Warhammer Online Gets New Drawf Slayer and Ork Choppa Classes

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Hector

Two of the more iconic character types from the Warhammer universe are finally making their way to Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Starting today, players can now create Ork Choppa and Dwarf Slayer characters and with this new content comes some new content and features to the budding MMORPG.

The tattooed Slayer is the manifestation of the Dwarfs’ obsession with honour, seeking only a heroic and honourable death in combat. However, dying quietly is simply not in his nature. In WAR, the Slayer is a ruthless and terrifying fighter, throwing himself into battle with no regard for his own well-being. He is a force to be reckoned with and relies on his ever-escalating rage to power each swing of his dual axes.

The ornery and savage Choppa is an offensive juggernaut that embodies the love of a good fight found in every Orc. He has a one-track mind that is dead set on wreaking havoc on enemy lines and bashin' heads! Driven by an inexplicably strong bloodlust, the Choppa is a whirlwind of destruction on the battlefield with a …debatable sense of self-preservation.

These two new careers come to reinforce the plethora of updates and changes that have stepped into the Age of Reckoning:

• The recently added Knight of the Blazing Sun and Black Guard tank careers
  • New easy, medium, and hard PQs designed for different group sizes and skill levels
  • Increased experience gain in Tiers 3 and 4
  • New Influence rewards earned in Open RvR
  • A new Domination system to determine Tier 4 zone control
  • Frequent, fun and rewarding live events
  • New and improved Guild rewards
  • Improvements to overall performance and server stability
  • Official European WAR Forums
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#1  Edited By Hector

Two of the more iconic character types from the Warhammer universe are finally making their way to Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Starting today, players can now create Ork Choppa and Dwarf Slayer characters and with this new content comes some new content and features to the budding MMORPG.

The tattooed Slayer is the manifestation of the Dwarfs’ obsession with honour, seeking only a heroic and honourable death in combat. However, dying quietly is simply not in his nature. In WAR, the Slayer is a ruthless and terrifying fighter, throwing himself into battle with no regard for his own well-being. He is a force to be reckoned with and relies on his ever-escalating rage to power each swing of his dual axes.

The ornery and savage Choppa is an offensive juggernaut that embodies the love of a good fight found in every Orc. He has a one-track mind that is dead set on wreaking havoc on enemy lines and bashin' heads! Driven by an inexplicably strong bloodlust, the Choppa is a whirlwind of destruction on the battlefield with a …debatable sense of self-preservation.

These two new careers come to reinforce the plethora of updates and changes that have stepped into the Age of Reckoning:

• The recently added Knight of the Blazing Sun and Black Guard tank careers
  • New easy, medium, and hard PQs designed for different group sizes and skill levels
  • Increased experience gain in Tiers 3 and 4
  • New Influence rewards earned in Open RvR
  • A new Domination system to determine Tier 4 zone control
  • Frequent, fun and rewarding live events
  • New and improved Guild rewards
  • Improvements to overall performance and server stability
  • Official European WAR Forums
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

How's Warhammer Online doing these days, as far as numbers are concerned.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By End_Boss

Aw, man. We get the Slayer now?

/dusts off copy of WAR.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Kohe321
Vinchenzo said:
"How's Warhammer Online doing these days, as far as numbers are concerned."
Not very good as far as I know, they decided to close 60 servers last week.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz
Vinchenzo said:
You mean players? There is plenty off them, if you used to play or never tried it out I suggest you do. Server migrations have really balanced out the population and I believe NPD sales report says WAR is the third highest selling PC game for the first week of March.
Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Dauragon

<.<

>.>

CHOPPA STYLEEEEEE

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Too little too late.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187
Kohe321 said:
"Vinchenzo said:
Not very good as far as I know, they decided to close 60 servers last week."
That doesn't mean it's failing at all.  They merged servers so they could balance out the populations better.  You have to remember that this is a PvP-centric game, so you'll see this happen a LOT.  Low pop servers are not something to keep around on a PvP and RvR-based game.  DAoC went through LOTS of server merges back in the day.  It's no biggie, trust me.

Also, I've been watching one of the doods here at work playing on his Slayer and Choppa.  Pretty sweet classes.  I'm a big fan of melee DPS, so it's right up my alley.  I'm gonna check them out on the trial in the next week or two.  I wish my buddies would get their heads out of their ass, quit WoW, and go over to WAR.  *ugh*  Oh well...