#1 Posted by erhard (378 posts) -

"We’re pleased to announce that Legendary Pictures’ WARCRAFT will be released by Universal Studios Entertainment on December 18, 2015."

From the World of Warcraft Facebook page.

I'll be seeing this and it will probably be the first time I go to the movies in ten years.

#2 Posted by jking47 (1207 posts) -

Oh wow, did not really expect this to ever happen. Still a long time for them to cancel though!

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -

Optimistic!

#4 Posted by Slag (3897 posts) -

Hmm what era of the Warcraft story it will be about.

Kinda hoping either Wc1 or 3. WoW doesn't have the same impact without the preceding stories..

#5 Posted by EXTomar (4444 posts) -

I will not be surprised the next expansion will tie in some way. That expansion and the movie will probably get a bunch of time at Blizz-con next month.

#6 Posted by Grixxel (762 posts) -

Took them long enough, sheesh.

#7 Posted by Andorski (5173 posts) -

Were the rumors of Colin Farrell being cast in the lead role true?

#8 Posted by Hunter5024 (5505 posts) -

Cool. There aren't enough fantasy movies.

#9 Posted by PandaBear (1295 posts) -

This just in from the future! WarCraft movie delayed until never!

This bloated mess has been a failure to launch a few times ... I doubt we'll see it in the next decade.

#10 Edited by crithon (3048 posts) -

considering how many effect studios get hired for films now, I bet it's gonna be pretty smooth production. I honestly would love to see some make up tests on orcs and trolls

#11 Posted by Random45 (995 posts) -

Haha, this isn't happening. I bet you it'll get delayed/canceled before anything significant happens.

#12 Posted by Voxus (314 posts) -

I fucking LOVED phonebooth.

#13 Edited by FriendlyPhoenix (352 posts) -

No it won't. I refuse to believe that this is actually going to come out, especially without delay.

#14 Posted by Milkman (16479 posts) -

Really striking when the iron's hot.

#15 Posted by FengShuiGod (1478 posts) -

Seven Psychopaths was really underrated.

#16 Posted by Seedofpower (3925 posts) -

Me about 4 years ago would be totally pump for this movie. Now I barely care, probably still see it but when its a buck or on dvd.

#17 Posted by yoshisaur (2606 posts) -

Awesome. Can't wait to see it! I really hope Blizzard's trademark appeal from their cinematics is integrated into the movie.

#18 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5124 posts) -

That's good, I guess? Hopefully it turns out well for those who're interested.

#19 Edited by GreggD (4475 posts) -

IF. If it comes out, I'm sure it will be garbage.

#21 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5159 posts) -

If the whole thing was Blizzard CG it would be pretty sweet

#22 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5159 posts) -

@erhard said:

"We’re pleased to announce that Legendary Pictures’ WARCRAFT will be released by Universal Studios Entertainment on December 18, 2015."

From the World of Warcraft Facebook page.

I'll be seeing this and it will probably be the first time I go to the movies in ten years.

Goes to movies to see garbage. Doesn't go to movies to see No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood, 3:10 to Yuma, The Prestige, or The Dark Knight, or another few dozen excellent films.

#23 Posted by NicksCorner (409 posts) -

Meh... Perhaps like five years too late?