• 70 results
#51 Posted by Carlos1408 (1506 posts) -

\±/ Praise the Sun! \±/

#52 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

@humanity said:

So were people really that bothered by having to not use their devices during take-off and landing? I mean if you're taking any sort of substantial trip you still have a good 5-8 hours of dead air time when you're cruising to your destination.

It just doesn't make any sense. Devices have airplane modes.

#53 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3306 posts) -

I always turn electronic things off for most of the flight anyway, never understood why people feel like they need to have them on - better safe than sorry in addition there are plenty of other things you could be doing.

#55 Posted by afrofools (1346 posts) -
#56 Posted by Blair (2506 posts) -

All I wanna do is Praise the Sun!

#57 Edited by Bribo (605 posts) -

What's the point of playing Mario Kart against the guy sitting next to you if it isn't dangerous?

#58 Posted by Humanity (9220 posts) -

@jeffgoldblum: ok i was just wondering if this is a first world problem sort of thing or not

#59 Edited by Vuud (1991 posts) -

This is a GYM BATTLE do you understand?? If I don't win this badge I'll take the whole plane down with me!!

#60 Edited by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -

If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

#61 Posted by ViciousBearMauling (1095 posts) -

\o/ PRAISE THE SUN! \o/

#62 Posted by Generic_username (611 posts) -

I understand that this is a "first world problem" or whatever, but I fly enough that this is fantastic news. I hate having a flight attendant come tap me on the shoulder to take my headphones out. When I fly, I want as little human interaction as possible. I have horrible anxiety issues, and retreating into my world of music and podcasts is the only thing that makes flying bearable. Those thirty minutes at the top and bottom of the flight are godawful for me.

#63 Edited by Bam_Boozilled (150 posts) -

My absolute favorite quote from my favorite character of my favorite game.

#66 Edited by SenatorSpacer (432 posts) -

Praise the sun!

#67 Edited by Killroycantkill (1406 posts) -

I always found people who complain about that to be kind of ridiculous. Like what is the matter with just shutting down an electronic device before take off, to ensure you don't die to unknown reasons. Maybe I just haven't been on enough flights but take off doesn't last that long in my experience.

#68 Posted by ITSSEXYTIME (221 posts) -

@killroycantkill: I think it's less about the inconvenience and more about the principle of it being a dumb nonsensical rule.

#69 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2772 posts) -

#70 Posted by Film_Noir (2 posts) -

Very cool. Now I just need to get a Vita. Tempted to buy a 3DS but if I get a handheld it'll probably be a Vita.

#73 Posted by frostedtsaar (1 posts) -

@snail: Of course he did. I mean, it's what we're all thinking, right? Finally, I don't have to ever stop looking for StreetPasses.

#76 Posted by LandonRobinson (100 posts) -

There are some folks out there, obviously, who ignored the rule because it didn't seem to apply to them. Finally, we don't have to give those rolling eyes anymore.

#77 Posted by BR_Interloper (5 posts) -

I'm that guy that is pretty much passed out before the airplane even takes off, so this is not a big deal for me.

That being said, "Dark Souls"!

#78 Posted by So_Hai (14 posts) -

Sure - but they'll still keep telling me to put my bag under the seat in front further and further...