerings. Amazing looking graphics, and a nice looking piece of kit overall. When I first picked it up later in it's cycle, I spent a ton of time with Final Fantasy Tactics and Hot Shots Golf. Fast forward 2 years, and I was glad to get $25 for it at Gamestop. I just feel like, with the Vita, Sony has to really PROVE it this time, before I jump in.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I keep seeing those Playstation Plus free games every couple weeks. I'm also debating getting a vita for that feature

TheeGravedigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do have PS+, on my PS3, so that would be a point in favor of the Vita, thanks @gs_dan and @rafaelfc. I've been interested in playing the Persona series for a while, but I'm thinking I might just dig out my PSP, load up the ones from PSN that'll play on it and wait on P4G, though I've been told P4G is the point at which that series really shines. The list of upcoming games in the blog was extremely helpful @blacklagoon, thanks for linking that.

I've got fairly large hands, so the 3DS XL temped me more than the 3DS had, but that whole circle stick pro thing bugs me.

Actually, it reminds me why I stopped using my PSP for any sort of first person game, without that second analog stick, the experience is just kinda unnatural.

Retro City Rampage, I've got it on the PS3, but only played a bit of it. It's one of those games I'd be more likely to play in portable format.

I remember with the DS, getting Mario 64 and having to fight the controls so much. But that was what, 4 hardware revisions ago?

It would be really nice if one of the local stores actually had a 3DS demo station with a working 3DS on it. The Best Buy I visited earlier was lacking one, as was the EB Games. I'd like to actually see how well the 3D works for me, though I think in many ways, the 3D is more of a gimmick to me than a selling point. I think that's the biggest thing holding me back from buying the system, aside from the circle stick pro thing. I find it hard to justify getting a system when the main selling point is a gimmick I don't think I'd really care about.

The Vita demo station was there, and I played a bit of the Retro City Rampage demo on it, and it was solid. It felt good.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Justin258

I'd be happy to jump onto Sony's boat if they would release good games for it. The list that @blacklagoon linked doesn't really have much that I find particularly interesting. If I got a Vita, I just feel like I would permanently leave Persona 4 Golden in the card slot and play PS1 and PSP games on it. And maybe FFX when it comes out.

The 3DS XL, which I just got a hold of a few weeks ago, has games I want but I'm not a huge fan of the way Nintendo handles their consoles. I'm especially against tying purchases to the console instead of to an account. Still, I find myself playing it a whole hell of a lot lately, and I'm really anticipating Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I have both, and I would say go with a 3DS, even though I love my Vita. The difference is that I didn't have a PSP, so I'm also enjoying PSP games on it.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do have PS+, on my PS3, so that would be a point in favor of the Vita

Glad you found the list useful. And, yeah, Plus is a great perk for a Vita owner. Just in case you weren't aware, you don't need to own a Vita to "claim" the current Vita Plus games. You can just add them to your download list from the PS3 or web store now, and have them ready for whenever you buy a Vita.

TheeGravedigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklagoon: Yep, I've been doing that for a bit actually.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had my VITA for a year now and I have barely played much of it. Something about a handheld just doesn't hold my attention like it use to. It has a small pool of very good games though. I'm considering a 3DSXL right now just because of Monster Hunter, which was THE GAME for me on the PSP.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By awesomeusername

@theegravedigger: I would say go for the Vita and give Sony that extra sale which will get us closer to more games on the Vita but I'd understand why you wouldn't want to. I myself own a Vita and not a 3DS. On top of that, I'm not a Nintendo fan anymore. I find Nintendo first party games (like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon) a complete snooze so that makes me biased in this situation. But I love my Vita. I have 10 games on it, one which is a Bejeweled clone and one is a PS1 title. The rest are all retail/indie Vita titles. Then I have about 10 other games on my download list which I have yet to play/finish and I have already finished a couple games like Assassins Creed 3 Liberation, Uncharted, & Gravity Rush (which I absolutely love). So I can safely say I'm happy with my Vita purchase. There isn't much on the full retail game side of things but if you didn't play a lot of PSP/PS1 games like me, you'll want to fill your PSN wallet up and use your Vita to play those games. Also, the amount of indie titles coming to the Vita excites me because they just feel so much better on the Vita compared to the PS3. So if you love indies but have no way of playing them, then I'd say the Vita is the way to go. Plus, the screen is sexy! LOOK!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

By the way, Persona 4 Golden is my first Persona title ever & I absolutely love the shit out of it. I got it 2 weeks ago and am 41 hours in. I would've been playing it more but Bioshock Infinite came out last week and then I borrowed Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance from my friend so I've put it on hold. But it's so good!

