Vito's Game Giveaway #25-Bonus Airplane Edition!

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

Edit: Contest closed! Feel free to participate in Vito's Game Giveaway #24, which runs until Saturday, July 2nd.

No Caption Provided

Sup, duders! So I'm currently thousands of feet in the air on my way back to North Carolina after visiting the Whiskey Media office to watch the Happy Hour in person, and upon discovery that this will be my first* (see below) flight with wireless Internet, have decided to give away $20 worth of Microsoft Points (U.S. only. Does not work on Canadian accounts), PSN monies (U.S. accounts only), or Steam monies (everyone)! In regards to Steam, the winner will choose their item(s) and I'll gift it to them. The winner of this contest will choose which of the three prizes they want when I PM them.

Anyone who watched the Whiskey Media Happy Hour live and in person yesterday (as in, we met) will have their entry counted twice for this contest. If you don't want to post that you were there, you can PM me. Please don't try and trick me!

You have until the plane lands to enter. Seeing as I'm flying to the opposite side of the country, you have a few hours.

To be eligible, tell me the nicest flying experience you've ever had, whether anything special happened or not. Haven't flown? Just say so and you will still be eligible.

Keep in mind that Vito's Game Giveaway #24 is currently running until Saturday, July 2nd. You may enter both contests!

I'm a bit wary about posting on a site called Giant Bomb while on an airplane, but... video games!

On a side note, everyone I met at Whiskey Media was super cool and nice. I also want to give special thanks to Ethan for being so helpful.

Everything above is all you need to enter. The rest of this post is pure self-indulgence.

Though, there is a way to obtain five entries into Vito's Game Giveaway #26 below. See the first paragraph under the dotted line.

--------------------

*It's actually my second time trying to host this contest. I tried to do this on my way to San Francisco, but... things didn't work out. The following is what I wrote on paper on my way there. I'm posting this so I don't feel like I wasted a bunch of time, and maybe it'll be entertaining? Also, there will be a question at the end of the post. The first person to answer it correctly will get five total entries into Vito's Game Giveaway #26, as opposed to the usual one entry.

"Sup, duders! So I'm currently thousands of feet in the air on my way to San Francisco for the Whiskey Media Happy Hour tomorrow, and--upon discovery that this will be my first flight with wireless Internet--have decided to give away $10 worth of Microsoft Points, PSN monies, or Steam monies (winner's choice!). In regards to Steam, the winner will choose their item(s) and I will gift it to them. You have until the plane lands to enter. Seeing as I'm flying from the opposite side of the country, you have a few hours. To enter, tell me the nicest flying experience you've ever had, whether anything special happened or not. Haven't flown? Just say so and you will still be eligible.
Keep in mind that Vito's Game Giveaway #24 is currently running until Saturday. You may enter both contests!
Also, I'm a bit wary about posting on a site called Giant Bomb while on a plane, but... video games!
----
Well, that didn't work out! After writing all of this on a piece of paper so I could easily type it up, I discovered that the laptop was dead. I then went on my 3DS and paid the wireless fee ($9!), only to remember that I just recently started using KeePass, and that I don't know any of my passwords. All of that information was on the USB stick I brought with me, which I can't use at the moment. All of this occurred a few minutes ago. What's probably going to happen now is that I will copy this over to a Notepad document, make sure that my laptop is actually charged, and host the contest on my way back to North Carolina. I MUST GIVE SOMETHING AWAY WHILE FLYING."
Yep, that's totally what's happening. Or I'm assuming so, since I'm still actually writing this on a piece of paper on my way to San Francisco. I'm also assuming Vito's Game Giveaway #24 will be running alongside this, which you can check out here. Wait, how do you link something on a piece of paper again? Future Vito: No worries, brah--I got you covered. Wait, is that really future Vito, or is it present Vito since I'm still writing this on the way to San Francisco? Or is it past Vito since if I'm typing this it must be the future which is my future present? Ahhhhhhh
Anyway, to recap, tell me the nicest flying experience you've had to enter (or just say you haven't flown if you haven't).
I hope Past Paper Vito and Future Computer Vito interacting with each other wasn't too confusing.
Oh, and I wish the people I'm sitting between would stop being nosy and staring at my paper (we're on page three, by the way).
OK, we're done. Unless Future Vito chooses to add something.
Future Vito: Nope!
Psyche, that was still what will be known to us as Past Vito. He really needs to learn when to stop writing.

