Vito's Game Giveaway #13! Four New Games Added + Redesign!

• 108 results
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

No Caption Provided

Vito's Game Giveaway #12 Winner
Congratulations to Kandycane2029 for winning Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (donated by nintendoeats)! Out of 22 contestants, their username was the one that Random Line Picker chose!

NEW STUFF! IMPORTANT!!!
  • I have received my fifth donation! Props to Kyreo for donating three Steam games. Every contestant will now have the chance to be gifted Left 4 Dead 2, Braid, or Audiosurf. Kyreo is based in the U.S., in case it matters.

• I have added Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (NTSC) for the Xbox 360 from my own collection. I found it to be a great game and want to pass on the experience to others! As far as its condition, I could  tell you that it was a brand new copy and you would believe me.

• Also, any Steam winners will be eligible to win a three-day guest pass for Monday Night Combat, courtesy of crusader8463. It's still very active on the PC, and I had a lot of fun with it on my own and the Luchastaff.

• Redesign is code for me abusing tables to hopefully make things a bit easier to read and understand. Thanks to Flaime and their formatting guide for the help. Let me know if it doesn't work as well as I think and I'll try something else in the future.

• I've been disappointed in the amount of views these have been getting. It seems like more people would be into free games, so please spread word about these contests. Sure, more people means less chance of you winning, but it also means the potential for more donations!

• It won't be for a while, but I will also be hosting Facebook-related contests in the future where anyone that "Likes" this page and comments on the contest story will get an additional entry into the contest (for a total of two entries). It's just a Facebook page where I post links to blogs I write here on Giant Bomb. It won't be updated for a while as I have no time to write currently, but you can go ahead and "Like" it for a head start. These contests will be rare and will be focused on points, such as Microsoft Points and PlayStation Network cards. Doing anything other than commenting on these contests here on Giant Bomb will never be a requirement, and there will never be Facebook-exclusive contests or anything like that. All anyone will get is an additional entry to increase their chances of being randomly selected!

Disclaimer
There is no way for me to really verify who enters, but I'd appreciate it if you only enter if you're actually able to play these games and have interest in them! If something happens to the game during shipping and it doesn't work for some reason, then... oh well! I'm paying for everything, and all you'll have to deal with is minor disappointment. I won't compensate you for that!

I will be doing one of these every week until I run out of games. More games will be added as I beat and lose interest in them or as I receive donations!

Contests will start on Monday at whatever time I start them and end on Saturday at whatever time I end them. I will make a post one hour before the contest is closed.

I will then pick one winner using Random Line Picker and PM them asking for their mailing address (if applicable) and what game they want. The game will be shipped via Priority Mail with a tracking number for your convenience. (If you live in the U.S., that is. If you live anywhere else and want to enter, then you'll get some other kind of shipping speed without a tracking number!) 

All games are currently NTSC. Make sure you research to see if you can actually play the game(s) you're entering for!

Donations
If you have physical copies of games you are no longer interested in that are in good condition (as in, they work), then PM me with what game(s) you would like to donate and I will give you the mailing address you can ship them to. You will be responsible for all shipping costs.  You won't get anything for it, but I will list your name (with a link to your profile) by the game you donate in all future contests that they are available. 

I also obviously accepting digital donations! Just PM me what you would like to donate and I will add it to the next contest.

Available Games (PC)Donated By
 Audiosurf (Steam Gift)Kyreo
 Braid (Steam Gift)Kyreo
 Half-Life 2: Episode One (Steam Gift)rentfn
 Left 4 Dead 2 (Steam Gift)Kyreo
 Portal (Steam Gift)rentfn
 Splinter Cell: Double Agentnintendoeats

Available Games (Xbox 360)Donated By
 Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Vito_Raliffe

How to Play

Tell me your favorite computer-animated film! I recently saw How to Train Your Dragon and Tangled and loved them both!
 Tell me your favorite computer-animated film! I recently saw How to Train Your Dragon and Tangled and loved them both!

