#1 Edited by super2j (1650 posts) -

Reading this thread over here (zero quicklooks this week). Both these guys make good points. So maybe its time for some of our funny users to pretend to be one of the crew and quicklook a game or two in the dry spell we might expect to see soon. I would love nothing more then to try this myself but my friends suck and refuse it when I explain to them that they could be "internet famous" and receive sick computers just because.

I want emphasize that we take on GB roles. ex. "Hi I am super2j, the Jeff of this video".

So is anyone game?ha get it??....I may have gotten myself into a jam with that one...a space jam. (I would be an amazing Jeff).

Site's probably going to be dead for a while with the stolen equipment, lack of new games, patrick moving, ryan having a wedding, and then PAX Australia. And those aren't excuses just simply the reality of how giantbomb operates.

Also the "No games are coming out" argument is just stupid. Even if games aren't coming out, they receive thousands of games via mail that we very rarely get to see.

#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@super2j: What about the 2 quick looks for tomorrow and another on the 23rd?

Or the fact they JUST got back from E3 where their equipment got stolen. Or Patrick moving and chances are they went out to party to see him off?

#3 Posted by Clonedzero (4048 posts) -

well vinny, brad and rorie are staying in the US right?

Just give them the keys and let them run things for a month. Remember that week after the holidays when Jeff and Ryan were both on vacation, it was just vinny brad and drew in the office. We got that eurotruck quicklook, one of those awesomely dumb sleeping dogs quicklooks. it was glorious.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (35833 posts) -

I've actually been thinking of trying to Quick Look some stuff myself, but there are several issues with that, both technical and.....what's the word for "I have zero camera experience whatsoever"?

#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13130 posts) -

sure. why not. Lets who wants to do a "quicklook throwback" over skype something old and easily emulat-able. Like the Pokemon Trading Card Game for GB... mostly kidding

#6 Posted by Dalai (6980 posts) -

Hi I am Dalai, the Vinny of this video. And by Vinny, I mean I skinned his hide and I'm wearing it as a cape.

I want no part in this unless I can actually wear Vinny's skin.

#7 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1511 posts) -

@video_game_king: It's actually not that difficult to get a much more basic version of what the Giant Bomb crew does. I'm a production engineer at a radio station, and had been looking into video stuff just for fun. I found this http://obsproject.com/ that would probably do what most of you duders are looking for. it's free, open source, and works really well.

#8 Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake (462 posts) -

I like the idea of user generated quick looks or bombasticas, not pretending to be the staff necessarily but it could be cool.

#9 Edited by CornBREDX (4755 posts) -

This is already an incredibly creepy thread.

#10 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1511 posts) -

@cornbredx: The part about wanting to roleplay the crew yeah. But wanting to make your own video content? That could be cool. Or horrible, I don't know. I don't watch Let's Plays on youtube cause they're horrible.

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (35833 posts) -

@toowalrus:

I was thinking maybe try out some ROM hacks, since they're easy to cover and something I'd genuinely like to see discussed on Giant Bomb. It's not all "Super Hitler Dick Bros", people!

#12 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1511 posts) -

@dalai: Vinny actually made a joke in one of the Random PC Game videos about wearing people's skins. So I guess it wasn't too far off...

#13 Posted by slyspider (1133 posts) -

Well, I think this thread was a little misconstrued. Good idea for some community involvement, would love to see/do Quicklooks by bombers!

#14 Posted by super2j (1650 posts) -

@cornbredx: @alwaysbebombing: That was a joke... I mean its not like I go to bed in a track suit and dream of riding the nintendo express with Jeff and its not like I push him off in said dream and take his place.... those things do not happen.

@video_game_king: It's actually not that difficult to get a much more basic version of what the Giant Bomb crew does. I'm a production engineer at a radio station, and had been looking into video stuff just for fun. I found this http://obsproject.com/ that would probably do what most of you duders are looking for. it's free, open source, and works really well.

Actually, I found out about that software from Vinny in a video and yes it works very nicely. I recorded this with it. And I was impressed by what I got. I still couldnt nail down how to adjust the quality but this all ran on my laptop with a gt540m graphics card.

#15 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

Or they could just get a video intern.

#16 Posted by kkotd (289 posts) -

Quick alternatives, if you really want QL style videos, probably the best, if not most opinionated, would be Totalbiscuit's 'WTF is...' series on Youtube. If you're looking for games played 'cool-like' go search @hamst3r's Youtube channel, he's really fun to watch and makes awesome music, some of which about this very community.

Other than that... Some of you have some serious fucking issues. I think Vinny needs armed guards now.

#17 Posted by TooWalrus (13130 posts) -

@toowalrus:

I was thinking maybe try out some ROM hacks, since they're easy to cover and something I'd genuinely like to see discussed on Giant Bomb. It's not all "Super Hitler Dick Bros", people!

That's not a bad idea, I'd be interested- at least in watching that. Though, I'd probably watch a video of V_G_K playing through "Super Hitler Dick Bros.", too.

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (35833 posts) -

@super2j:

I'm assuming the program lets you save your streams to upload to YouTube, then? No fucking about with other sources to get it all wrangled in?

#19 Posted by super2j (1650 posts) -

@video_game_king: There is a setting that creates a local file instead of broadcasting yes.

#20 Posted by Nictel (2365 posts) -

I'm the couch.

#21 Posted by Flappy (2114 posts) -

@kkotd: No need for guards when there are a buncha boxes lying around for him to hide in MGS-style.

Oh, and this thread is a wee bit on the creepy side. Just sayin'.

#22 Edited by super2j (1650 posts) -

@nictel said:

I'm the couch.

that took me a second to get. then I laughed, lol.

#23 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6041 posts) -

Someday, I'd love to see a "Community" sub-menu option for preciselly this sort of thing, with the option to vote them up or down depending on the quality and content. As great as features like Encyclopedia Bombastica are, there's just not enough time in the day to cover absolutely everything, which is where the community could theoretically help. Now, of course, the Internet being the Internet, this'd probably all end in tears as someone inserts pictures of dicks spliced into their videos, but we can dream, right?

#24 Posted by super2j (1650 posts) -

@sparky_buzzsaw: Well considering how well the wiki is maintained here, I could definitely see the community quickly down voting or removing content that is like that. I mean, I definitely would have the urge to do something like that but like most, I can see it fade away as I take the "bombastica initiative" more seriously. It would feel so cool to have myself as the voice explaining a game and being featured on the site for it. Eventually there will be those in the community that become well known for their knowledge or sense of humor. It will be another way for the users to stand out and become known.

I may go watch a bombastica to get an idea of what kind of notes i need to hit for it and then I think I might try to start the "bombastica initiative" thread. I will then also list out what I used to make the video.

#25 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1511 posts) -