OK, you have to the the first person to answer both of these questions correctly to gain five entries into Vito's Game Giveaway #26: How much was the prize money increased by, and how many 'h's were in the "Ah" bit?

Edit: FancySoapsMan won the five entries thingy. No need to answer anymore (though you can if you want, of course. Cheaters).

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edit: Contest closed! Feel free to participate in Vito's Game Giveaway #24, which runs until Saturday, July 2nd.

No Caption Provided

Sup, duders! So I'm currently thousands of feet in the air on my way back to North Carolina after visiting the Whiskey Media office to watch the Happy Hour in person, and upon discovery that this will be my first* (see below) flight with wireless Internet, have decided to give away $20 worth of Microsoft Points (U.S. only. Does not work on Canadian accounts), PSN monies (U.S. accounts only), or Steam monies (everyone)! In regards to Steam, the winner will choose their item(s) and I'll gift it to them. The winner of this contest will choose which of the three prizes they want when I PM them.

Anyone who watched the Whiskey Media Happy Hour live and in person yesterday (as in, we met) will have their entry counted twice for this contest. If you don't want to post that you were there, you can PM me. Please don't try and trick me!

You have until the plane lands to enter. Seeing as I'm flying to the opposite side of the country, you have a few hours.

To be eligible, tell me the nicest flying experience you've ever had, whether anything special happened or not. Haven't flown? Just say so and you will still be eligible.

Keep in mind that Vito's Game Giveaway #24 is currently running until Saturday, July 2nd. You may enter both contests!

I'm a bit wary about posting on a site called Giant Bomb while on an airplane, but... video games!

On a side note, everyone I met at Whiskey Media was super cool and nice. I also want to give special thanks to Ethan for being so helpful.

Everything above is all you need to enter. The rest of this post is pure self-indulgence.

Though, there is a way to obtain five entries into Vito's Game Giveaway #26 below. See the first paragraph under the dotted line.

--------------------

*It's actually my second time trying to host this contest. I tried to do this on my way to San Francisco, but... things didn't work out. The following is what I wrote on paper on my way there. I'm posting this so I don't feel like I wasted a bunch of time, and maybe it'll be entertaining? Also, there will be a question at the end of the post. The first person to answer it correctly will get five total entries into Vito's Game Giveaway #26, as opposed to the usual one entry.

"Sup, duders! So I'm currently thousands of feet in the air on my way to San Francisco for the Whiskey Media Happy Hour tomorrow, and--upon discovery that this will be my first flight with wireless Internet--have decided to give away $10 worth of Microsoft Points, PSN monies, or Steam monies (winner's choice!). In regards to Steam, the winner will choose their item(s) and I will gift it to them. You have until the plane lands to enter. Seeing as I'm flying from the opposite side of the country, you have a few hours. To enter, tell me the nicest flying experience you've ever had, whether anything special happened or not. Haven't flown? Just say so and you will still be eligible.
Keep in mind that Vito's Game Giveaway #24 is currently running until Saturday. You may enter both contests!
Also, I'm a bit wary about posting on a site called Giant Bomb while on a plane, but... video games!
----
Well, that didn't work out! After writing all of this on a piece of paper so I could easily type it up, I discovered that the laptop was dead. I then went on my 3DS and paid the wireless fee ($9!), only to remember that I just recently started using KeePass, and that I don't know any of my passwords. All of that information was on the USB stick I brought with me, which I can't use at the moment. All of this occurred a few minutes ago. What's probably going to happen now is that I will copy this over to a Notepad document, make sure that my laptop is actually charged, and host the contest on my way back to North Carolina. I MUST GIVE SOMETHING AWAY WHILE FLYING."
Yep, that's totally what's happening. Or I'm assuming so, since I'm still actually writing this on a piece of paper on my way to San Francisco. I'm also assuming Vito's Game Giveaway #24 will be running alongside this, which you can check out here. Wait, how do you link something on a piece of paper again? Future Vito: No worries, brah--I got you covered. Wait, is that really future Vito, or is it present Vito since I'm still writing this on the way to San Francisco? Or is it past Vito since if I'm typing this it must be the future which is my future present? Ahhhhhhh
Anyway, to recap, tell me the nicest flying experience you've had to enter (or just say you haven't flown if you haven't).
I hope Past Paper Vito and Future Computer Vito interacting with each other wasn't too confusing.
Oh, and I wish the people I'm sitting between would stop being nosy and staring at my paper (we're on page three, by the way).
OK, we're done. Unless Future Vito chooses to add something.
Future Vito: Nope!
Psyche, that was still what will be known to us as Past Vito. He really needs to learn when to stop writing.