Past WinnersGamePlatformDonated By
JohnAsscreamAlan WakeXbox 360Vito_Raliffe
kestrel10mnAssassin's Creed IIXbox 360Vito_Raliffe
zoskiaDead SpacePlayStation 3Vito_Raliffe
nintendoeatsSplinter Cell: ConvictionXbox 360Vito_Raliffe
DarthOniXVIIILeft 4 DeadXbox 360Vito_Raliffe
Daveyo520Assassin's CreedXbox 360Vito_Raliffe
SynthballsMass Effect 2Xbox 360zoskia
MechwingArmy of TwoPlayStation 3nintendoeats
BjornTheUnicornMax PaynePlayStation 2nintendoeats
CaptainCodyJust Cause 2PC(Steam Code)mosdl
 waitwhatHalf-Life 2PC(Steam Gift)rentfn
 Kandycane2029Turning Point: Fall of LibertyPlayStation 3nintendoeats
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Vito's Game Giveaway #12 Winner
Congratulations to Kandycane2029 for winning Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (donated by nintendoeats)! Out of 22 contestants, their username was the one that Random Line Picker chose!

NEW STUFF! IMPORTANT!!!
  • I have received my fifth donation! Props to Kyreo for donating three Steam games. Every contestant will now have the chance to be gifted Left 4 Dead 2, Braid, or Audiosurf. Kyreo is based in the U.S., in case it matters.

• I have added Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (NTSC) for the Xbox 360 from my own collection. I found it to be a great game and want to pass on the experience to others! As far as its condition, I could  tell you that it was a brand new copy and you would believe me.

• Also, any Steam winners will be eligible to win a three-day guest pass for Monday Night Combat, courtesy of crusader8463. It's still very active on the PC, and I had a lot of fun with it on my own and the Luchastaff.

• Redesign is code for me abusing tables to hopefully make things a bit easier to read and understand. Thanks to Flaime and their formatting guide for the help. Let me know if it doesn't work as well as I think and I'll try something else in the future.

• I've been disappointed in the amount of views these have been getting. It seems like more people would be into free games, so please spread word about these contests. Sure, more people means less chance of you winning, but it also means the potential for more donations!

• It won't be for a while, but I will also be hosting Facebook-related contests in the future where anyone that "Likes" this page and comments on the contest story will get an additional entry into the contest (for a total of two entries). It's just a Facebook page where I post links to blogs I write here on Giant Bomb. It won't be updated for a while as I have no time to write currently, but you can go ahead and "Like" it for a head start. These contests will be rare and will be focused on points, such as Microsoft Points and PlayStation Network cards. Doing anything other than commenting on these contests here on Giant Bomb will never be a requirement, and there will never be Facebook-exclusive contests or anything like that. All anyone will get is an additional entry to increase their chances of being randomly selected!

Disclaimer
There is no way for me to really verify who enters, but I'd appreciate it if you only enter if you're actually able to play these games and have interest in them! If something happens to the game during shipping and it doesn't work for some reason, then... oh well! I'm paying for everything, and all you'll have to deal with is minor disappointment. I won't compensate you for that!

I will be doing one of these every week until I run out of games. More games will be added as I beat and lose interest in them or as I receive donations!

Contests will start on Monday at whatever time I start them and end on Saturday at whatever time I end them. I will make a post one hour before the contest is closed.

I will then pick one winner using Random Line Picker and PM them asking for their mailing address (if applicable) and what game they want. The game will be shipped via Priority Mail with a tracking number for your convenience. (If you live in the U.S., that is. If you live anywhere else and want to enter, then you'll get some other kind of shipping speed without a tracking number!) 

All games are currently NTSC. Make sure you research to see if you can actually play the game(s) you're entering for!

Donations
If you have physical copies of games you are no longer interested in that are in good condition (as in, they work), then PM me with what game(s) you would like to donate and I will give you the mailing address you can ship them to. You will be responsible for all shipping costs.  You won't get anything for it, but I will list your name (with a link to your profile) by the game you donate in all future contests that they are available. 

I also obviously accepting digital donations! Just PM me what you would like to donate and I will add it to the next contest.

