• 106 results
Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5425 posts) -
Vito's Game Giveaway #31
How to Play: Tell me what your favorite action movie is. Be sure to tell me what game you want! You have until Thursday, July 28th. 

I. Disclaimer

II. Donations

III. Past Winners 

Vito's Game Giveaway #28! 8 More Games + Bonus Audiosurf Contest! Winners
Congratulations to baconbringer for winning Puzzle Agent (donated by YoungFrey)! Out of 33 contestants, their username was the one Random Line Picker chose!
Congratulations to l337W422102 for winning Audiosurf (donated by Kyreo)! Out of 9 contestants, their username was the one Random Line Picker chose!

Vito's Game Giveaway: Bastion Edition Winner
Congratulations to ShaggyChu for winning Bastion (donated by me)!

New Games!
I've received my 21st donation! Thanks for ssj4raditz for donating five PS3 games and three Xbox 360 games! All games have been tested and work, and everything (instruction books, cases, discs) are in great condition! Check the PS3 and Xbox 360 sections (haven't had those in a while) below to see what they are. All games are NTSC, so figure it out for yourself whether you can play the game or not.
I've received my 22nd donation! Thanks to Little_Socrates for donating his Steam copy of the Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World bundle

Xbox 360 (NTSC)Donated By 
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (3/5 from Vinny!)ssj4raditz
John Woo presents Stranglehold (Collector's Edition)ssj4raditz
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sandsssj4raditz

PlayStation 3 (NTSC)Donated By
LEGO Batman: The Videogamessj4raditz
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventuresssj4raditz
Star Wars: The Force Unleashedssj4raditz
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.ssj4raditz
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdomssj4raditz

PCDonated By
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity (Steam GIft)rentfn
Audiosurf (Steam Gift)Sjosz
Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World bundle (Steam Gift)Little_Socrates
Cogs (Steam Gift)Sjosz
Half-Life bundle - Half-LifeHalf-Life: Opposing ForceHalf-Life: Blue ShiftRicochetDeathmatch ClassicHalf-Life 2: DeathmatchHalf-Life: Counter-Strike (Steam Gift). TMThomsen
Nimbus (Steam Gift)Rockanomics
Portal (Steam Gift)Rockanomics
Portal (Steam Gift)grant742
The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure (GoG Gift)ArbitraryWater
Toki Tori (Steam Gift)rentfn
#1 Edited by CharlesAlanRatliff (5425 posts) -
Vito's Game Giveaway #31
How to Play: Tell me what your favorite action movie is. Be sure to tell me what game you want! You have until Thursday, July 28th. 

I. Disclaimer

II. Donations

III. Past Winners 

Vito's Game Giveaway #28! 8 More Games + Bonus Audiosurf Contest! Winners
Congratulations to baconbringer for winning Puzzle Agent (donated by YoungFrey)! Out of 33 contestants, their username was the one Random Line Picker chose!
Congratulations to l337W422102 for winning Audiosurf (donated by Kyreo)! Out of 9 contestants, their username was the one Random Line Picker chose!

Vito's Game Giveaway: Bastion Edition Winner
Congratulations to ShaggyChu for winning Bastion (donated by me)!

New Games!
I've received my 21st donation! Thanks for ssj4raditz for donating five PS3 games and three Xbox 360 games! All games have been tested and work, and everything (instruction books, cases, discs) are in great condition! Check the PS3 and Xbox 360 sections (haven't had those in a while) below to see what they are. All games are NTSC, so figure it out for yourself whether you can play the game or not.
I've received my 22nd donation! Thanks to Little_Socrates for donating his Steam copy of the Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World bundle

Xbox 360 (NTSC)Donated By 
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (3/5 from Vinny!)ssj4raditz
John Woo presents Stranglehold (Collector's Edition)ssj4raditz
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sandsssj4raditz

PlayStation 3 (NTSC)Donated By
LEGO Batman: The Videogamessj4raditz
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventuresssj4raditz
Star Wars: The Force Unleashedssj4raditz
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.ssj4raditz
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdomssj4raditz

PCDonated By
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity (Steam GIft)rentfn
Audiosurf (Steam Gift)Sjosz
Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World bundle (Steam Gift)Little_Socrates
Cogs (Steam Gift)Sjosz
Half-Life bundle - Half-LifeHalf-Life: Opposing ForceHalf-Life: Blue ShiftRicochetDeathmatch ClassicHalf-Life 2: DeathmatchHalf-Life: Counter-Strike (Steam Gift). TMThomsen
Nimbus (Steam Gift)Rockanomics
Portal (Steam Gift)Rockanomics
Portal (Steam Gift)grant742
The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure (GoG Gift)ArbitraryWater
Toki Tori (Steam Gift)rentfn
#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19344 posts) -

I guess my favorite action movie would be The Matrix. 