OK, you have to the the first person to answer both of these questions correctly to gain five entries into Vito's Game Giveaway #26: How much was the prize money increased by, and how many 'h's were in the "Ah" bit?

Edit: FancySoapsMan won the five entries thingy. No need to answer anymore (though you can if you want, of course. Cheaters).

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

best flying experience was flying into Rio de Janeiro for the first time.

I would like $20 PSN please 

oh, and to answer your questions: $10, and 7

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Coombs

Best flying experience I ever had was the one when there were no crying children or loud mouth idiots around me, 
It was quite the peaceful flight, and 2 of the most sexy stewardesses I have ever seen made it all the better. 

Since I'm in Canada, I suppose I'd have to go with the Steam $$$ 

And the prize was increased by $10, 
And there are 7 H's 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

My nicest experience flying was when I transformed into Empyrea, the giant bird from Dragon Quest III. That music rules, just as much as Microsoft Points would. Or maybe Steam stuffs.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FancySoapsMan said:

best flying experience was flying into Rio de Janeiro for the first time. I would like $20 PSN please oh, and to answer your questions: $10, and 7

Yours was the first post in this thread, posted three minutes after my initial post without an "Edited" stamp. You win! Your name will be entered five times into Vito's Game Giveaway #26.

Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Simulacrum

The nicest  flying experience I had was when I flew to LA and back.

Microsoft points please.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ShaggE

I've never flown, but I've jumped pretty high. That was fun. 

MS points would be grand, good sir.

Nigglenummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Nigglenummy

Best flying experience for me was going from Atlanta to Germany like 10 years ago. Inexplicably upgraded to first class. Free foods, reclining seats, those personal tv things with movies and games. I remember watching Executive Decision and it making me a little nervous.

GuardianKnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By GuardianKnux

Best flying experience? That would be when I flew to mexico on a business trip and just before takeoff a flight attendant said "The first person to raise their hand gets moved up to first class!" and I was right there, First class was nice bro! Worst trip was when we lost all cabin pressure and it shot up 40 degrees hotter in like 2 minutes and the plane was shaking like crazy and we had to turn around. Then when we landed it was so shaky that when we hit the runway the pilot almost ran off the runway....... Yeah.....

Also $10 and 7 H's.

Also also, HEY OMG THIS IS BEN A.M. WHO SAT NEXT TO YOU ON THE EPIC COUCH AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TURN CAPSLOCK OFF!!!!!!!!

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By emergency

I have never had a particularly good or bad flying experience. I always have a nice and enjoyable take off and first few minutes followed by endless screaming babies and kickers in the back followed by some wonderful landing views and an excillerating touchdown.

Steam (y)

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By Danteveli

Flying first time back from China to Poland.  I have met my girlfriend on it. She wanted to change seats or something like that. 

I would love some steam $$

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

I have never flown on an airplane

7 h's and 10$, yeah I go with the crowd.

I would like $20 in steam monies.

crimsinf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crimsinf

My nicest flying experience was going to Pasadena for the football national championship game last January. We were on a private chartered flight for the cross-country trip. Also, the best in-flight meal I've ever had.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By zor

I don't really remember my flight experiences, since they usually happen at night time, so i am usually asleep... but i guess that is a nice experience, so i'll go with that.. 

Anywho, Steam stuff would be great, if i win.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Best flying experience? All flying experiences are terrible, but probably the one where I flew Air Canada both to and from Europe, as the result of a booking conflict that forced me to fly a different flight than the rest of my tour group. It was pretty rad. I had my own screen, so I watched Fight Club at like 1 in the morning. Apparently the rest of my group had to watch The Tooth Fairy starring one Vin Diesel. So that was pretty rad.

