Avatar image for mightymayormike
MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MightyMayorMike

Anyone else excited for this? I think I've more or less left my MMO playing days behind me, but I still want to see what THQ is going to do with it. Hell, maybe I'll even play it for a few months. I do love me some 40k!

Saw it on Kotaku.

brodywb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By brodywb

This is the first MMO that has got me interested. I could definitely see myself checking this out.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bionicicide
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Geno

I'm very interested. If GW2 were not up for next year this would be a definite buy for me. 

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seedofpower

mmmm I love dow2 and the fiction of the warhammer 40k universe but Fuckkkkkk I don't want to play an mmo.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By shirogane
@Bionicicide said:
"Ughh... I bet this delayed W40K: Space Marine to 2012. "

It shouldn't, they're being made by completely different developers. Relic is making Space Marine, 40k Online is being made by the guys who made Darksiders, which, i might add, is awesome. 

As long as they don't force me to play a race i absolutely hate, which in this case, is quite a lot of them, this game will be awesome.
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By TomA

I am a huge fan of anything Warhammer, especially 40k, and have been into the tabletop game for years now( mostly painting and theory) and will devour any 40k game out there. I am excited.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Seedofpower: Same. I see MMO's as being bland and repetitive and it's not going to give the WH40k series any justice.
Avatar image for mightymayormike
MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MightyMayorMike
@Shirogane: I wonder if it'll still delay it if 40k Online actually comes out this year. I don't think they'd bring them out one on top of another.

@AestheticSynthesis: I'm also worried about how 40K will be handled. At the same time, it seems like it'd lend itself well to an MMO-style battle grind, considering there is only war and all of that.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Bionicicide said:
" Ughh... I bet this delayed W40K: Space Marine to 2012. "
This. I don't fucking care about 40k online :( 

Well, I would try, but if I need an MMO to play I already have thousands of hours invested in games like Trek Online, WoW and Eve, no point starting another. 

I just want W40K Space Marine. And I want it now :\
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By FirePrince

FUCK.YES. 
No grinding shit.Please.FPS.Please. 
Make a good MMO ffs.
Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@The_A_Drain said:

" @Bionicicide said:

" Ughh... I bet this delayed W40K: Space Marine to 2012. "
This. I don't fucking care about 40k online :(  Well, I would try, but if I need an MMO to play I already have thousands of hours invested in games like Trek Online, WoW and Eve, no point starting another.  I just want W40K Space Marine. And I want it now :\ "
The Emperor delivers not one, but two games for the future, and you allow your lacking discipline and patience to shine through!? Ungrateful heretics! 

As for the MMO, if they can do the 40k brand justice, it cannot become anything else but bloody brilliant.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Hamz

I'm not interested until I hear the words "Warhammer 40K MMO is Free To Play!" and only then will I be interested. Otherwise count me in the 'meh' column.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By penguindust

Meh, Star Wars The Old Republic is the only potential MMO in my future.  If that turns out to be a crap-fest then I might look at this, but since this is just a reveal, I'll bet the game won't be available until2012.  (It seems that's the year THQ is shooting for.)

And Kotaku must be having a slow news day because this little snippet was posted on Massively two months ago!

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chyro

The way MMOs are now it will be the same shit as every other MMO.  

I see "Kill 5 Chaos Marines" in this games future.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By DCFGS3

I would have to see mechanics first, because I don't want another WoW combat system of just taking turns to whack each other. A FPS MMO would be awesome though, where skill rather than grinding would matter most.

Karolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#17  Edited By Karolis

Oh good, there are not too many good scifi MMOs, and I enjoyed playing a bit of Warhammer : Age of Reckoning Online.

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ThePencil

Goddamn it! Another bloody MMO setting that's got me wanting to play it. As If wasnt enough to have The Old Republic and DCU:Online on my 'Must sell soul to' list. But gotta say, if this is a stupid ass FPS MMo, I might be tempted to pass on it instead (they should totally do a 40k FPS, just not an MMo FPS IMO)

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By phrosnite

40k is probably the coolest universe ever and it has such a potential for great video games. I can't wait to see more info for both the MMO and Space Marine.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By BunkerBuster

If Warhammer Online isn't compelling and doesn't really work, how the hell are they going to get 40k right? They probably wont have all the races and i doubt the gun combat will feel as good as a normal fps. 
Prediction: Only space marines and all the classes will mimic WOW counterparts.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jimbo

A few years ago, THQ said they wouldn't make an MMO until WoW was in decline.  Do you think WoW is in decline, or did they just get bored of waiting?

Personally, I think there is still a market out there for another big MMO besides WoW, but it can't just be WoW in a different setting.  Somebody desperately needs to do something radical to shake the genre up if they want to attract those of us that aren't playing WoW - if we still wanted to play a game 'like WoW', we'd be playing WoW.  And if they keep going after WoW's current player base, they will keep failing (Star Wars is an exception to this rule, just because the brand is so strong).

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ArcLyte

THIS is one of my most hotly anticipated games. and it's being made by Vigil. holy shit. this will be fantastic.

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chyro
@Jimbo: 

Indeed.  With Star Wars looking pretty bland as well I'm not really looking forward to anything coming out.  Maybe Secret World because I am really digging the fiction behind it but if the mechanics are exactly the same as WoW I won't be purchasing it.     With most MMOs having almost zero story it has to fall back on the gameplay.   And lets face it.  The combat in MMOs nowadays is so damn boring and repetitive that it makes my brain turn to goo.  There is a huge fraction of people that want a PvP centered MMO but even WAR fell flat on its face after basically making WoW with better PvP.   The mechanics need to change drastically because it has been the same shit for the past 4-5 years.

Maybe I'll go back to EVE Online, or try out Fallen earth because I am sick of gear tiers and raid bosses.