wait, did Ryan Davis not Include Dragon Age?!

• 78 results
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ryanwho

He was pretty clear in his opening he could only speak for the games he actually played. I would think spending 4 minutes qualifying his video so carefully would prevent stupid threads like this.

kuwabaratheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By kuwabaratheman
@JDMan1313 said:
" DA:O will probably end up being a "2010's 2009 game of the year" contender, seeing as most of the staff will probably end up playing it next year like they did with fallout 3 and Fable II. "
That seems pretty likely. All three finalists this year were lengthy RPGs released at the end of 2008 (Persona 4, Fable II, Fallout 3), and Dragon Age is really the only game that qualifies in that category this year.
metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By metal_mills

Dragon Age won't win shit on this site because they barely played it. Dave is the only one who'll put it on his list.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By Milkman
@quezen said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @quezen said:
" @Shadow said:
" And no Killzone...and no Infamous...and no Street Fighter 4.  That makes me sad. "
Its just that some games... like punch out and that rabbit game... nvm. everyone has the right for their own personal taste. Just thinks its weird how he included Fallout 3 instead of DAO, I mean what did he play then in 2008? he never even tried F3? "
You are aware that Bethesda released a huge load of Fallout 3 DLC this past year, right? "
yes, I downloaded them and got all achievements, however DLC in F3 over DAO? no, I wouldnt recommend it at all. "
What don't you understand? He didn't play Dragon Age. I don't understand why this is being debated.
mrariscottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By mrariscottle

It's just his opinion... You don't know what he got from all these games when he was playing them alone or whatever. Besides, had a huge list and had to knock it down to ten, so Dragon Age could have been close.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Whisperkill

Even though his top 5 were super predictable, I have to give him respect for putting F.E.A.R. 2 on that list. It is such an unappreciated game.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By penguindust

Wow, Ryan doesn't include a game that you've enjoyed.  Hmm, do you think I should start a thread complaining that Ryan didn't mention Borderlands?  How about one that highlights his failure to include Torchlight?  Any Demon's Souls fans out there frothing at the mouth over Ryan snubbing your chosen game?  Geez, it's his list, let him have his choices.  You've got yours, I've got mine and I am sure Jeff, Brad, Vinny and Dave will all have their own, too.  

Look at it this way, it took him a year to honor Fallout 3, so maybe Dragon Age: Origins will show up on his "Best of 2010" list.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By damswedon
@JackiJinx: we shall never know (sigh)
quezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By quezen
@PenguinDust said:

" Wow, Ryan doesn't include a game that you've enjoyed.  Hmm, do you think I should start a thread complaining that Ryan didn't mention Borderlands?  How about one that highlights his failure to include Torchlight?  Any Demon's Souls fans out there frothing at the mouth over Ryan snubbing your chosen game?  Geez, it's his list, let him have his choices.  You've got yours, I've got mine and I am sure Jeff, Brad, Vinny and Dave will all have their own, too.  

Look at it this way, it took him a year to honor Fallout 3, so maybe Dragon Age: Origins will show up on his "Best of 2010" list. "

wow, calm down. he did a preview with some other guy of DAO, mayby the wrong guy to begin with then? and I just said that I thought it was weird, never said he wasnt allowed a personal list. I was more hinting that the guy probably doesnt like rpg's that much, while F3 is a RPG its still very much action orientend, I know people who dislike rpg's and still liked F3 as an action-shooter with som story.
walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By walreese55
@quezen: no borderlands either.
quezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By quezen
@Black_Raven said:
" It's just his opinion, and he said so himself that he didn't play every game released this year. "
but thats like me being a movie critic for a site at age 12-30+ saying, I didnt see Avatar! didnt have free time.
You dont miss a bioware game, and especially not the spirtual successor for baldurs gate, if you like rpg's.
MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#63  Edited By MildMolasses
@DBrim said:
" @quezen: Would be extremely surprised if it isn't on Vinny's list.  If Dave makes one (likely not, though), it will probably be on his, too.   "
Dave had a ist with the other 4 guys last year, so I don't see why he wouldn't have one this year. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By penguindust
@quezen:   I'm not angry.  I just couldn't understand why you'd choose to start a post concerning him not including this one game.  And, I don't think it means he doesn't like RPGs if he didn't include it any more than it would if he leaves off Final Fantasy XIII next year.  Maybe, he doesn't like the old Baulder's Gate style of RPG or maybe he had 10 spots and this one just missed the cut.  Like my original response, I think you are reading too much into these things. 
delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By delta_ass
@quezen said:
" @Black_Raven said:
" It's just his opinion, and he said so himself that he didn't play every game released this year. "
but thats like me being a movie critic for a site at age 12-30+ saying, I didnt see Avatar! didnt have free time. You dont miss a bioware game, and especially not the spirtual successor for baldurs gate, if you like rpg's. "