Available Games (PC)Donated By
 Audiosurf (Steam Gift)Kyreo
 Braid (Steam Gift)Kyreo
 Half-Life 2: Episode One (Steam Gift)rentfn
 Left 4 Dead 2 (Steam Gift)Kyreo
 Portal (Steam Gift)rentfn
 Splinter Cell: Double Agentnintendoeats

Available Games (Xbox 360)Donated By
 Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Vito_Raliffe

How to Play

Past WinnersGamePlatformDonated By
JohnAsscreamAlan WakeXbox 360Vito_Raliffe
kestrel10mnAssassin's Creed IIXbox 360Vito_Raliffe
zoskiaDead SpacePlayStation 3Vito_Raliffe
nintendoeatsSplinter Cell: ConvictionXbox 360Vito_Raliffe
DarthOniXVIIILeft 4 DeadXbox 360Vito_Raliffe
Daveyo520Assassin's CreedXbox 360Vito_Raliffe
SynthballsMass Effect 2Xbox 360zoskia
MechwingArmy of TwoPlayStation 3nintendoeats
BjornTheUnicornMax PaynePlayStation 2nintendoeats
CaptainCodyJust Cause 2PC(Steam Code)mosdl
 waitwhatHalf-Life 2PC(Steam Gift)rentfn
 Kandycane2029Turning Point: Fall of LibertyPlayStation 3nintendoeats
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this looked much better in blog form. >:(

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By crusader8463
@Vito_Raliffe: Looks good to me, but ya I hate how the formatting changes once you submit it. Oh, and tons of people still playing Monday Night Combat. I play every few days.

As for your question, hard to say. When I was like 6 my favourite was Bambi. Through the years I fell in love with the Goof Troop movie, Aladdin, Lion King, The Jungle Book and a couple other I can't think of.

If by chance I win I want Enslaved. Wish it was for PS3, but I would be willing to dust off my 360 for a free game. =)

EDIT:Since you changed it to be 3D movie and not just animated movie, I guess any of the Pixar ones. They didn't start doing 3D until after I was in my teens, so sadly I don't have as much affection for them as I do the old Disney hand drawn stuff I grew up on.
abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By abdo

It would have to be Shrek.

Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By RelentlessKnight

The Iron Giant 

Enslaved Please
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463: Good to know Monday Night Combat is still popular on the PC! I edited my post to reflect this. And it was always supposed to be a computer-animated movie, but it took me several tries to get my image caption to appear right. :(  I still need to see a bunch of Disney's older work, as I didn't watch many of their movies when I was younger. I need to watch The Lion King again for sure!
TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoLines

I just gotta go with Wall-e. It's just fantastic.

EDIT: Do we say the names of the game? Umm.. Audiosurf please!
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By melcene
I like the format... although it took me a little while to find the part that said exactly what we were supposed to post about this time.

If we're talking full-length feature film, I would have to say WALL-E, with Kung Fu Panda in 2nd.
If you include shorts, I would say Geri's Game.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

Enslaved, please! :)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#10  Edited By BeachThunder

Wall-e?

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Either Iron Giant or How To Train Your Dragon.

For the latter, they hired cinematographer Roger Deakins, so not only does it look gorgeous, but the story is strong a hell. Very simple, you but find yourself caring for all the major players very quickly.

I can't even begin to describe my love for Iron Giant. It's affecting without being cloying, perfectly paced and has great characters and looks. Brad Bird is fantastic. Disclaimer: The giant was computer generated.

Edit: The only game I don't have is double-agent, so should I win, that would be smashing.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By ch3burashka

There's a hell of a lot of them for sure, but I must choose the first Shrek (not those 3 subsequent abominations). I loved that movie so damn much, I could (and probably still can) quote line by line. Some people say it's a shallow pop-culture-referencing suckfest, but I think that regardless of any references, it's still a fun movie with plenty of heart and soul. Also, Eddie Murphy.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman

I like the format; it's a bit cleaner.

My favorite animated film? The original Toy Story. No doubt.

I'd like Enslaved in the case that I win.
Pickingwings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pickingwings

Definitely have to choose Toy Story, though Toy Story 3 was pretty good too.
If I could win Left 4 Dead 2 that would be great.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By ZombiePie

Tables are so beautiful in the white version of Giant Bomb. Best of luck everyone!

HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By HereAllDay

Have to say Toy Story 3 almost made me cry right at the end. (Trying for HL2E1)

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By ez123

Toy Story! Shrek and UP are my other favorites.  I'd like Enslaved.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By yoshimitz707
@ZombiePie: White version GB shouldn't exist! Stop using an abomination!

My favourite would have to be Toy Story 3 at this point.
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toy Story!
I'd like L4D2.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King

Does Avatar count? If not, then I'll just say Toy Story and hope that I actually win.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By nintendoeats

I like the new look, though it does get a bit long.

