Want to help Humble Hearts, not Microsoft

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Rxanadu

I want to show the creator of Dust: An Elysian Tail support by purchasing the game (despite not having a 360), but I don't want to support Microsoft as I see their treatment of indie developers apauling. My ulterior motive is to get the game on another online service. Is there any other way to do such a thing? This is all assuming the creator has both the necessary funds, resources, and expertise to port the game over to said service.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

Have you contacted Humble Hearts and asked? They probably know better than we do and I'm sure they'd be happy to take donations.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By YoungFrey

They did choose to publish with Microsoft. There must be a reason it didn't come out on Steam or PSN first. Even if MS isn't good to indies, they did put out this one in Summer of Arcade.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

The game is exclusive to microsoft for the time being. So if you want to support the developer you must buy it there. Surely that is better then nothing.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Codeacious

@YoungFrey said:

They did choose to publish with Microsoft. There must be a reason it didn't come out on Steam or PSN first. Even if MS isn't good to indies, they did put out this one in Summer of Arcade.

I think that's because the creator won Microsoft's contest to make a game. (Wasn't it called "Dream, Build, Play"? I can't remember.)

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zombie2011

I'm tired of this lets hate on corporations theme GB has.

It seems most people here hate MS, EA, Ubisoft (up until they reversed the DRM thing today), Activision, Blizzard (because Diablo was down for a couple days).

I can't wait for Valve to slip up and do something dumb so that these people will have no choice but to stop playing games.

NickyDubz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By NickyDubz

@zombie2011 said:

I'm tired of this lets hate on corporations theme GB has.

It seems most people here hate MS, EA, Ubisoft (up until they reversed the DRM thing today), Activision, Blizzard (because Diablo was down for a couple days).

I can't wait for Valve to slip up and do something dumb so that these people will have no choice but to stop playing games.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spoonman671

Dude, just buy the games you want.

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Rxanadu

@BraveToaster: That sounds like a good idea. I'll have to try doing that.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Phatmac

I love it when people think that Microsoft is some evil big company and that all of its employers are heartless business men. Educate yourself and realize that without Microsoft's help, Dust would have never been released. Just buy the game if you wish to support Humble Hearts.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By august

Microsoft published the game. Which probably means they paid for it to be developed and own it.

So I wouldn't wait for it to come out anywhere else.