Dragon Age Origins is about 60-100 hours.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ryanwho
@quezen said:
" @Black_Raven said:
but thats like me being a movie critic for a site at age 12-30+ saying, I didnt see Avatar! didnt have free time. You dont miss a bioware game, and especially not the spirtual successor for baldurs gate, if you like rpg's. "
Um no. See, movies are a buck 20 or so, and even short games tend to breach 6 hours. So your analogy is pretty ridiculous. To play every substantial game in a year would require no social life whatsoever. Hey maybe that's where you are and if so I feel for you, but you can't expect that from everyone.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jimbo

The reaction to Ryan's list is making me want to set the forums on fire.

Did you somehow miss the first 25 seconds of the video?

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ghostiet
@General_D23 said:
" I think the majority of the staff haven't finished it yet. Vinny might've, but I'm not sure. "

Knowing Vinny's nitpicking in finishing games, I highly doubt it. I'm the same type - I'm ending 4 hour long video games in one week if there are side missions and unlockable shit.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#69  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@quezen said:
" @Shadow said:
" And no Killzone...and no Infamous...and no Street Fighter 4.  That makes me sad. "
Its just that some games... like punch out and that rabbit game... nvm. everyone has the right for their own personal taste. Just thinks its weird how he included Fallout 3 instead of DAO, I mean what did he play then in 2008? he never even tried F3? "
Because how can he justify putting a game he has barely played into a GOTY list?
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ryanwho
@creamypies said:
" @quezen said:
" @Shadow said:
Because how can he justify putting a game he has barely played into a GOTY list? "
And quezen says 'How can he make a GOTY list without playing every game?' I guess he can't. I guess they better stop these obligatory lists that bring out so many idiots. Its a real bummer but I'm sure I'll get over it.
quezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By quezen
@ryanwho said:

" @creamypies said:

" @quezen said:
" @Shadow said:
Because how can he justify putting a game he has barely played into a GOTY list? "
And quezen says 'How can he make a GOTY list without playing every game?' I guess he can't. I guess they better stop these obligatory lists that bring out so many idiots. Its a real bummer but I'm sure I'll get over it. "
never said that, never would. however, there are some games you "SHOULD" play if you have any real intrest in the genre. 
you think anyone intrest in RTS will miss out Starcraft2 because of "lack of time". yeah right...  and if so, dont fucking play some rabbit game ;)
never said Ryan did the wrong thing, just figured out he can't like the genre at all that much.
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Opinions, people have them, even you, so stop bitching, allright?

quezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By quezen
@VilhelmNielsen said:
" Opinions, people have them, even you, so stop bitching, allright? "
yeah, and I never cared what Ryan said before, so I shouldnt have even made this topic to begin with.
dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By dudacles

Giantbomb has very tiny main staff. Their interests are also quite wide, and they have to play all manner of games. Now, Dragon Age: Origins is insanely long, and these guys are always short on time. So, they gave the game to Dave, and Ryan has not yet had the opportunity to properly delve into DA:O. Why then, are you wondering why he hasn't put it up there. Besides, maybe he won't even like the game. Just because you're into Bioware's products doesn't mean he has to be.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#75  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@quezen said:
" @ryanwho said:

" @creamypies said:

" @quezen said:
" @Shadow said:
And quezen says 'How can he make a GOTY list without playing every game?' I guess he can't. I guess they better stop these obligatory lists that bring out so many idiots. Its a real bummer but I'm sure I'll get over it. "
never said that, never would. however, there are some games you "SHOULD" play if you have any real intrest in the genre.  you think anyone intrest in RTS will miss out Starcraft2 because of "lack of time". yeah right...  and if so, dont fucking play some rabbit game ;) never said Ryan did the wrong thing, just figured out he can't like the genre at all that much. "
Or he had a commitment to review other games, therefore had no time to play DAO.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76  Edited By demontium
@quezen: I love RPGs and DAO did not make it on my list.
Darklord110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Darklord110

I love RPGs as well and still haven't gotten around to Dragon Age.  Maybe I should just give up on the genre.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By LiquidSwords
  Nothing but whiny post in this thread
Vigilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Vigilance

Here's the thing: if you're going to actually run a site as a business, then yes, you should cover games your user base is going to care about.  

The amount of coverage that's been given to Dragon Age doesn't seem to fit the bill. 

GTA is *not* my thing, almost no interest, but if there had been almost no coverage of GTA IV, that would have been worth noting, and if there had been as little coverage of GTA IV on the site as there has been of Dragon Age, people would have noted it.