Probably some steam cash money. Or Microsoft points. We'll see.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By crusader8463

I have never flown, and doubt I ever will. No place I want to go that I need to fly to get there. Steam please.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GuardianKnux said:

Also also, HEY OMG THIS IS BEN A.M. WHO SAT NEXT TO YOU ON THE EPIC COUCH AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TURN CAPSLOCK OFF!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO AWESOOOOOOOOME

Two entries for you!

Also, that plane ride sounds incredibly scary. Dumb planes! (No no no please I didn't mean it plane I'm sorrrry)

falco_eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By falco_eagle

I have never flown but I might fly to California this summer. 

I'll take the Steam points please. 

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#20  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Best flying experiences tend to be the shortest ones, so for me that would be Manchester to Heathrow for a connecting flight. It doesn't take long to get across England.

I'll go for the Steam bux, since I'm international. Have a good flight!

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GuardianKnux: Oh, and look what I found on Ana's Twitter. Proof! -

No Caption Provided
neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By neoepoch

I would say my best flight experience would be on Jetblue watching their kinda ghetto, but at the same time very cool, satellite TV, it sure was better than any other flight.

I'll go for XBLA points. Anywho have fun on the flight.

Mastercheesey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Mastercheesey

Best flying experience

In business class (don't know why) when Samuel Jackson sits behind me and man asks if to say snakes on a plain line. After that all there was, was utter tranquility.

miscrosoft points, I really need trenched.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Haven't flown anywhere, actually.  My mom had a pretty great time heading off to Florida for a vacation once, though, meeting up with her father's old army buddies for a reunion.  

Edit: And Microsoft points are really the only thing I'd use.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neoepoch said:

Anywho have fun on the flight.

I am! Starting this contest was a great idea, as it gives me something to do which makes the flight seem shorter.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#26  Edited By SMTDante89

I haven't flown before. Never had to go somewhere that wasn't within a few hours from here so I could go in a car. Maybe someday and maybe when I'm not so afraid of heights. And I'll take the steak over the fish.

I'll take the PSN money.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By neoepoch

@Vito_Raliffe said:

@neoepoch said:

Anywho have fun on the flight.

I am! Starting this contest was a great idea, as it gives me something to do which makes the flight seem shorter.

Yea, actually having internet on a flight seems like one of the best "innovations" known to man. I mean the TV was good, but being able to get on the net would kill boredom and time even faster.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#28  Edited By BeachThunder

Steam monies.

Also, I can't think of a particularly good flying experience, other than just looking out the window at everything from a distance...and fluffy clouds :3

Amilmitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Amilmitt

Only flying experience i remember, Chewing gum to stop my ears from popping and having lackluster airplane food. i don't even remember where we were going, memories a bit hazy.

Steam Moneys.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Coombs
@Mastercheesey said:

Best flying experience

In business class (don't know why) when Samuel Jackson sits behind me and man asks if to say snakes on a plain line. After that all there was, was utter tranquility.

miscrosoft points, I really need trenched.

For this statement I hope you win, and if you do win
We must play Trenched :P
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mastercheesey said:

Best flying experience

Did he do it? :O

@BeachThunder said:

...and fluffy clouds :3

So fluffy!

Anyway, more like two and half hours instead of three. Everyone has TEN MINUTES left to enter.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dungbootle

I went to Disneyworld in Florida when I was 7. The most memorable thing was how my ears popped. 

I'd like Steam things.

GuardianKnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33  Edited By GuardianKnux

@Vito_Raliffe: Yeah I saw that. We shoulda gotten a good real group photo, but we all kinda left a little too fast hahaha

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contest closed! Sorry, everyone, but the plane is going to be landing soon and the laptop will need to be off. Any posts after this will not be counted.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@Vito_Raliffe: Yay :3
Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Choffy

Easily the nicest flying experience I've ever had was when I sat in the exit row. Seriously, so much freaking leg room it was unbelievable. But I was punished for my good luck by having the bathroom be right behind me on the flight home; I couldn't recline or anything.

Long story short, I hate flying.

streetninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By streetninja

I guess the best flying experience I have was when I was about 3 or 4 years old. My father used to do some work for an airline company and we all flew first class to Colorado. I remember my brother and I got free ice cream sundays for the duration of the flight. 

I guess I'll go for the $20 on Steam.