I'd want A Reckless Disregard for Gravity.

#3 Posted by 71Ranchero (2771 posts) -

Waterworld. So underrated, if you disregard how much it was to film and just think of it as Mad Max on water its great. 

Force Unleashed.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'll say that my favorite action movie would be V for Vendetta. On that note, why hasn't their been a Batman crossover for this guy? V for Vendetta's popular, it and Batman both fall under DC ownership, and it would make thematic sense, so why the hell not? Hell, I'd even go for some cool fan art.....Oh, right. That Prince of Persia game.

#5 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Props to ssj4raditz for the donations!

My favorite action movie? I think I'll go with Cobra. There really are too many though.

I'd be super happy to play Stranglehold should I win. :D

#6 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

oh man favorite action movie?? Rocky 4!!! 

I'd like to win me some audio surf.

#7 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Does Scott Pilgrim qualify as an action movie? If not I'll say District 9.

I'd like Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for the 360 :)

Fingers crossed!

#8 Edited by BeachThunder (11948 posts) -

Not sure, but District 9 was the first thing that came to mind.

Edit: I'm changing my prize from BoD7/CStW to Cogs

#9 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

My favorite action movie might be The Killer, one of Bourne movies as well.
I would love to win Stranglehold

#10 Posted by JCTango (1362 posts) -

My favourite action movie would also have to be The Matrix :D.

I would like Audiosurf, please! =)

#11 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

It's all about Independance Day. Welcome to earth! 

Breath of Death/Cthulu please :)

#12 Posted by liquidmatt (230 posts) -

Armageddon gets my vote, can't ever have enough Bruce Willis in your life! 

It's vague but any of the PS3 games or the Half-Life pack, I'm desperate to play something new!

#13 Posted by BackupPanic (115 posts) -

Of recent years, it'd definitely have to be Taken . . . though nothing beats Army Of Darkness, if we're talking of-all-time here.

I'd kindly appreciate Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands if I happen to win.

#14 Posted by JoeyRavn (4974 posts) -

Die Hard is my absolute favorite movie ever. I watch it at least twice per year, and that's twice the amount of other movies I watch per year! It has action, comedy, romance and Bruce Willis. What's not to love?

If I win, I'd like to have either Audiosurf, Cogs or the BoD/CStW bundle. I have all the other games on Steam, and NTSC games won't work on my PAL console :P

#15 Posted by kuz101 (209 posts) -

Definitely Die Hard. Yippie ki-yay Motherfucker.  

I would love the opportunity to win Prince of Persia.

#16 Posted by Deusx (1905 posts) -

hmmm favourite action movie... I'd have to say Hobo with a Shotgun! Tha movie is so over the top. 

I would love me some Half-Life pack! :D Thanks for the chance and everyone for their donations!!

#17 Posted by Zaapp1 (658 posts) -

I like District 9 myself.

DragonBall Z: Burst Limit please.

#18 Edited by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Leon : The Professional. Probably the best movie of its type ever made.

Breath of Death/Cthulhu

#19 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: I had roughly the same reaction to the topic, Though it's not my personal favorite movie ever, that's not Die Hard's fault, as it's one of the perfect films (the only other perfect film that comes to mind is Wall Street, though there are some others,) but rather that action movies just aren't as much my thing as some other genres. That said, Die Hard is still one of my favorite films, and I try to spread the love as often as possible.

If I win, I think I'm chasing that copy of The Force Unleashed. Also, vaguely satisfied by the number of people who are wanting the BoDVII/CSTW bundle I donated. If that trend remains the same, I might donate a couple more copies.

#20 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -
#21 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -

The Matrix. Pretty generic answer, but the story of that movie blew me away and I just dont fell like anything has topped it ever since. The Matrix Reloaded is a close second, though. Best chase scene ever. 
If I win I would like John Woo's Stranglehold. 

Thanks

#22 Posted by Khann (2852 posts) -

Last Action Hero without a doubt. Watched that movie so many times.

Temple of Elemental Evil by the way.

#23 Posted by RWL_MU_OSU (112 posts) -
#24 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Ronin is my favorite action movie.

I guess out of all those I'd take Lego Indiana Jones.

#25 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -

Terminator 2 is one of my favorite movies ever. i've seen it countless times and i never, ever get tired of watching the truck / motorcycle chase scene. 

a reckless disregard for gravity please! 

#26 Posted by c_rakestraw (853 posts) -

Die hard. The only right answer.

