#1 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

I wen't back on the GameSpot archives to watch one of my favorite On The Spot's "The Xbox 360 Launch" one and started remembering when that was airing and when I was watching it. Yeah, I was 16 then... I'm now 24... this generation has went on way too long... I feel really old. lol

#2 Posted by falserelic (4955 posts) -

I'm about to be 21 soon, and watching old reviews of Gamespot and ign makes me feel old. Its funny how time goes by sometimes.

#4 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (925 posts) -

Hey guys, did you ever notice how time continues to march forward in an unrelenting and remorseless fashion? Crazy, right?

#5 Posted by McHampton (44 posts) -

Anyone over 30 will read posts like this and think to themselves, "Uh huh, no shit."

But I'm 23 now and yeah, I feel old thinking about when Dead Rising launched.

#6 Posted by Nodima (947 posts) -

For me, it's not jarring that the content is so old, it's jarring how low quality the content was. It's amazing what video quality was like as recently as 2009, I decided to go back and watch old premium content and quick looks a few months ago but it's all almost intolerable right up until around the time they started doing Happy Hour live streams.

#7 Posted by redelectric (148 posts) -

MEMENTO MORI GUYS.

#10 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (925 posts) -

@nodima said:

For me, it's not jarring that the content is so old, it's jarring how low quality the content was. It's amazing what video quality was like as recently as 2009, I decided to go back and watch old premium content and quick looks a few months ago but it's all almost intolerable right up until around the time they started doing Happy Hour live streams.

That's absolutely true, one of my biggest internet pet peeves is when I see a 2013 comment on a YouTube video that was uploaded in 2008 that's all "...dur dur filmed on a potato dur dur which pixel is Clint Eastwood dur dur..." 360p was a perfectly reasonable resolution for a web video five years ago, you YouTube dipshits... Fucking Christ I hate those people.

#11 Edited by tourgen (4257 posts) -

dude hate to say it but a lot about life can feel like Groundhogs Day. Not everything, but enough things. Wait a few fashion/fad/election cycles and catch yourself saying "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this" one morning.

#12 Edited by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

I listened to the "This Year" podcast for the Hot Spot 2006 at work today. Many of the stories were about the pre-launch and launch of the Wii and PS3. It's funny listening to the guys' (and gal's) impression of what these consoles would be like. There was a great bit about how Curt Schilling was starting up his own video game company. That didn't work out too well. Hindsight can be amusing.

#13 Edited by billymagnum (570 posts) -

im 29 and always watched on the spot. its absolutely the reason that im here now. it really sucked experiencing it all fall down but im really glad good things came of it.

fun tip if you thought the old vids were fun to begin with, they used to stream in WMP so you could actually set the play speed slow. and everyone would sound waaaaaaaasted. lmao, well i have the rest of my night planned.

#14 Posted by Pr1mus (3524 posts) -

You feel old because you went from teen in high school to adult during that time.

I was 22-23 when the generation started and really don't feel all that different.

#15 Posted by Vuud (1452 posts) -

Nothing changes. Anime is still for jerks.

#16 Posted by Aegon (5125 posts) -

@vuud said:

Nothing changes. Anime is still for jerks.

Anime never changes.

Anime has changed.

#17 Posted by jimmyfenix (3688 posts) -

I was 11 when the generation started. Now i feel old thinking about it.

#18 Edited by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

@penguindust said:

I listened to the "This Year" podcast for the Hot Spot 2006 at work today. Many of the stories were about the pre-launch and launch of the Wii and PS3. It's funny listening to the guys' (and gal's) impression of what these consoles would be like. There was a great bit about how Curt Schilling was starting up his own video game company. That didn't work out too well. Hindsight can be amusing.

Those are so great. Hearing Jeff and Carrie in the midst of their "points" craze or Jeff and Rich in the midst of their Razor Callahan/Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift craze is so good.

I've also started to go back to a lot of the 2009 Bombcasts (specifically the summer ones). I remember listening to those when they first came out in the summer from 8th grade to high school. Now I'm off to college. Yo time man.

#19 Posted by OurSin_360 (755 posts) -

I was 23 then. whippersnapper

#20 Posted by wjb (1554 posts) -

Whatever, grandpa. Nobody wants to hear about the good old days at Gamespot. Just give us back our frisbee already!

#21 Posted by Animasta (14464 posts) -

@wjb said:

Whatever, grandpa. Nobody wants to hear about the good old days at Gamespot. Just give us back our frisbee already!

But... but it's in the backyard!

WITH THE BEAST!

#22 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4282 posts) -

@tourgen said:

dude hate to say it but a lot about life can feel like Groundhogs Day. Not everything, but enough things. Wait a few fashion/fad/election cycles and catch yourself saying "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this" one morning.

word

#23 Edited by jakob187 (21514 posts) -

You know what makes me feel old?

Korn's title album, their first album ever released, will be 20 years old next year.

THAT makes me feel fucking old.

Know what makes me feel older?

Metallica's Master of Puppets is 27 years old.

#24 Posted by Gruebacca (408 posts) -

I decided to watch that episode. It's so hard to look at that without laughing at how old everything is. The old dashboard, the SD quality, the iPods...

Also, "Smell you losers later!"

#25 Edited by Kevin_Cogneto (925 posts) -

@jakob187 said:
Know what makes me feel older?

Metallica's Master of Puppets is 27 years old.

Would you say that your life burns faster?

#26 Edited by TooWalrus (12988 posts) -

#27 Posted by Killroycantkill (1361 posts) -

That's how I felt when I was listening to old Retronauts episodes today.

#28 Posted by Hailinel (22741 posts) -

@mrpilkington: Just wait until your childhood is resurrected for ironic entertainment, which, seeing as your twenty-four now, shouldn't be that far off.

#29 Posted by envane (1157 posts) -

@mchampton: yeah .. i remember the berlin wall .. that shit went on for way too long .. i feel old

#30 Posted by ShaggE (5997 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

You know what makes me feel old?

Korn's title album, their first album ever released, will be 20 years old next year.

Ho. Ly. Fuck.

#31 Posted by RetroVirus (1405 posts) -

Totally. I remember listening to an episode of 1UP Yours! in 2007, talking about loving Portal, Mass Effect, and BioShock, and I was in High School. Now we've gotten sequels to all those games and I'm starting my last year of college. Time flies. Hell, Mass Effect 2 came out 3 years ago!