I got my Vita on Black Friday back in November so I haven't had it for even half a year but knowing I still have a ton of games I want to get on it/I have because of PS+ makes me a very happy owner. P4G alone would make you glue your eyes to the system. If you plan on getting the PS4 also, then just get one.

I don't know. BUY A VITA!

P.S. DO NOT PLAY Chronovolt! That game is shit! If you get a Vita that is.

P.S.S. You would think the easy answer would be a Vita since you already have a bunch of games for it because of PS+.

P.S.S.S. I'd like to point out the Vita games I've played.

• Playstation All Stars Battle Royale - Which is a good port of the PS3 title.
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - I played a bit and then died at one super hard point and gave up. I'm not an NG fan so eh.
  • When Vikings Attack! - This game feels much better on the Vita and is pretty hectic and fun with friends. (Also on PS3)
  • Gravity Rush - Already said twice I loved this.
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss - A solid Uncharted game for the Vita. Also, SULLY!
  • Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation - Ugh. The gimmicky touch controls are shit, story's pointless and combat isn't great but Assassin's Creed. YAH?!........ No.
  • Chronovolt - SHIT
  • Foosball 2012 - Foosball!
  • Frobisher Says! - Weird little Wario-Ware game. I love it. The $2 DLC adds more mini-games and fun-ness(?).
  • Jet Set Radio - I don't like this game but maybe other people do?
  • Retro City Rampage - It feels MUCH much better on Vita then PS3.
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - A great port of the PS3 title. I played 95% of the game on PS3 but it felt good enough to play entirely on the Vita.
  • Sound Shapes - This games fantastic. What else can I say? It feels much better on Vita. Again.
  • Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - This is a great game. I thought I wouldn't like it but I loved it.
  • Urban Trial Freestyle - Good thing I got this bad Trials wannabe free huh?
  • Wipeout 2048 - This game is HARD when you get to the next year of racing. Or maybe I just SUCK. CAPS!
natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You have to get the Vita. There is plenty of good games such as Persona 4 Golden, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush PS All-Stars, Escape Plan and many more including a whole bunch of PSP titles. Sony are pushing indie developers to port games such as Hotline Miami and Spelunky. You should get a PS Plus subscription as it gives a solid libary of games for free. Plus Vita has a future with the PS4.

You should buy a DS because............. Fire Emblem is pretty good and pokemon might be good??

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

Fire Emblem: Awakening is an incredible game that is a must-play for fans of the genre. So get a 3DS.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

I had a DS and still got a PSP. I sold the DS and regret it still to this day. Well, I had to sell the DS because nobody wanted a pos PSP.

Go with 3DS.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JCGamer

I think there is a back log of good games for both systems that will keep you happy for awhile. But like others are saying, what's the future for the Vita? I'll probably pick one up one day if the price ever drops mainly for the PS4 streaming stuff (hopefully that actually becomes a thing) but I currently love my 3DS.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jazzycola

@natedawg_kz said:

You have to get the Vita. There is plenty of good games such as Persona 4 Golden, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush PS All-Stars, Escape Plan and many more including a whole bunch of PSP titles. Sony are pushing indie developers to port games such as Hotline Miami and Spelunky. You should get a PS Plus subscription as it gives a solid libary of games for free. Plus Vita has a future with the PS4.

You should buy a DS because............. Fire Emblem is pretty good and pokemon might be good??

There is no way to know whether or not that will be true or not. Sony says a lot of things that don't exactly pan out. Not saying it isn't true, but trying to sell someone on something by saying "Well it's going to be good, buy it now and just you wait" is really bad purchasing behavior. As for the games people listing, most of them are on other platforms (and by most I mean 95% of them). There is no way to justify buying a 300 system when you can just buy it now on the things you currently own.

Secondly, there are plenty of other games for the 3DS and you can't get them anywhere else. Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario 3d Land, the new monster hunter(if you're into that sorta thang), Etrian Oddyssey(again if your into that), Kid Icarus, KH Dream Drop, Zelda OoT, Paper Mario, and Mario Kart of course. All of those with the exception of Zelda are only available on 3ds. Edit: Oh and they're out right now. No waiting on this promise that it will come out and be good.

In the end, it comes down to what Will Smith says about his product reviews. Don't ever buy something based on the promise it has in the future, buy it for what it currently is. And as of 3/31/13, the Vita doesn't have much going for it. That may change by the fall or it may get worse, but right now there is no justifying a purchase of a Vita.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By Sooty

lol@people saying Vita is going nowhere, the PSP was also in deadlock for a while, but it ended up getting quite a lot of good games over the years. The Vita will be the same, hopefully more successful.

