Watch Dogs 2?

intruder_joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Been very quiet on the Watch Dogs front. Only 1 DLC released. A commercial hit with 7million sold but a critical flop, the game was abysmal. Any chance of WD2 now? I know AC was a critical failure as well but a commercial success and people still bought the sequel AC2 which is an amazing game the rest are crap. (brotherhood was more of an expansion to me). I actually thought its funny that Ubisoft thought they could compete with Rockstar as their adds clearly showed and bam WD came out and LOL really ubi you thought this crap could compete with GTA V LOL. Ok im ranting now.

I would think that a neo-tokyo futuristic approach would be the way to go for a GTA style open world game but ubi shot themselves in the foot. Are guys interested in WD2 at all?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Assassin's Creed 1 and 4 are the best Assassin's Creed games (AC2 was meh, AC3 was crap)

Watch Dogs is mainly just boring.

If they actually do make a sequel maybe they can get a lot of the stuff they got wrong right. So, I'd not ask for a sequel but if one came out I might play it if it was considered better overall.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Been very quiet on the Watch Dogs front. Only 1 DLC released. A commercial hit with 7million sold but a critical flop, the game was abysmal.

That game was not "abysmal" ... it was a fun open world game that had some flaws.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, it's only been a year since release. It's way too early for Watch_Dogs to go annual.

On a related note, I think Watch_Dogs is, mechanically, one of the most underrated releases of last year. The shooting was absolutely solid, hell, it felt better than the gun-play in GTAV. It's too bad every other aspect of WD was an absolute bore .

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I enjoyed Watch dogs quite a bit it was refreshing to play in a city that wasn't NY or LA seriously so sick of playing these locations. But of course Watch Dogs was far from perfect Aiden was bland but I seen worst Jordie was the best side character in my opinion I loved his dialog.The radio playlist is the worst I've seen in any open world game god awful only a few alright songs. Gameplay wise it needed melee attacks and a good fighting system.Also drive by's would be great and driving in general needs to be tweaked.But what tainted the game the most was the graphics downgrade and Ubisoft lying saying it wasn't downgraded when it clearly was.Fuck Ubisoft for deceiving the fans looks like the Division is going in the same route. But I still would like to see Watch Dogs 2 it needs alot of work for the series to become the game that everybody wanted the first one to be.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Evilsbane

@2headedninja said:
@intruder_joe said:

Been very quiet on the Watch Dogs front. Only 1 DLC released. A commercial hit with 7million sold but a critical flop, the game was abysmal.

That game was not "abysmal" ... it was a fun open world game that had some flaws.

Yea seriously I understand and agree that it wasn't quite to the level they were hyping it, but "abysmal" is not a word that comes to mind you would die if you didn't use your abilities which made them important so it may have fallen flat but it was some flaming pile of junk it isn't anything close to AC3.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally did not even realize the title was asking about "Watch Dogs" 2, and not about watching some movie called "Dogs 2" until I entered the topic. I think that says a lot.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they can make the same leap in quality between Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2, with Watch Dogs 2, then I'm way down. Also a main character who isn't boring would help... Also like AC and AC 2.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If they took out all guns from the game and turned it into a sleuthy game where you had to use your hacking social network skills to work out connections between people and solve crimes this way then at the very least I would play it.

Or they take out all the tech shit and made you play an over weight balding retired cop who had to do stakeouts and essentially it's just some old noir, I'd also play that.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch Dogs was an interesting game with cool mechanics. It just had a unlikable protagonist and a boring story/world, and the look of the game was kind of disappointing in the end, but I liked my time with it.

They can't just stop at one. Just like AC.

intruder_joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By intruder_joe

@jec03: ya

@jec03 said:

I enjoyed Watch dogs quite a bit it was refreshing to play in a city that wasn't NY or LA seriously so sick of playing these locations. But of course Watch Dogs was far from perfect Aiden was bland but I seen worst Jordie was the best side character in my opinion I loved his dialog.The radio playlist is the worst I've seen in any open world game god awful only a few alright songs. Gameplay wise it needed melee attacks and a good fighting system.Also drive by's would be great and driving in general needs to be tweaked.But what tainted the game the most was the graphics downgrade and Ubisoft lying saying it wasn't downgraded when it clearly was.Fuck Ubisoft for deceiving the fans looks like the Division is going in the same route. But I still would like to see Watch Dogs 2 it needs alot of work for the series to become the game that everybody wanted the first one to be.

ya chicago is very exotic and not NY-like at all.... (non american perspective)

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FacelessVixen

Heh. Sure. My expectations for games are pretty low and a Watch_Dogs_2 would be enough to satiate my three-day-long attention span for games.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch Dogs was absolutely not abysmal. Was it pretty disappointing? Yeah, but it was still a pretty fun game and probably the best thing Ubisoft has put out in quite some time.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the hell out of Watch Underscore Dogs. Flaws up the ass, and disappointing visually after that breathtaking E3 demo, but I had a lot of fun with it. The hide-and-seek style multiplayer was really cool as well. I'd love a sequel that addresses the first game's flaws.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't call it "abysmal" but it was such a pointless game it isn't even funny.

It was like open-world video game white noise.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjbsterling: So was, like, every open-world game since Skyrim aside from one or two. It was at least a pretty fun one with an oddly high amount of hand-crafted content for a Ubisoft game.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to say if people would want a Watch Underscore Dogs 2 just because it was just a pretty mediocre game in a lot of ways that sold a lot on the promise of being a truly next gen game. That said, Ubisoft seem to be dialling down expectations of The Division. The initial showing for that game was also met with a lot of hype but delays have definitely cooled what hype was built up. More recent showings also don't look as good graphically as the first showing so maybe Ubisoft are slowly trying to get back into good graces with audiences just because they keep showing off games that look way better before release but only Aliens: Colonial Marines got major flack for it. Far Cry 3 also looked more visually impressive before release but the game also blind sided a lot of people just because of how well it played. AC Unity on the other hand looked as good as what they showed it to be, it was just a horrible, buggy mess and didn't run well on computers that should've been more than capable enough to run it.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#18  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

Man, I kind of get tired of people treating watch dogs like it was Duke Nukem Forever or something.

I really, really liked the trolly-ass multiplayer in Watch Dogs and I thought Aiden Pearce was one of the funniest characters in all video games. I'd be down for a sequel.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I hope they do a sequel! I had a great time with it. The stealth, shooting, driving, and hacking were all really fun. Got me thinking about NPC enemies in a different way too.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I didn't even finish the game. I think that they'd have to enact some drastic changes for me to be remotely interested in a sequel. That game was just incredibly mediocre.

I'd say make guns really rare, focus on stealth, and expand the hacking systems to more than a button press to do something boring. But it's a AAA open world game so that'll never happen.

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the game wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It certainly had flaws, that no one can deny, but Watch Dogs did at least make a good effort at being an open world game. There will be a sequel, I'm sure, it's just a matter of how they approach it: Will it be something they genuinely try to iterate on or just another feather in Ubisoft's pimp cap? Sadly I think we all know the answer, but I'm looking forward to giving it another shot should they take some actual time on it.