I'd like the Half-Life bundle.

#27 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

My favorite is probably 300. It's just so manly, ya know?

I'd like Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit please.

#28 Posted by Terry_Bogard (303 posts) -

The Fast and Furious movies. I can't pick a specific one though.  

Forgotten Sands.

#29 Edited by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

The Half Life bundle sounds sweet!

#30 Posted by Danteveli (1186 posts) -

There is nothing like Die Hard .
I will go for Nimbus.

#31 Edited by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I'd say The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, though I'm not sure if it counts as an action movie. 

I'd like the Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World bundle please.

#32 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6199 posts) -

I'd say The Dark Knight.

And as far as the game, Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands looks pretty awesome.

#33 Posted by Awcko (52 posts) -

I love me some Die Hard, it is scientifically proven to be the perfect action movie, after all!

I'd like to get my hands on the Breath of Death/Cthulhu bundle, kind sir.

#34 Posted by Djstyles92 (952 posts) -

Scott Pilgrim vs The World!  Id like Prince of persia the forgotten sands please

#35 Posted by crunchmonkey (258 posts) -

Terminator 2, duh. I've seen it more times than any other movie.

I'd like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed if I win.

#36 Posted by waitwhat (251 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:

Leon : The Professional.

#37 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

Die Hard 1. Fantastic movie with Alan Rickman portraying an incredible baddie and Bruce Willis in an iconic hero role. Also, Carl Winslow.  

I think if I win, I would like Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit. 

#38 Posted by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

I think mine in recent years has to be Crank, watched it a few times and something about Jason Statham hopped up on "that Chinese shit" that makes him just keep going like the Energizer bunny is just damn sweet. 

As for the game... I honestly don't see anything that I want that I don't already have... well fuck,  why hasn't anyone donated Dredmor? ;_;

#39 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Man on Fire. More thriller than action, yet it's utterly amazing.

I'd like some Prince of Persia k thx bai.

#40 Posted by SPCTRE (212 posts) -
Cloverfield, if you can count that as an action-movie. Otherwise, I'd say The Rock.

Half-Life Bundle <3
#41 Posted by FinalDasa (1755 posts) -

Black Hawk Down

Its runs a bit long but I guess since I read the book I really get into it.

Burst Limit if I happen to win please.

Moderator Online
#42 Posted by translucentfish (127 posts) -

Minority Report, if that counts as an action movie. If not, then the Bourne movies.

SW: Force Unleashed.

#43 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

All Jackie chan movies, Mainly Legend of the drunken master!

Lego Batman for ps3 please!

#44 Posted by Amilmitt (237 posts) -

HANNA, for my action movie, most recent one ive seen. it was enjoyable.
Half Life bundle.

#45 Posted by Rated_R_Superstar (40 posts) -

I can't pick a favorite one man. I'm too big of a movie guy to have one favorite. So I'll tell you ones I've seen the most instead. I've seen 80's/90's Jean-Claude Van Damme movies & the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies the most. I was the hugest Turtles nut as a kid so back then that was one of my fav movies ever. Especially cause it had Casey Jones in it which was my fav charecter.  

I'd like to try for The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure again please.
#46 Posted by Mento (2548 posts) -

Clearly Die Hard, though I'd be equally okay with any 80s Arnie.

Temple of Elemental Evil.

#47 Posted by altairre (1192 posts) -

Scott Pilgrim vs the World because I absolutely love the weirdness and the videogameness. Great music and action sequences too.

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

#48 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

I'm going to have to go with Die Hard. It's a classic. I'll play for Prince of Persia.

#49 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

Either The Expendables or Transformers. Transformers is my opinion, don't attack me! Anyways, I'd like Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. please. Thanks for the giveaway and for those who donate games.

#50 Posted by FateOfNever (1839 posts) -

That's difficult.  I'm not sure I could just throw down "eh, this is my favorite action movie, you know, whatevs."  There are so many good action movies out there after all.  I rather like Hot Fuzz, I don't even know how many times I've watched it.  But, after having just watched From Dusk Till Dawn and Pulp Fiction back to back, I might have to just say "Things done by Quentin Tarantino."  Not that Pulp Fiction is really an action movie, mind you, but From Dusk Till Dawn is fantastic, as are the Kill Bill movies, Reservoir Dogs, etc.  They're really not the best action movies ever made or anything, but I absolutely love watching his movies.  Hopefully that counts as an answer.

As for the game, looks like there are some tough choices to be made between games once more for me.  My heart says DBZ, but my mind tells me Prince of Persia.  Eh, what the hell, throw my name in there for Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.