I'm buying a 3DS XL soon enough for Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem and Pokemon, but very happy with my Vita, have put 40 hours into MvC3 on there alone and many more into Persona 4 Golden. That's more hours than I've spent on my PS3 in the last year or two.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jazzycola: At the end of the day it comes down to the software (well me personally) supporting the platform. I prefer the games that Vita offers rather than titles on the DS and the other 50 same Mario games that will be released.

I think Sony would've learned from their mistakes to not make false promises, especially as they were well beaten this generation. I'm pretty sure they will follow through on the promise of Vita supporting the PS4. But whatever if you don't believe they will then there is still a strong libary of games to play through.

Also according to Sony 86% of Vita users are satisfied with the product, just throwing that out there.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#40  Edited By Kidavenger

I wouldn't have bought my Vita if not for PS+ but now that I have it, I play it a lot more than I had expected and there are more than enough good games to justify it's purchase.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jazzycola

@natedawg_kz said:

@jazzycola:

Also according to Sony 86% of Vita users are satisfied with the product, just throwing that out there.

I laughed at that one. Not that it isn't true, but what a company says about it's own product should be taken with a grain of salt. If we believed that then we'd also believe EA when they said that nearly every player is enjoying Sim City(or whatever quote they said when it all went to shit) or when Microsoft said that there's no problem with the early 360 or Apple when the iphone 4 had antenna issues and they said there was no problem it was the way you hold your phone or Sony when they said that everything was fine when the whole PSN hacking took place. (I could list several other examples even from Sony themselves)

And again on your point of software. It isn't there. Sure it has Persona 4, but it is already out on another platform. Sure it has Retro City Rampage, but there are 3 other platforms that have it too. I'm not saying that Vita doesn't currently have games. I'm just saying that the games it does have do not warrant a purchase of $300 when you can get those same games on one of the platforms you already own. Not to mention the rumblings of a price drop not to far in the future or the rumor of them bundling the PS4 with the Vita.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By natedawg_kz

@jazzycola: Sure, whatever, it's your opinion man.

I recommended the Vita because I'm personally really enjoying it.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who only owns a Vita, I would probably still say get a 3DS just based on the games coming out there. Although I am content with mine just for the fact that I have a massive backlog of stuff I can play on it. I mean it's pretty rad that I own and am making my way through the entire Persona series on it.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jazzycola: Sure, whatever, it's your opinion man.

I recommended the Vita because I'm personally really enjoying it.

Its not an opinion, it's fact.

We have been misled and strung along far too many times to look at what a company says as fact. Fact.

The majority of Vita games that people list as must-haves are on other platforms. Fact.

We don't know if or how the system will be integrated into the PS4. Not to mention if the integration will be even playable. Fact.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jazzycola: You can just calm right down, you are getting carried away here man. Do you have a personal grudge against Sony or something?

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jazzycola: You can just calm right down, you are getting carried away here man. Do you have a personal grudge against Sony or something?

There's nothing angry about it. It's objectively looking at the system and being able to say is this system worth the price. I would've said the same thing about the 3DS after it's price drop 2 years ago.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jazzycola: But you are representing your opinion as a fact. You can't look at a system objectively. Obviously you wouldn't recommend the Vita which is you're opinion, not objective, i would disagree, l think the Vita is totally worth its price. Sure they are many ports but that's great because i don't have time to play all my games at home, Most ports usually support the cross-buy system anyway.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jazzycola

@natedawg_kz: Except if you look at what I wrote I never said anything subjective. I never said that this is the reason why you should get a 3DS or not or even Vita or not. I was rebuking your claims of the Vita and your claims of 3DS not having games itself.

Look at my previous replies it'll say 4 claims:

A) We don't know what the integration will be. Can you tell the future?

B) 3DS has more games on it that are exclusive to that system than the Vita right now. Count the number of titles on the Vita that are only on the Vita and compare that to 3DS.

C) Continuation of previous point. The Vita does not have very many games that are only on that system.

D) Companies lie about statistics or the supposed problem of the system (manipulating is lying). Several historical examples.

None of those are arguing quality of the experience on a vita. None of those are saying that I feel that its that way. I give specific historical examples. None of those say what I think the system will be in the future. Maybe I should've said rebuking your assertions in my previous comment rather than arguing worth. Worth is subjective yes, but objectively looking at the system and saying that factually you are technically in the wrong about the assertions you make about the system.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By natedawg_kz

@jazzycola: I still can't agree but whatever, you win.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like a lot of people like their Vitas but the price of admission is too much for me, at least relative the content available. I'd recommend the 3DS, especially if you're entertaining the possibility of purchasing both handhelds down the line (the Vita's more likely to see a price drop in the near future and those memory cards have to go down in price right?) Also keep in mind that Nintendo's got that XL promotion going right now, which is pretty sweet.