Hmm, to be honest CGI films never take advantage of the format in the ways that I would like to see. I guess Waking Life doesn't really count, so I'm going with Up. Or MGS IV. Yeah, that makes sense.

Enslaved waaaaaaant.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By ZombiePie
@yoshimitz707:  The borders for tables are impossible to see in the black version of Giant Bomb. As a mod I have to constantly edit some very..."important" tables let's just say.
T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By T0mF5

It is a tough choice, but I would have to go with Toy Story 3.

Thanks for the chance of getting a free game. If I win I would like Enslaved.
Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By Commisar123

hmmm probablly Finding Nemo

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nintendoeats said:
" I like the new look, though it does get a bit long.
Yeah, I think I'm going to make a separate blog post with the rules and just link to that from now on.
yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By yoshimitz707
@ZombiePie: Whatever helps you sleep at night, man.
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By conker

Toy Story 3 without a doubt!

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HS21

A Bug's Life dawg!

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RedRoach

In recent memory it would have to be How to Train Your Dragon, but nothing can beat the classics like Lion King.

If I do win, I'd really like to try Enslaved, L4D2 would be pretty sweet too.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By JJWeatherman
@ZombiePie said:
" @yoshimitz707:  The borders for tables are impossible to see in the black version of Giant Bomb. As a mod I have to constantly edit some very..."important" tables let's just say. "
I think that may be an issue with your monitor. I can see the boarders just fine on either. Look into that.
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That I can think of at the moment.... I would say UP.
I would really love to win Enslaved :D

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Jonah A veggie tales movie.

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

toy story 3, absolutely.

enslaved being what im going for
DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By DougQuaid

Up!

Damn it! it's so touching! 'gets me every time.
luchadeer797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By luchadeer797

Wall-E is definitely my favorite.

Toy Story 3 and the Iron Giant are in a close second though.
Hoping for Enslaved.
uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By uniform

Ratatouille

Avatar image for diablochicken14
diablochicken14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#37  Edited By diablochicken14

I think mine has to be the original Toy Story.  Good memories and good times.

Also, Enslaved just in case. :)
JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By JCTango

My favourite animated film is ... if I have to choose.. The Incredibles.  If I didn`t have to pick one, I`d pick all the Pixar films :).  They`re great!

Cars, Wall-E, Ratatouille, man.. there are too many lol.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By teptom

It has to be either Toy Story or Toy Story 3.

streetninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By streetninja

I really haven't seen to many animated movies since I was a kid, but I saw Wall-E last year and really enjoyed it. If this was expanded to animation of any kind, then I might say Grave of the Fireflies.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By X19

Kiwi! by Madyeti47. It's short but has a great message and always makes me a bit tearful at the end.

Have a watch and see what you think :)

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By hinderk

Favorite computer animated film is probably  Ratatouille.

If I win I would like enslaved.
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Wall-e

Enslaved for me. 
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CL60

Wall-E

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45  Edited By drac96

My favorite computer animated film is Toy Story 3. The other two are excellent also, bit there's something about Toy Story 3.

Enslaved for me, if I win.
ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By ssj4raditz

Bolt

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By Claude

Finding Nemo...loved that movie. I'll take Enslaved or the Steam stuff. Awesome.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By Skald

Wall-e, followed by How to Train Your Dragon.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#49  Edited By bed

my favorite computer animated film was Toy Story , and then 3 came out and totally blew that away.
despite me seeing the movie in the awful 3D, it was an unforgettable experience. seriously, the 3D was totally pointless. it was only used for background stuff, and watching the movie in 3D when there was no 3D going on was a total pain. anyhow, Toy Story 3 was a superb film. it had all the charm, characters, humor and superb animation that i could ever want from a movie. the story is fun and the humor is for everyone-- which is exactly what i want in a film. as much as i enjoy immature sex jokes, Toy Story 3 had me laughing the entire time, ESPECIALLY THE MR.POTATO HEAD TORTILLA PART. 

what up y'all  
what up y'all  
not to mention the ending almost had me in tears. they're just TOYS, but Toy Story is something i grew up with and as weird as it sounds, i kind of felt like i was growing up with Andy. 

man, that was more than i ever thought to write. o-o
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Toy Story 2!

I'd sure like to play that Enslaved game!