#1 Posted by MichaelScott (193 posts) -

Don't know if its just me but the website seems real slow right now.  I'm assuming its just because there's so many people on the site posting, editing their profiles, etc.

#2 Posted by Karmum (11509 posts) -

Yes, and after all, it is Day One for GiantBomb being fully completed.

#3 Posted by Oni (2068 posts) -

Yeah, probably because the site is getting hammered. Maybe they underestimated the demand for the site? Anyway, I hope it's temporary. It's a bummer it takes so long to edit stuff.

#4 Posted by Overrated_Hero (238 posts) -

It's alright I can only imagine it's just the insane traffic here.

#5 Posted by FengShuiGod (1470 posts) -

The site is being slow for me too. I'm sure it's just temporary though. The influx of new users must be bogging down the site.

#6 Posted by Peewi (410 posts) -

I'm pretty sure the site is slow for everyone. They really need to upgrade their servers and/or internet tubes.

#7 Posted by Soap (3530 posts) -

Yeah you've got to remember it's day one and also this thing is still in BETA, just be happy that its up at all

#8 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

The site is pretty slow for me as well.

#9 Posted by Charles (90 posts) -

Could be servers or it could be that the site is getting hammered... I'm sure it will smooth out soon 

#10 Posted by Justaddwater (291 posts) -

Yeah dont worry about it, the site has been up for only, what, 9 hours or something? Itll get better with time.

#11 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

yea need better/bandwith server but in time all will be fine, and yeh the site is getting smashed by visits they totally didn't expect.

#12 Posted by Karmum (11509 posts) -

I think honestly one of the admins (Jeff, Ryan, Brad, anyone else I missed), just need to address the issue and say the website is slow due to high traffic. Even though its blatantly obvious, it can stop all these "is the website slow for you?" topics.

...just a thought.

#13 Posted by Pikachu (447 posts) -

the site is slow for everyone

#14 Posted by MichaelScott (193 posts) -

well. Must be good news for the giantbomb guys. Site is so popular the server can hardly handle it. O_O

And that's only in 9 hours. <.<

#15 Posted by 11samype (70 posts) -

Yes, but that is expected when a site first launches.  It will speed up hopefully.

#16 Posted by Julian_jr (418 posts) -

Yeah, it's really slow for me.

#17 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

I bet part of it is because the site is sending out e-mails at an incredible rate! If you post in a topic the server automatically sends you an e-mail for every single response. In 3 hours I had over 200 e-mails and Gmail had already shoved them into my spam folder.

#18 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

Very slow for me. Just glad the website is here thlough

#19 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -
Schizoid said:
"I bet part of it is because the site is sending out e-mails at an incredible rate! If you post in a topic the server automatically sends you an e-mail for every single response. In 3 hours I had over 200 e-mails and Gmail had already shoved them into my spam folder.
"
dont have the e-mail for a post option enabled then lol
#20 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

The Giant Bomb staff and Whiskey Media are still hard at work on the site, so you will experience slow down.  Remember, this is the beta.

#21 Posted by LouChou (458 posts) -
Schizoid said:
"I bet part of it is because the site is sending out e-mails at an incredible rate! If you post in a topic the server automatically sends you an e-mail for every single response. In 3 hours I had over 200 e-mails and Gmail had already shoved them into my spam folder.
"
That's never happened for me. I'd suggest editing your notification settings.

Anyways, yeah, Giantbomb's been quite the slowage all day. It's expected, though. You can't anticipate the demand for something until you put it out there. I'm sure if this continues then the guys backstage will make accommodations for this high demand.
#22 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Yes, very slow =(

#23 Posted by Warfare (1632 posts) -

Yes it is.

#24 Posted by Bkorns4 (129 posts) -

I thought it was just my horrible internet connection, hopefully giant bomb can speed this up.

#25 Posted by DappaDizzle (179 posts) -

come on guys dont forget the site just launched unofficially today and is still a BETA.. it will be buggier btw a tip try browsing it from safari it seem to speed up for me

#26 Posted by Shinedown220 (148 posts) -

Posting and stuff also takes long for me.

#27 Posted by Karmum (11509 posts) -
Soap said:
"Yeah you've got to remember it's day one and also this thing is still in BETA, just be happy that its up at all
"
GiantBomb isn't in BETA anymore, that was before the website launched.
#28 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

The site seems much faster since it came back up

#29 Posted by namster (132 posts) -

well its just launched
getting into the site is pretty slow but once yur connected its not too bad
and the speed going across the forums is pretty quick

#30 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

It was slow when I first logged in but now it is alright.

#31 Posted by Raspinudo (265 posts) -

Just give it some time.....

#32 Posted by Paradigmer (258 posts) -

Aside from being slow, every page that loads automatically scrolls to the very bottom.

- expected beta wrinkles that are yet to be ironed!